Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gbl

Laviv

Hi -

La Viv has been FDA approved for the US market and is available through select dermatologists. I am going to a Dr. for consultation in NYC.

its being marketed over here more as a natural looking botox alternative for skin rejuvenation. I wonder how much difference it would make on indented scars compared to Recell. It sounds similar to what i had (i had the recell injected into the scar as well as on the surface) - but the process of harvesting the cells takes a lot longer with laviv so the substance injected must be different .

Hi

I had isologen years ago when it was first available in Europe, (before they closed down the uk manufacturing plant and moved state side)

I dound it vey good. I had severe acne and althought not been active on this site in a while I have been a member since '02.

I have had numerous treatments, every laser from , Co2 resurfacing to non-ablative lasers.

Isologen definantly was worth it,

Molly

Molly999, could you tell us more about your isolagen experience? I know it is pretty much the same thing as La Viv just a different name, and I have read mixed reviews from people who had it done. If anyone was offering it near Missouri I might save up for it, but unfortunately it is not too popular yet. How did you make out with all the lasers you have had, which one if any was worth your time? Thanks!

thanks molly for sharing that. did it get rid of any scars, shallow ones? if you can just elaborate a little about what made it worth it that'd be great. after all the treatments that you have had, would you say over time you are happier with the improvements in your skin?

thats good news, you said approved in the uk, does that mean approved for acne scars or just for "smile lines"?

Thank you filler39. There is a doctor within a few miles of me. I will be calling tomorrow for more info. Great link.

Edited by neuroticwaif

it doesn't matter if it is approved for only smile lines. most things are done off label anyway. I'm hoping this in conjunction with subcision/needling will provide better results.

Wait your saying if I see a doctor about my acne scars and ask if he could try laviv he'd do it if it made sense?

Thanks for the info filler39! I may save up and go to the doctor in St. Louis. I wonder if this would interfere with other fillers like silicone? I have a bit in my face that didn't yield great results. This is an expensive procedure, so I would like more people to try this for scars as well. I think I would try this before laser, it seems infinitely safer and would probably yield just as good if not better results.

I propose we start some kind of fund where everyone chips in and pay for someone to go the process and report back with results on daily basis. If 200 people on this forum were to contribute $20, that would bring the total to $4000 and I think that's enough for the procedure. What do guys think?

I propose we start some kind of fund where everyone chips in and pay for someone to go the process and report back with results on daily basis. If 200 people on this forum were to contribute $20, that would bring the total to $4000 and I think that's enough for the procedure. What do guys think?

yeah send the money to me, i'd need a new car though, so you'd have to chip in double that, also i was thinking of a mini cooper? what do you guys think? you only live once right?

if the doctor is offering that service, and thought it'd be in the best interest of the patient,then yes I believe they would try it. I think as long as you break up the scar tissue, it might be able to work. at least that is what people were saying when isolagen was around. if you have the money to try it I'd go ahead. if the money is tight I would wait a while and see reviews of first hand accounts, and then make a decision. No one really knows how much improvement you'll get, and it's not cheap. I'm aiming for trying it by may/june.

well say if i wanted to give it a go, will it be smart to ask over the phone? cause i'm guessing they'd give me the standard answer of "no but come check in the future". or should i just go to there office and ask the doctor? Its just that a doctor thats the closest to me is across the border (i'm in canada and there in the states)

So how does the treatment work?

Does the top layer of skin need to be damaged and then have this solution injected into it?

Or is it injected into scar tissue?

Edited by Zante

It can be injected wherever you want it, just like any other filler. It would give a plumping affect, but if your scars are bound down, you need to have that released first with subcision. I think if you experiment with temporary fillers and like the result you would like the results with this, but it would be more permanent, at least ten years probably.

Looking at the examples, calling it a filler seems way off?

Maybe that's the recommended application but why limit it to something so trivial?

I'm not sure I understand you. It is only used for injection, not topical. It can be injected into acne depressions with the hope it will fill it up, similar to the FDA approved application into wrinkles. However, wrinkles and scars are different, so the results may not be as great. It will rejuvenate your skin. I know my scars are missing collagen so this puts your own fibroblasts back into your skin which over time produces collagen.

so what is the difference between this and recell? I know recell is generally applied on top, but i had it injected in aswell which is why (i think) my indented scar is filling in so well

Does the harvesting process for Laviv produce something different? I know for recell it gets the pigment-making cells and growth factors(sorry not very scientific here!)

I am wondering the same thing about laviv vs recell. I think that laviv is cultured in bovine jelly or something like that and that it takes three months according to the above video to get the laviv back as opposed to the recell which (you know more about this than I do GBL) I think is an "immediate" procedure. So basically I know very little. rolleyes.gif

Edited by neuroticwaif