Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindz029

Poll: How Do You Take Off Your Makeup?

Hi all

I was wondering how everyone takes off their makeup while on DKR regimen? I use bare minerals as my foundation. I tried ponds cold cream which seemed like it clogged my pores. Olay foaming face wash just dried my skin out. Now Im trying just jojoba oil to break down the makeup and then wipe it away w/ a damp washcloth. Has anyone tried this method??

I do a double cleanse when I need to remove makeup. I use the same cleanser and wash the makeup off first and then cleanse again when my skin is free of makeup. I use a gentle cream cleanser so it doesn't irritate at all to do this method. I find that make up removers are more irritating and take more scrubbing.

Due to the creaminess of my cleanser it sort of melts makeup off so I don't need to scrub and I'd advise this over a washcloth which makes my skin sore.

I just wait until I wash my face at night, nothin special (i use purpose gentle cleanser or something like that, I think its liquid? It takes makeup off really well)

I tried using towelettes before and my skin got dry and irritated and broke out

If I have a lot of eye makeup I just use any old eye makeup remover

I wouldnt recommend wiping the jojoba oil, I think anything with the word wiping is bad especially on the DKR

I just wait until I wash my face at night, nothin special (i use purpose gentle cleanser or something like that, I think its liquid? It takes makeup off really well)

I tried using towelettes before and my skin got dry and irritated and broke out

If I have a lot of eye makeup I just use any old eye makeup remover

I wouldnt recommend wiping the jojoba oil, I think anything with the word wiping is bad especially on the DKR

I agree with you, just use a gentle cleanser to remove make up but I would add, for me it works better if after cleasning use a plain wet cotton pad to go over after and remove any trace of make-up. Very lightly no scrubbing...it hadst irritated my skin. I dont use waterproof mascara-- hell you can never get that crap off! lol

I use Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover to remove my eye makeup.

I then use an cleansing oil to remove my makeup, then use a facial cleanser.

Hi all

I was wondering how everyone takes off their makeup while on DKR regimen? I use bare minerals as my foundation. I tried ponds cold cream which seemed like it clogged my pores. Olay foaming face wash just dried my skin out. Now Im trying just jojoba oil to break down the makeup and then wipe it away w/ a damp washcloth. Has anyone tried this method??

This is what I've just started trying. I'll rub a mix of jojoba and castor oil all over my dry face with makeup on, then get the water really hot so it makes the washcloth steam, and gently rub my face with that. I guess it's sort of like a mini version of the OCM. After that, since I'm scared I don't get it all off, I tone with diluted apple cider vinegar.

i use my cleanser twice - the first time to remove, predominantly, my eye make up and sweep over the rest of my face. then the second time, i remove all the rest of the traces of my makeup.

i have tried using face wipes (just for eye make up removal as i use MAC liquid line which needs paint stripper to remove!) but it gave me spots at the top of my cheeks even if the wipe barely touched my cheek.

I use regular makeup remover for my eye makeup, then jojoba oil for my foundation, etc. Apply it dry all over my face, rub it around very gently, then add some water and continue massaging gently, rinse it off, then wash with Dan's cleanser. Works great for me.

I take off my eye make w/ Neutrogena oil free makeup remover. then i use extra virgin olive oil on a dry face to remove my revlon colorstay. then i get a warm/hot washcloth and steam/pat it off. then i cleanse in the shower after. :)

The ponds makeup removing wipes. I like their texture, and smell. They take off my face makeup off well. The only downside is they are horrible at taking off eye makeup. The neutrogena ones I was using before these were better at taking that off.

Edit: I recently changed back to using the neutrogena makeup remover wipes. Overall, I like how well they can take my makeup off. The ponds ones, I felt, weren't doing a great job at all. Especially like I said on the eye makeup. That was a huge deal to me because I wear that pretty much everyday, and I hated having mascara and stuff still on my eyes. Plus, they would make my skin burn as I was taking off my makeup. The neutrogena ones don't do that. After that I use a toner. Forgot to mention that.

Edited by Vampireninja09

have you tried histomer sensitive skin formula, i really like this product, and it doesn't make my face red, it calms it

and bioderma h2o sensitive skin make up remover is one of the best, too.

I love Philosophy Purity Made Simple. It gets off everything, doesn't dry out my skin and I can use it to remove mascara and liquid liner without making my eyes burn.

For eye makeup I just use an oil-based makeup remover with a cotton pad.

For face makeup though:

First I use face-wipes which has salycic acid in it, so it doesn't break me out.

Then I double cleanse using Shiseido deep oil cleanser which does a great job at making sure it takes out all the dirt, makeup and bacteria and then again with a gentle foam cleanser.

I notice that if I just cleanse twice with the foam cleanser, it tends to dry my skin out, but using the oil cleanser and then the foam cleanser works out well for me.

I start by taking off my eye makeup. I've been using vaseline for that lately.

Then I use MAC's cleanse off oil to remove most of my foundation.

Then I use my Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for the rest of my face.

Here is how I do it:

1) Take cotton ball, put lotion/moisturizer on the cotton ball, and wipe your make-up with it.

2) Take cotton ball, put some Lumene Radiant touch with arctic cloudberry on it, wipe your make-up with it.

CLARISONIC <333 EXPENSIVE AS HELL, but the best purchase ever made. Seriously reduced my breakouts, takes every drop of face makeup off, and makes your skin so smooth you would not even believe. I bought the MIA, which is 149$, super expensive however ive had mine for a year, no problems, and i will never regret buying it. SAVE UP and buy it. amazing, and believe the hype about it because its all true.

i use a micellar lotion. it is the best thing ever for removing makeup when having acne and i know what i'm talikng about because i've tried them all!!! it doesn't clog the pores, it is gentle (no irritation, picking sensation like the other products), non-irritant, it doesn't leave any residual oil on my face and it clears skin like magic! i was reserved before, but after i tried it, it became one of my favorite products and i've recommended it to all my friends. just give it a try, i am sure you'll like it! also, i would like to add that i've tried it after my dermatologist insisted for me to do so.

good luck!

I use the generic target makeup removers. :) gotta save that $$$ hahaha, its actually really good and doesn't break me out, and then I use a little jojoba oil (like everyone else ;) ) but no way is the wrong way and no way is the right way. You just gotta see what works best for you! :)

CLARISONIC <333 EXPENSIVE AS HELL, but the best purchase ever made. Seriously reduced my breakouts, takes every drop of face makeup off, and makes your skin so smooth you would not even believe. I bought the MIA, which is 149$, super expensive however ive had mine for a year, no problems, and i will never regret buying it. SAVE UP and buy it. amazing, and believe the hype about it because its all true.

That's great to hear!surprised.gif I just bought the Clarisonic Mia 2 for $145 online (the Mia 1 is on sale for $119 now), it came with an extra brushhead, and my mom and I have both been using it for a week..she's addicted to it, I was surprised she liked it so much because she's super old fashioned about using a washcloth to clean her face...I like it so far, but I've been going through a small initial breakout on my cheeks for the past few week that's starting to clear up...I'm excited to see what it does for my acne after a few months!

I use extra virgin olive oil on a cotton ball and gently wipe it over my face. I make sure to be very gentle with it of course because I don't want any irritation. Then I cleanse with oatmeal and every other day I use the clarisonic mia with a gentle cleanser.

I cleanse with Cetaphil Moisturizing Creme. It comes in a giant jar, and I've had it for a year already. I use it to remove my eye makeup too. It is a cream, but I spread it all over my face and gently massage it all over and rinse it off when I'm done.

I do a double cleanse when I need to remove makeup. I use the same cleanser and wash the makeup off first and then cleanse again when my skin is free of makeup. I use a gentle cream cleanser so it doesn't irritate at all to do this method. I find that make up removers are more irritating and take more scrubbing.

Due to the creaminess of my cleanser it sort of melts makeup off so I don't need to scrub and I'd advise this over a washcloth which makes my skin sore.

This is great advice. You should ALWAYS double cleanse. Once is not enough, the first time round is to remove the makeup, the second time round is to actually clean the pores/ skin. Toner is NOT for removing last traces of makeup (no matter what the marketing tells you). Toner is to reset the acid mantle of the skin.