Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gems2889

Retin A Micro Am And Pm Anyone Tried It Out?

I used retin a micro am and pm when I was 16 years old and it worked wonders I never had an IB it just cleared out whatever pimples I had left over and it was clear skin from there . I was pretty reckless I slather on ram like it was water and never used spf or antibiotic or anything. my skin lighting up big time stop that was mainly why I stop using it and my skin was clear for about a good 4 yrs. I have been thinking why is this?? I know what happens to RAM when its exposed to the sun light but there have been a handful of people who this has worked out for them better than just using it during the evening (including me) . any suggestions? thanks smile.png

Edited by gems2889

Retin A micro is a therapy.....it take up to 12 weeks to see results. You can control the IB by using less than a pea sized amount. Use at night only and do not use with BP. It causes skin sensativity. This is why you don't want to use it during the day. You should always wear an SPF. Trust me, you may not think it worth while when you're young, but you'll appreciate it when you get into your 30's. Additionally, Retin A micro builds collagen, so it's a great anti aging product. I've been using it since I was 14 years old and everyone mistakes me for being 10 years younger than I am. I hate SPF more than anyone, but I grin and bear it everyday. Don't stop the micro. You'll see the benefits way down the road in terms of controlling breakouts and how youthful you'll look. rolleyes.gif

Actually, that is the way my then-doctor instructed I use it! Twice a day right off the cuff. I didn't have an IB either, but my skin was really peely all the time. I only use .04% of RAM, though. If I was using the .1% I would expect much more of a breakout. I think, too, if you are using .1% it would be better to use an antibiotic or anti-inflammatory during the day, just because it is more potent and irritating.