Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick :)

Just Started Accutane...15, Male! Nervous!

Day 65:

Skin is peeling like crazy. Everywhere. On my chin, in between my eyes, around my nose! It's not dry, because I moisturize, it's just dead skin.

What to do!?

I rub my face VERY gently with a warm washcloth and that helps with the flakes - I do that to my lips too and that helps them from peeling too, but not as much. Just make sure to slather on the lotion after you to this - maybe invest in some jajoba oil. It's been a godsend for me. I mix a few drops in with a pump of Cerave lotion and my skin feels amazing after.

Holy crap. A lot to say.

1) My skin is looking a lot better... a LOT. Everything is just healing fast on my face

2) REALLY dry around my mouth. Really really really

More:

1) Sore ribs. Not painful, but achey sore, like after you work out or something.

2) Slow healing time for things...like my cold, ingrown toenail (which is infected) and a hangnail I had, I just pulled out and now it's infected. Realllly strange--I've never had an infected nail and now I have two!

3) Random--but eyelashes are falling out? 2-3 a day lol STRANGE. But it's not like it looks like I don't have eyelashes or anything.

4) DRY EYES to the MAX.

I will admit that I was having weird emotional/social problems for a while.. I just wasn't me and I kinda always wanted to be alone. But now I'm totally out of it. It's strange. I'm all social again! Idk if it's accutane or what but I'm feeling better smile.png

Oh & no more nosebleeds still!!! Humidifier & vaseline before sleeping is a freaking MIRACLE.

Edited by nick :)

huge improvement. Day 89! Going to the doc to get blood drawn tomorrow!

I'd say I have one "active" pimple right now, and even that one is going away fast !!!

However, I still have a few blackheads. Like 2 coming out compared to 100 before lol.

Sad thing sad.png

My skin is so thin, that when I stood up and somebody was pointing at me, their fingernail scratched the space in between my eyes and now it is SO freaking red and I don't know when/how fast it will heal...it's not deep, but it's like my skin is so thin that it just willingly came off without any fight lol it seriously wouldn't happen to anyone else i SWEAR.

Hopefully it heals fast /:

I am putting vaseline on it and hopefully that will help it not scab over & scar... gahhhh

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?! Anybody get scratched EXTREMELY easily??

(This isn't the only place, it's kinda all over my body, lil tiny scratches)

Update:

Finished month 3 today!! Same dose for month 4: 80mg/day. My doc said I'll be doing 5 months, and he said he is happy with my improvement, as am I!

& Vaseline seems to be working on fading my mark/scar...! (along with ignoring it! :P)

Aww, That's good that your skin is looking pretty good in my opinion !

Thanks!!!!

ALSO:

:( :(

Doc said my liver count is a bit elevated. He wants me to come in in 2 weeks to get my blood drawn again to see if its still elevating!!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! D: please help!

ONE MORE MONTH TO GO!!!

Got my blood drawn today!!! One more month of pills & I'm done, hopefully for life, with my acne!!!

big question: MILIA?!

I have some milia under my right eye. (A little white bump on my lower eyelid!) It's so annoying--especially when I'm completely clear & my red marks are even starting to fade! <3

It's becoming more & more noticeable every day, I think as my skin starts to thin. Do you think it's okay to do this on accutane?!?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6633404_rid-milia-under-eye.html

Soak a tea bag in a mug of very warm water. Squeeze out the excess liquid and apply the bag directly to the milia. The heat will help to remove dead skin cells and can loosen the milia.

Use a mild face scrub to gently exfoliate the under eye area affected by the milia. Gently rub in a circular motion, being careful to avoid getting the scrub into your eyes. Rinse well with warm water. Pat dry.

Apply a thin layer of a salicylic acid based acne cream to the milia to dry out the cysts.

Guest *Spiro*

Your skin is looking amazing!! Congrats on 1 month left of your course!! That's huge :D. I'm jealous I'm just on week 3

OH MY GOD I FINISH ACCUTANE ON MY BIRTHDAY.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Haven't had any cysts in like a month and no pimples for like 2 weeks!! Ahhh!!! biggrin.png

My skin is finally looking normal again!

Red face/flushed face -- went away about a month ago!

2 problems:

1) I have milia under my eye but I think it's actually caused BY accutane because it can make cholesterol levels raise, which can cause milia (only one more month left & then it will go back to normal, so nbd!)

2) RED MARKS--although they don't look as bad as in the pictures of a month ago, they are still there!

I believe these red marks will start to fade the last two weeks on the 5th month, and then continue to fade after treatment?

Should I ask for differin? epiduo? or just exfoliate and be gentle? (I have sensitive skin)

ANY SHARED KNOWLEDGE IS MUCH APPRECIATED <3

(especially about red marks! blah)

PALE COMPLEXION FINALLY COMING BACK!

& HURR CUT

Photoon2012-03-29at1741.jpg

Photoon2012-03-29at17422.jpg

Photoon2012-03-29at1742.jpg

Your skin is looking amazing!! Congrats on 1 month left of your course!! That's huge biggrin.png. I'm jealous I'm just on week 3

Thank you!! :) And stick in there !! Accutane rocks, although it is rough to go through!

Guest *Spiro*

Awesome! On your Birthday! What a present! Clear Skin and you can say goodbye to taking that pill! Your redness did do down a ton! Congratulations!

Make sure you stick around on the board and give us updates on yourself after your finished!

Awesome! On your Birthday! What a present! Clear Skin and you can say goodbye to taking that pill! Your redness did do down a ton! Congratulations!

Make sure you stick around on the board and give us updates on yourself after your finished!

Will do, thanks!! :) :) & i am saying goodbye to a lot more than a pill -- hopefully all the side effects too! (dry eyes, nose, and lips, along with back aches/general acheyness, skin sensitivity and pink skin!)

Eczema-like dry patches on arms today--randomly two or three on each forearm that are pretty red and look like extremely dry skin. I put on Vaseline Hand Cream because it was the strongest stuff I had in the house. It's bringing the redness down and it's moisturizing, so that's good!

Blah. One more month one more month one more month.

hii,

your log is giving me a lot of hope! i'm at day 69 at the moment and my skin is still looking kind of gross, a lot of bumps :/ i really hope by day 89ish (when you seem to be seeing more progress!) my skin looks as good as yours, hehe!

i have EXTREEMLY DRY EYES too. i find using the SEVERE dry eye stuff at night helps -- it's like a neosporin gel stuff that you just squirt into your eye (makes your vision blurry) and you sleep like that. it is highly moisturizing and i no longer wake up with eyes that feel like the sahara, lol

i find vitamin E really helps for red marks, as well as various oils such as rosehip oil, virgin coconut oil, etc -- all have been mentioned on the boards. vitamin C as well (there are different serums on the market), as well as SUNSCREEN of course! also maybe a gentle AHA exfoliant.

Hahaha, thanks!!! Yeah, I'm gonna stick out the dry eyes, given I only have ~12 days left. And thanks for the advice!!

I used Vitamin E cream a couple of days ago... holy cow bad idea (at least for my skin!!). I have like 3 white heads now -- I haven't had zits in weeks! Totally can account it to that--also, I forgot I had a reaction to the SAME cream over the summer... lol I'm so dumb.

It will go away though. !!! Good luck to you! I found that I gradually saw improvement, but month 3/4...holy crap. My face was like, "okay, we'll leave you alone now". C;

Bad thing--got a cyst. But I had it coming. I knew it was coming and I guess it's good it came out now (while still on Accutane) so that it can dry up! It's going through the healing process a LOT faster than normal though.. :)

WOW! Your whole family is beautiful! And your skin looks INCREDIBLE! I hope to have the same results as you did. I hope you enjoy your clear skin, you deserve to have it. Happy belated birthday too!!

Thank you SOOOO much!! :) :) And you probably will, I know people who have had waaay better results than me, and nobody who hasn't had as (good) as me! hehe. thanks :)

I hear everything just keeps getting better after you stop taking it too!!! Ahhhh! thank god for accutane! <3 haha

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I JUST POPPED THE CYST ON ACCIDENT...! Seriously on accident!!!

How do I prevent scarring?

It seems like all the gunk got out but I don't want it to scar! It already looks scarred!! ahhhh!

Totally overreacted.

I let it do it's thing, washed it, and then put vaseline on it. Then again before I went to bed.

Morning--much better :)

After school -- even better.

Put it on again.

Yayayay.

Woohoo vaseline!

**CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: drink a ton of water on accutane!

Well, 3 more pills to go smile.png

1) Skin is so sensitive it's insane!

2) Shaving causes little things, but they go away quickly! Started using sensitive after shave & it seems to be helping.

3) I can not WAIT to exfoliate hahaha it will help so much! The little shaving stuff is happening because I'm not exfoliating too; I'm just so afraid to because I don't want more irritation! Putting on lotion causes a bit of irritation at this point. Just stickin' it out!!

Skin is so fragile. Not red-- but my sister told me I was glowing today! biggrin.png yay! hahah.

Tomorrow, I will take my last accutane pill!!

AYAYYAYAYAYAY

I will post pictures whenever my mac is working again! smile.png

OH -- And NEVER put banana on your face while on accutane. Somebody told me to do that because I was so dry and it burned!!

& the scars/discoloration don't really bother me -- I know they'll go away fast. They are already somewhat fading!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! My milia (white cyst thing -- really tiny) went away! I used a hooot Q-tip twice a day, put it straight on it, and then put a bit of salicylic acid on it! And it just kind came off after a week or two of doing that!

DONE <3 <3

179975_3974036838106_1496123356_33393815_17982876_n.jpg

Mac is down so I can't take straight-up pics for you guys!

I'm on the right!

Skin is pretty much clearrr!!

Red marks are fading fast with AHA acid cream from walgreens!

I'm getting little teeny stuff so I'm using St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea wash (2% salycilic acid) & salycilic acid gel on the little stuff!

It seems to be working! YAYAYAYAY!!! I'm done!!

Dry lips went away after about 6-7 days, not nearly as sore, and complexion/skin is calming down :):)

OMG! Your progress is amazing. :) I'm so excited for you, and it looks like it's really worked out so far! Congrats.

OMG! Your progress is amazing. smile.png I'm so excited for you, and it looks like it's really worked out so far! Congrats.

Thank you sooo much!

I can not tell you how much this decision was worth it. All though it did not come without some scares, I do not regret this in any slightest bit. My skin healed and hopefully will stay healed!! I am so so happy smile.png

Also I really love your signature... hahaha :) you seem totally awesome.

Haha thanks! I'm a total joker. Guess you could say I refuse to grow up. I have acne and braces on my teeth, plus I'm still in grad school. I still get carded at R-rated movies sometimes. Hahaa Whatever!!! I can't believe how good you progress was. I can't WAIT to have clear skin again. Did you use an SPF daily? And if so, which one? Thanks!

I've been following your log since I made the decision to go on Accutane, and you look great!! I also love your positivity and I'm so glad everything worked out wonderfully for you :)

Haha thanks! I'm a total joker. Guess you could say I refuse to grow up. I have acne and braces on my teeth, plus I'm still in grad school. I still get carded at R-rated movies sometimes. Hahaa Whatever!!! I can't believe how good you progress was. I can't WAIT to have clear skin again. Did you use an SPF daily? And if so, which one? Thanks!

Hahahah smile.png my sister is the same way!! and you will get it! I use Aveeno SPF 15 Ultra-Calming moisturizer every morning, and some days I apply it more generously than others! I seriously recommend it. I have sensitive skin to begin with, and for example, when I shaved this morning, my face was so irritated and red! But I put it on and it feels sooo good smile.png And I never got sun burnt on accutane or after using it!

The only real time I went outside was on a cruise, because I tried to avoid the sun. I used SPF 100, and although I looked like a grease monkey, I didn't get a sunburn!

I've been following your log since I made the decision to go on Accutane, and you look great!! I also love your positivity and I'm so glad everything worked out wonderfully for you smile.png

Thank you so so much smile.png I hope it works great for you as well!!!

I haven't had any inflamed pimples since I stopped really, except for one but it was because I touched that part of my face a lot. But now I am not!

I'm getting little bumps here and there, especially on my chin, but it's because I'm not exfoliating rigorously right now because my skin is still sensitive.

I feel like the AHA cream is making my skin more plump and the red marks are fading seriously quite quickly with this cream!! I can NOT recommend it enough for after accutane!!!

It's $7-8 at walgreens, it's a walgreens brand (AHA cream) but it has 5 stars and it has 8% glycolic acid, which won't irritate your post-accutane skin, but pretty much maintains your complexion and clearness! The benefits are: smoother complexion, plumper skin, and gentle exfoliation!! I mean, how perfect is that for post-accutane blotchy, sensitive, and thin skin?!

http://www.walgreens...5822041-product

GET THIS!!! smile.png It's pretty much the benefits of Retin-a, without all of the irritating side effects. I will not put strong chemicals on my face for a while, and this seems to be doing what I want it to!!

Update -- 2 months & 22 days later!

Photoon2012-07-22at14244.jpg

It feels great!!

Still get a few small things!

It's okay though :) no cysts so far!

I use a salicylic acid scrub in the morning before I shave to prevent the ingrown hairs I was getting & it helps!

AHA at night to help smooth out my complexion from the acne marks!!

Other than that -- very gentle cleansers and maybe some salicylic acid targeted treatment on small pimples I get :)

Very very happy!