Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gbl

Laviv

I'm sure if you've have prior subcisions it wold help, and I'm sure if you had it in between it would help. I believe that one article was saying on the same day, in the same sitting though.

If you find that please post a link here. Thanks.

its been posted twice on this board already.

Okay, that is great. I have no idea where it is. That is why I said if you find it and get the chance please post it here. It would be a great addition to this thread I think.

^ So according to this one would have to get three sessions of subcision first and then the Laviv? Or does it go subcision followed by Laviv followed by subcision etc.?

im pretty sure its subcision to break the scar tissue, then laviv to fill it in. I read a isologen pdf and dr chu said it would take tremendous pressure by laviv if its only by itself. I wonder if dr chu was the one who found that out? if he did hes really something

So would you have to get all the subcisions done first and then the Laviv, or do you get the Laviv done between sessions?

no you'd get subcision to break the scar tissue, then you'd fill the gap with laviv right after. But thats just what i got from that pdf, which i tried looking for but can't, i gotta go to work so i can't look for it. least i think thats what your supposed to do, i could be wrong

I was wondering if that can be done in canda? I looked but could not find anything.

I called the doctor in Vegas and they told me it was 2.500 the cost.. and i asked if that was full face she said yes, s i told her i had one scar and if the price range would change.. she said NO... Kind of stupid.

I reather wait first if anyone wont be lumpy with this.. is to early to be that excited is not because was FDA aproved that wont offer any risk.... i Think still to early.. i don't wanna pay 2.500 us to not know what is going to happen.. is like getting fraxel right when was released thinking you would get amazing resuits... = ilussion

It has been around awhile, it was called isolagen in Europe before, you can look up long threads about it on the boards here, some saw good results, some didn't, it didn't cause any prolonged lumpiness in any cases I'd read, initially you will swell from the injections, but risks are low. You have to remember though it won't be a lot better than other regular fillers, so you could try a hyaluronic acid filler first and see how that goes, if you get good results. If you do laviv could potentially plump in a similar way, but I don't think results will be as long lasting as many hope. I won't do this because of the cost, I just don't think it would be worth it.

It has been around awhile, it was called isolagen in Europe before, you can look up long threads about it on the boards here, some saw good results, some didn't, it didn't cause any prolonged lumpiness in any cases I'd read, initially you will swell from the injections, but risks are low. You have to remember though it won't be a lot better than other regular fillers, so you could try a hyaluronic acid filler first and see how that goes, if you get good results. If you do laviv could potentially plump in a similar way, but I don't think results will be as long lasting as many hope. I won't do this because of the cost, I just don't think it would be worth it.

FYI, I recently saw Dr. Goldman in Boulder for a consultation on correcting my acne scarring. He's on the list of approved doctors on the Laviv website, and he said that he didn't think that Laviv would give me substantial improvement/not worth the cost (I have moderate to severe, although relatively shallow scarring of all types - boxcar, icepick, rolling, etc.).

He recommended multiple treatments (3-5) of combined profractional laser and microlaser peels. I actually asked about Artefill since a PS I had a consultation with before had recommended that (in combo with Fraxel CO2 laser). Although he does a lot of fillers, Dr. Goldman doesn't think the results of any fillers are that good for acne scars, or at least too temporary. He feels like the Profactional is a low risk/good result method for acne scars. However, after reading up lots on laser treatments, I'm not convinced that laser is a route I want to follow right now. There seems to be a risk of a bad result or no improvement. That, combined with the long down time (it would really be hard to be out of the office up to a week during recovery every 6 weeks or so) and high cost make it a pretty tough commitment.

Yes, most doctors push for the latest laser, but it never works.

I had profractional two years go. 3 treatments for $2,000. At the end of the day, even the doctor who performed it couldn't tell any difference. Nada. I was actually excited during the process as I saw some improvement, but it just disappeared very fast (swelling). Just money down the drain. I can't say 100% sure it doesn't work for others, as everyone might respond differently, and I understand the desperation to do something and want to believe it might work, but guys be extra cautious about lasers, as they are very unlikely to work. Don't try it unless you see someone in real life who actually get good results, or you don't really care about the money and the downtime.

Edited by allex

The risks from laser really do bother me, but I know injectons such as artefill have risks too, but they have reformulated artefill now and it is supposed to be safer. I have had various fillers done and artefill didn't cause as much swelling which I appreciated. You shouldn't have it injected if your scars are still inflamed at all, as injections will cause an inflammatory action at first. I had got some perlane injected one time and ended up with a cyst not far from it, because I think there was still too much inflammation under the skin. I am just paranoid lasers would ruin my skin as it is very sensitive. I had one session of V beam done before and it took a long time to see results but eventually I did see some. However the downtime with v beam was pretty bad, I only got a few spots done but they were brighter red and puffy for a long time. Silicone microdroplet just didn't cause enought collagen production in me to get good filling. I could have done more sessions, but am paranoid with using it for problems that could arise.

Needling doesn't help much, but I do believe my self injected saline treatments did help some. At first it would look worse then gradually better. It is so easy and cheap to inject yourself with saline as well.

Won't derail this thread for LaViv anymore, just giving my opinion on all fillers. LaViv is just so expensive right now, I would want more reports of good results on scars before I jumped in.

Edited by tricia

Yeah, back in the mid-90s I got collagen injections (can't remember the brand name) from a dermotologist in Solana Beach, CA. Two syringes of it gave me a really good result, maybe 70-80% improvement in my observation, but the effect lasted only 3-4 months (as advertised). I moved a few times after that and had collagen injections a couple times from other doctors, but they didn't have nearly the same effect as the first. I really believe it was the individual doctor's abilities that made a big difference - however, I can't remember the name of the original dermatologist in Solana Beach (I've done several Google searches but none of the names I find ring a bell - it's very possible he's retired now), otherwise I'd definitely visit him again and would highly recommend him.

To get this back on topic, there are two other doctor's on the Laviv list in my area and I'll probably see one or both for a consultation in the near future (I haven't set up an appointment with either yet because one charges a $100 consultation fee, which seems a little ridiculous, and the other charges a $45 consultation fee and based on the information on the clinic's website I'm not sure I'm interested in other services they're offering). But I'll definitely update with any information on Laviv if and when I get it.

Not to change the topic, but something tells me that micro needling in the hands of a professional may yield some results for scarring.

Edited by Operator

anyone have any news on laviv? i know theres already doctors for folds and if you ask they could perhaps they could do it for scars "off the record" but i'm afraid that if your the first one the doctor hasn't got much experience with scars and won't inject corectly, if that makes sense

anyone have any news on laviv? i know theres already doctors for folds and if you ask they could perhaps they could do it for scars "off the record" but i'm afraid that if your the first one the doctor hasn't got much experience with scars and won't inject corectly, if that makes sense

Yeah, I'm surprised not much has been said this year about Laviv for acne scar treatment yet. I'd really like to know what results anyone has had.