Notifications
Clear all

Butt Acne- I Found Something That Treats It For Me

MemberMember
(@misslavinia)

Posted : 11/09/2011 12:54 pm

I had had butt acne for almost half my life. It started when i was 10 and now i am 19. During the first years it didnt bother me at all, but as I grew up it made me feel very embarassed and keeping me away from everything that included my butt being seen by anyone (from sex to even going to the beach). But over the last year I got really frustrated about it and decided to take some action.

First I started using some products my pharmacist suggested for body acne (Castallia, they were French and pricey). It worked for about a week (I mean calmed acne down a little) but after that it went back to the start.

Then I tried baby powder. I read someone on the internet that baby powder does the trick if applied to the problem area after shower. Again it calmed it down but not for long (plus my clothes were getting white from all the talc).

I noticed that when I would eat white bread my pimples would flare up so I cut it down, which was really hard, but with minimum results again. I started experimenting with more foods and I saw that a big list of them made it worse: chocolate, bread of any kind (even black), rice, potatoes, pasta, even fresh juices(!!!), eggs, cheese and more. But avoiding all that was too hard and at the end gave me little results amd big cravings for food along with headaches. I followed this diet for 3 months but eventually I gave in since I didnt gain anything after all (except maybe a pretty good weight loss).

I had been experimenting for about 5 months when it crossed my mind that maybe i was constipated and this was the reason that i had it. So, stupid me started using laxatives which didn't help either and actually made me have constipation which I didnt have before. And because laxatives cause dependency i had to stop them and find another way to help it. I switched to Salt Water Flushes which were DISGUSTING but cleared me better than anything at the time. In 2 days with SWF and minimum eating my butt was almost clear. But that couldnt be the solution either cause it was temorary.

I started taking psyllium husks after that, which I must say is one of the healthiest things I did during the past year. It kept acne down (my guess is that it removed toxins) and I was feeling healthier. But acne didnt go away of course. I increased my water intake from 2 lt a day ( I 've always been drinking water) to almost 8 lt a day. That made me pee A LOT but with no big results except that i was freezing in the middle of the summer. I did this for 3 weeks and then I got bored of putting so much effort and not getting what i wanted.

Vitamin C was my next experiment. Started from 1000 mg a day and it really helped my calm down and stop stressing (acne made me very anxious and it got worse since i started my journey for the cure) and for a week it helped acne too. Some days when i was feeling really stressed i would take up to 4 pills (4000 mg) and in my mind it helped me calm down more which could also be a placebo effect.

Sooner or later I had to abandon it too cause it was pricey and not as effective as I'd like. I went back to avoiding certain foods but it helped very little again.

I read something about Head & Shoulders here and thought I'd give it a try. Amazing results within the first 3 days but then my skin got too dry and developed a horrible rash that didnt calm down for a week and still appears when my skin gets too dry.

Then I used a garnier product with Zinc and Salicylic Acid. Just like H&S it worked really well but made my skin too dry and the rash came back stronger.

After being frustrated by not getting any results, I stopped trying things for about a month until I became worried about it again and begun a new diet based remedy. I was pretty convinced that i had Candida overgrowth and leaky gut which i thought made toxins flow around my blood stream and caused butt acne. I followed the Candida Diet for 3 weeks, which is really hard to do since you have to avoid all carbs. Slight results regarding my acne but I had so much energy even though i was eating way to little calories (not on purpose, its just that you can't eat protein all day long to get your calories). After the first week i was gradually getting badly constipated which didnt go away as I was getting deaper into the diet. So I switched to a different type of detox. I did the SWF again for 10 days in a row, I felt lighter, healthier but I was retaining water and I am not really sure If it was safe for my body Acne was getting better and with the use of H&S it was practically vanished for 5 days before the same old rash problems came back again.

I stopped the SWF and the H&S and went with a completely new aproach. Instead of making my skin drier I moisturized it. But not with any random moisturizer. I used OLIVE OIL. (I dont know if any olive oil will do the same work, the one i used is from my parents olives and has no chemicals or anything harmfull, so it was Extra Virgin Olive Oil). What I saw after 3 days was unbelievable! NO NEW PIMPLES, THE ACTIVE ONES FADING! I really thought it wouldnt last long like every other remedy I tried but it has been 3 weeks and my butt is flawless! No pimples, no dryness, the H&S rash going away. After 10 years my butt is perfect again! and it doesn't any acne anymore as long as i keep moisturizing. Let me tell you exactly what i do:

MY REMEDY

1) For the first week i applied a lot of olive olive on my butt area and let it sit there for half an hour before showering. Pimples seem to flare up while you have the olive oil on but its temporary and they calm down after showering. While in the shower I use a bath sponge to rub my skin there until the area is red. I dont use any other soaps or cosmetics on it, just plain water to wash off the olive oil.

2) After the first week I changed my remedy a little and I think this is more convinient since i dont have to wait for 30 minutes butt naked every day with olive oil on. Now i put olive oil in a cup and take it with me when going to shower. I apply olive oil on wet skin and let it there for 5 minutes while i wash my hair. Then I apply a little H&S on my sponge and rub my butt until it is red (2 mins are more than enough). I step out of the shower dry myself really well AND apply a thin layer of Olive Oil on the problem area. I wear my clothes which are NEVER the same clothes I will go out with (you dont want to smell like a salad when with friends, do you?), and leave those clothes for at least 10 minutes on so the olive oil will be absorbed by both my skin and the fabric. Then I go on with my day.

I apply olive oil 3 times a day in total. 1 after shower and 2 when I have 30 seconds to waste on it.

SERIOUSLY NO MORE PIMPLES. And it isnt that hard to follow if you compare it to diets and constant worrying about what to do. I find it really simple and it's really the only thing that completely vanished it for good.

It really worked for me, it is not at all expensive like any cream that might be suggested for acne, and the results are permanent as long as you stay on the remedy. I wanted to post what I thought was helping my acne each time I tried something new, but I was waiting until I had perfect results so my advice would be usefull to others too. This though happened only with EVOO since the results are here to stay and i am proud of sharing what I have found with anyone that might need help.

P.S.: I apologize for my bad English, it is not my first language.

Mowanna75 liked
MemberMember
(@smithypie)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:45 am

I have to say you have had a lot of experience in trying different things, but your remedy didn't work for me. I will keep you posted. So far I have gone to the derm. All I can say is most facial acne products are horrifying for your butt area. What is worse than pimply buttocks skin? The answer is flaky dry buttocks skin AHHHH!! So don't use harsh salicyllic acid and benzoyl on your ass unless you want that result!!

MemberMember
(@bodypartssexy)

Posted : 01/08/2014 12:40 pm

It worked for me!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Throw in some lunges in the gym twice a week and my ass is now perfect!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@acid-like-rabbits)

Posted : 02/20/2014 2:24 pm

people, does this only work for those who have no other acne than the one on their butt? I'm wondering if this thing would work for me or maybe for my enteire body

MemberMember
(@champop)

Posted : 03/05/2014 6:20 pm

What kind of H&S that you used?

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/05/2014 7:41 pm

No such thing as "butt acne" - acne vulgaris NEVER appears on the buttocks (ask any derm) what you have is dermatitis.

MemberMember
(@natii93)

Posted : 07/12/2014 4:37 pm

Can somebody tell me what an H&S is so i can apply it?

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 07/18/2014 5:00 am

Can somebody tell me what an H&S is so i can apply it?

Head & Shoulders shampoo.

MemberMember
(@stefanie86)

Posted : 05/26/2015 2:40 pm

I've been using Hush & Dotti for my face. I'm sure it would work for your behind.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 05/26/2015 11:24 pm

No such thing as "butt acne" - acne vulgaris NEVER appears on the buttocks (ask any derm) what you have is dermatitis.

I wouldn't trust a dermatologist's word. Most give false information, just to drug you up on whatever the pharmacueticle companies and the FDA grants them. Most know less than the kids they prescribe the drugs to.

MemberMember
(@monkkaa)

Posted : 06/30/2015 10:27 am

So what I have noticed works really well for me is using a body scrub with salicylic acid, scrub that stuff on there really really good. Like get angry at ur backside for having those things on there lol. (I use Neutrogena body clear body scrub$8.) Then after getting out of the shower, I use a facial toner (I use neutrogena clear pore oil - eliminating astringent $5) then, I use (bikini zone medicated cream $6) on those areas where I shaved. After all that it's important to moisturize. Most ppl think that is counteracting, but u need to moisturize the hair follicles to prevent further damage or dryness or rashes. (So I use Gold Bond ultimate for rough and bumpy skin, which also treats K $11)

If I stick with this regimen it works quite well, although I get a bit lazy in the winter time lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/10/2015 1:50 pm

The 'butt acne' you speak of is probably a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa, or 'acne-inversa'

Google it and see, but the result may be a bit disheartening.

Good Luck!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2015 2:03 am

I have been using just the olive oil for the past three days and 80% of all my spots is gone! If this continues like this, I'll have perfect bum for the first time in my life! (I'm almost 30) SO SO excited about this! Thank you!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/05/2015 12:48 pm

Hello everybody! Reading this article really helped me to start tackling my butt acne as I've been dealing with it for the past 5 years. I have yet to try to the olive oil method yet but I have started changing my pants every night after a long day of working and my underwear before I sleep. (I have to wear Yoga pants to work which is the WORST for butt acne.) That alone has helped tremendously but what really sealed the deal was my using of a Dead Sea Salt mask! (Pure Body Naturals is the brand, on Amazon) I've been putting it on my rear for 10 minutes once a week and been using a tea tree oil cleanser when bathing. I'm still having the issue of very small, red bumps but it's a far cry from what it was beforehand. The main reason I haven't tried the olive oil is that I HATE standing around butt naked but doing it for 10 minutes, once a week, is bearable. Only downside is that you have to get back in the shower since wiping off mud with a towel and rinsing multiple times is just madness. I hope this works for you!
I do want to say that scrubbing yourself until you are red is NOT how you should be treating your skin. If you have a lot of oil, you should be using an astringent of some sort to pull out it out. Scrubbing that vigorously will only exacerbate the issue, as I'm sure you know, by making the body produce more oil. I'd also be afraid of scrubbing so hard that a pimple will be so inflamed it will leave a scar.
PLEASE be sure that you do not have Boils. (You can tell by squeezing slightly and feeling how deep the clogged pore is.) They are a totally different breed of evil and need to be seen by a Dermatologist. The sooner, the better!
Don't use an acne product on your ass...The pores are totally different and it will just dry out your skin. Who wants a flaky butt?

MemberMember
(@loisee)

Posted : 06/27/2016 12:33 am

Do u think coconut oil will work the same?

MemberMember
(@acneregina)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:19 pm

Do you rinse off the olive oil you leave on for ten minutes or no?

MemberMember
(@shameass)

Posted : 08/25/2016 5:41 pm

Reading about your situation just made me feel a lot better knowing that am not the only one with this condition. And since yours disappear then I no longer feel embarrassed because I now know it can disappear, I have recently started using aloe vera gel fresh from the plan and I hope it helps cause it helps with the acne on my face. I use to use medicated baby powder which only worked for a while and then it was back to the pimples again but if the aloe vera do work I promise to update you guys so u can try it too

Mowanna75 liked
MemberMember
(@mowanna75)

Posted : 09/12/2016 7:17 pm

I tried your remedy and it's been working for me. I don't use a lot, and i keep it on under my clothes after letting the olive oil soak in. It doesn't smell ;) I also use it on my bikini zone after shaving to reduce bumps and ingrown hairs. Thank you so much for posting this. I've had your same issues for a long time. I get it!!

On 04/08/2016 at 4:19 PM, acneregina said:

Do you rinse off the olive oil you leave on for ten minutes or no?

i think it depends on the person. Try different things to see what works for you

MemberMember
(@mimibabie)

Posted : 04/12/2017 1:59 pm

I remember I had severe acne on my buttocks and I had it taken care of with a medication my pediatrician gave me because it ended up being an infection from sitting on public toilet seats when I was little. After the treatment I was getting some mild bumps but they weren't as bad as before but now I've got hem again really badly but I think it may be from the pregnancy. I just want to find a way to get rid of whatever this is because I get like 2 bumps on my armpits too at times and I have bad butt acne scars.

MemberMember
(@jamesr83)

Posted : 10/25/2020 7:37 pm

This didn't work for me but not everything works for everyone

AmLactin is still the number one for me. I've used it over a year now and it literally cleared up my butt pimples, many of which could be classed as painful boils.

A dermo actually told me "butt acne" is not really acne. It's either folliculitis or boils, but hardcore washing and the usual "anti bacterial" approach did F-all for me. Salicylic acid and other things also did nothing.

Retaniod creams or Accutane may help, but I didn't want to take Accutane after suffering its permanent side effects when I was a teenager.

This is me basically a year on.. close up vs whole side of butt/thigh. I have some minor discolouration and scarring but overall I feel pretty damn happy I have a clean and smooth butt after like 15 years of always having bumps there. I used to hide it...

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.36.02 am.png

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 10/28/2020 2:15 am

On 10/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, jamesr83 said:

This didn't work for me but not everything works for everyone

AmLactinis still the number one for me. I've used it over a year now and it literally cleared up my butt pimples, many of which could be classed as painful boils.

A dermo actually told me "butt acne" is not really acne. It's either folliculitis or boils, but hardcorewashing and the usual "anti bacterial" approach did F-all for me. Salicylic acid and other things also did nothing.

Retaniod creams or Accutane may help, but I didn't want to take Accutane after suffering its permanent side effects when I was a teenager.

This is me basically a year on.. close up vs whole side of butt/thigh. I have some minor discolouration and scarring but overall I feel pretty damn happy I have a clean and smooth butt after like 15 years of always having bumps there. I used to hide it...

Blogged about everything i tried here [Edited link out]

AmLactin is also good for Keratosis Pilaris, some pigmentation, and other forms of breakouts.

MemberMember
(@jamesr83)

Posted : 11/01/2020 6:33 pm

On 10/28/2020 at 1:15 PM, Amanda Hall said:

AmLactin is also good for Keratosis Pilaris, some pigmentation, and other forms of breakouts.

Yes! it's been amazing at taking away the scaring as well as smoothing the skin and clearing the bumps. I had a lot of purple scarring that I thought wouldn'tgo away, but it has

MemberMember
(@anonymouss160)

Posted : 09/30/2023 7:48 am

Posted by: @Anonymous

I have been using just the olive oil for the past three days and 80% of all my spots is gone! If this continues like this, I'll have perfect bum for the first time in my life! (I'm almost 30) SO SO excited about this! Thank you!

Hey i know its been awhile.. im 16 and currently struggling with body acne , but the butt acne is annoying me the mostt, its not that bad its iust small little pimples tbh but i am taking care of them with salicylic acid and olive oil at the moment and all that, the thing is that they leave behind the pimple marks , the spots.. did olive oil work for fading those spots for u? idk what to use.. 🙁 im sorry i just dont have anyone to helphopefully youll reply