Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Music keeps me sane. My guitar and piano is always there for me smile.png.

What about you?

Edited by HiImMatt

JESUS CHRIST, GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT that is within me,..... I have acne so bad I have tried killing myself and GOD has stopped me or saved me several times....

I like this thread. I could use inspiration for new coping mechanisms.

Actually, this board really does help keep me sane. It's good to know that I'm not alone in suffering this acne. Music's also a big one; everybody from The Smiths to Bon Iver.

It also helps to remember that I have a pretty nice life aside from the acne - supportive parents, caring friends, a comfortable living situation, a bright future, and et cetera.

Ngl, staying away from mirrors has also been a pretty good source of distraction, as has trying to control my diet a little better because then I feel like I have control over at least something in my life.

Finally, TV shows! Chuck, Community, Once Upon A Time... all good stuff to keep my brain occupied lest I start feeling sorry for myself again.

I think most of all I manage to keep going because I know that someday all this shall pass - to remember that since the start of my acne, there's been a general upward trend in terms of improvement. And that when all this is over, I can go to a nice skin rejuvenation center to clear my scarring/red marks and maybe even tweak my original jawline (which I've always hated) a little since I'll definitely need the confidence boost.

Music, movies and my greatest passion, Rugby.

I second that. Rugby was a great way to keep my acne at bay but nowadays in university where the guys are six foot five, have facial hair and drink beer for breakfast, it's hard for a little filipino man like me to compete. To answer your question, what keeps me sane now is starcraft 2, koreans and green tea.

Ngl

I can usually figure these things out when I see the context you put them in, but I'm beyond lost and deep into wtsville.

Not gonna lie. I think. genius.gif

I saw that you pinched "work in progress". Like it. :)

Ballet! Ever since I was a child it has always been my refuge, because it was the first thing I really excelled at and felt that I was good at and believed people when they complimented me. Also, I find it helpful to focus on your body rather than your face - not in a critical or appraising way, but in terms of what it can do for you. I'm thankful for my stamina and flexibility and strength, and ballet makes me appreciate those things.

Also, books, I read constantly.

JESUS CHRIST, GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT that is within me,..... I have acne so bad I have tried killing myself and GOD has stopped me or saved me several times....

Im glad to hear that Jesus and god have helped you smile.png. No one should take there life from acne. I'd like to add god as well to my, what keeps me sane list smile.png.

Edited by HiImMatt

Music, above everything else (glad to see everyone here loves it too ;) ). "Life wouldn't make sense without music" F. Nietzsche

Reading - literature, jornalism, stuff on the web, forums, etc

Movies, humor sketches

Environmental engineering

Hanging out with friends

Dreams (both daytime and nightime)

Music's also a big one; everybody from The Smiths to Bon Iver.

I LOVE The Smiths and Bon Iver.

It's really interesting how everyone is mentioning music, what music do you all listen to?

1. music

2. funny videos

3. something delicious

4. hopes on meds and diet

5. my mom

I forgot to mention my mom! I don't know what I'd do without her.

Music's also a big one; everybody from The Smiths to Bon Iver.

I LOVE The Smiths and Bon Iver.

It's really interesting how everyone is mentioning music, what music do you all listen to?

1. music

2. funny videos

3. something delicious

4. hopes on meds and diet

5. my mom

I forgot to mention my mom! I don't know what I'd do without her.

The Smiths and Bon Iver are my emo time music, heh. More generally, I really like a lot of Canadian indie - Broken Social Scene and basically anything Spencer Krug is a part of, especially Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs (I actually find Wolf Parade a little overrated), and then the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are another old favourite. But I enjoy everything from club-appropriate electronica (reeeeeemixes) to classical music (Rachmaninoff, Saint-Saens) to straight-up pop (Kelly Clarkson) to Pitchfork-approved indie (probably most of what I listen to actually) to R&B and rap like The Weeknd and these days, Frank Ocean. These days I'm obsessed with the new Florence and the Machine and Atlas Sound albums.

tl;dr music is my life yo. How about you?

"I LOVE The Smiths and Bon Iver."

"It's really interesting how everyone is mentioning music, what music do you all listen to?"

I listen to all kinds, from rock, pop punk/rock, punk rock, japanese punk, emo, indie,

Favorites bands,

Relient k

Mayday parade

Blink 182

Ellegarden

Skillet

The click five

Simple plan

Secondhand serenade

asian kung fu generation

Forever the sickest kids

All time low

Jamestown story

artist vs poet

yellowcard

The list goes on...It would take hours to sit here and write all the bands i like LOL.

Edited by HiImMatt

Music here as well, singing relaxes me like nothing else.

Walking, double the effect if in nature.

Various tv-series, comedy and mystery shows mainly.

Being around people, loneliness is by far my worst insanity trigger.

As for what I listen to, I'm just gonna post my top 20 artists on last.fm (although it doesn't make all bands and artists that I like justice):

Rhapsody Of Fire, Gamma Ray, Bad Religion, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Falconer, Finntroll, Edenbridge, NOFX, Axel Rudi Pell, Sabaton, Summoning, Windir, Falkenbach, Bal-Sagoth, Sonata Arctica, Flogging Molly, Månegarm, Running Wild, Edguy