Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Else Have Problems W/ Nuts?

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/13/2011 1:56 am

Through experimentation, i've pretty much concluded that any nut gives me problems, raw or not. It seems like they should be pretty healthy. It's not the O6, because I just had small amounts.

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 11/13/2011 4:52 am

I had an IgG test, and the results showed I had a few different nut intolerances. The test I had only checked various nuts, but just to be on the safe side I avoid them completely.

MemberMember
(@borie88)

Posted : 11/13/2011 8:50 am

i'm allergic to all of them =/ they're so good!

MemberMember
(@luisa)

Posted : 11/13/2011 11:22 am

I have problems with nuts as well, every single time I have tried eating nuts for a period of time then I end up with more spots and more inflammation. I don't think i'm allergic to it I think it has to do with the ability of them to lower my estrogen levels.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 11/13/2011 12:17 pm

Nuts are a pretty common allergen, especially tree nuts. Also they have high amounts of Omega-6s, with the exception of Macadamia nuts. I'd try macadamias and see how you react to it.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/13/2011 3:32 pm

^ It's probably an allergy then. I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 11/13/2011 4:09 pm

I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.

LOL - Nothing like balancing some rancid immunosuppressive omega 3's with some gut damaging omega 6 - what a recipe for success.

MemberMember
(@borie88)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:20 pm

I take fish oil, so a 1/4 cup or so of walnuts or almonds shouldn't be a big deal in terms of o6.

LOL - Nothing like balancing some rancid immunosuppressive omega 3's with some gut damaging omega 6 - what a recipe for success.

Did you have to be a jerk about your opinion of a bad diet?

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:27 pm

Did you have to be a jerk about your opinion of a bad diet?

Sure bud. Wouldn't you find it funny if someone was at mcdonalds claiming to be on a diet?

MemberMember
(@borie88)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:29 pm

I don't think its the same thing here, chief. You know everything there is to know about everything right?

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:32 pm

I don't see that it's different -- Doing things that are contrary to a desired goal.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:34 pm

well, they obviously are working. W/o fish oil, I break out on my back. They also contain vitamin E to prevent rancidity.

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 11/13/2011 5:43 pm

They are rancid in production. Well you're suppressing your immune system - so sure they will work. Spiro, accutane, and anti-biotics also "work"... Why not just consume some shellfish, and fish - Real whole foods that have a multitude of other benefits for your health.

MemberMember
(@leighbrack2)

Posted : 11/14/2011 9:39 pm

Nuts in general are very hard on the digestion. It is ideal to soak them if you choose to eat them as they contain phytic acid (inhibits absorption of vital nutrients) and enzyme inhibitors. When you soak them in water overnight you remove these inhibitors and reduce the phytic acids so that you can break them down easier. It is probably best though to avoid nuts if you have digestive issues or eat them in moderation as they are hard on the digestion.

MemberMember
(@fakeplasticgirl)

Posted : 11/30/2011 2:00 pm

I never really understood the deal with nuts... I eat almonds and macadamia nuts mostly, and don't seem to have any problems with them. But I always read such contradicting information on them that I'm not sure if I should cut them out altogether?...

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 11/30/2011 2:04 pm

Macadamias are fine (and taste the best of any nut in my opinion.) Almonds are a bit more problematic. Walnuts have an insane amount of omega 6s so I steer clear.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/30/2011 7:10 pm

^ walnuts also have a lot of omega 3s though. For some reason they broke me out though... I've had macadamias before, though I don't remember if they caused any problems and I'm scared to eat more nuts

MemberMember
(@pinkslorg)

Posted : 11/30/2011 8:32 pm

I have problems with almonds, both raw and roasted. I'm too scared to try other nuts too.

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:07 am

If I eat a lot of nuts I will breakout but if I just have a handful, I dont breakout

MemberMember
(@elfgirl)

Posted : 12/01/2011 8:02 am

I do. Any kind of nut breaks me out so bad on my neck I look like I have a terrible case of chicken pox! Doesn't matter what I do, soak or not they destroy my skin. Elf

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:13 pm

^ even macadamias. I searched around a bit and it seems as if most people with nut problems are ok with macadamias. I might try them and see

MemberMember
(@glowing-vegan)

Posted : 12/01/2011 4:14 pm

I used to have problems with almonds...every time I ate them I broke out...a lot. I used to have really bad acne...cystic, whiteheads, and blackheads...the works! You know, those huge nasty pimples that never came to surface (cowards!) and took WEEKS to go away..ugh they are the worst and hurt like crap! After detoxing my body with herbs and whole foods (mainly in raw form) I can eat them with no problem! Yippee. I mainly focused on cleansing my liver and colon.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 12/02/2011 1:22 pm

^ walnuts also have a lot of omega 3s though. For some reason they broke me out though... I've had macadamias before, though I don't remember if they caused any problems and I'm scared to eat more nuts

A lot of ALA, which is pretty useless for the most part.

And it certainly doesn't have enough Omega-3s to counteract the Omega-6s.

Plus some phytic acid thrown into the mix. Non-animal sources of omega-3 are crappy.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 12/02/2011 3:29 pm

Non-animal sources of omega-3 are crappy.

Just let me keep my flax meal pizza. D:

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 12/03/2011 1:22 am

i got some macadamias today and ate about 1 cup worth (which is like 1000) calories. They're pretty tasty, sort of similar to pistachios. I'll see how I react tomorrow.