Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daggs

Catch 22: Bp Keeps Me Clear But Gives Me A Red Face

A little bit about the redness: I don't have it at home, only at school and public places. Although it is always red in school, it gets worse when I blush. Which for some reason I do a lot more now.

The red face started a year ago when I was using Retin-A (not sure what percent). I then stopped using it after a few months and switched to 10% BP. This kept me (basically) clear, but I still had a red face, which was one of the reasons I stopped using Retin-A. I put up with it, because, hey, it kept me clear. So recently I switched to Dan's products. I thought since I would be going from 10% BP to 2.5% BP that the redness would subside, but it hasn't. What can I do?

Even today me and some people were talking and I said "Yea she called me ugly." and then some girl said "You're not ugly" and then someone who was listening said "Yea but you do have that redness." And then, of course, I got even MORE red. I can't put up with it much longer. Is there some cure, homemade or otherwise, that will calm the redness down?

Do you have sensitive skin?

I have VERY sensitive skin and Bp f's up my face. I have a lot of facial redness and I don't really think it's rosacea. Salicylic acid is good for redness, I heard.