Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everybody,

after a lot of wasted money in creams, lotions and all other stuffs, I would like to start a treatment with vitamin.

I'm not sure which is the best for my situation(I think I have a mild-moderate acne, it depends ),and since I'm new on this forum, I don't know which is the "common opinion" versus this vitamin. is there anybody who want to share some advice?

for example, it there an initial breakout with vitamin A/B5?After how long did you see any result?

thanks everybody!

yet ,but why this answer when I would like to start a vitamin treatment?

Edited by mushyyy

your best option is accutane..

Accutane is never a good option. I know from personal experience even if it clears you up, it's just not worth it in the end.

Anyway, Vitamin A, but only if it's in a fat-soluble form like retinyl palmitate.

I'm going to say, from personal experience, and common knowledge to go with B5. However, I am in no way promoting vitamin overdoses, which I think are not good for the body anyway. But if you are considering an acne treatment by vitamin I will suggest the B5. The B-vitamins are water soluble, so whatever you don't use gets peed out. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin, so whatever you don't use, gets stored in your body's fat tissues. So yes, after hearing that, it may seem like vitamin A could be a better choice, and a better value. But the problem with fat soluble vitamins is because they are stored in your fat tissues, over-dosing and reaching very, very unhealthy levels is not as hard as you'd think. Yes, you'll find success stories about vitamin-a megadoses and such, but after a simple look into the toxic side effects of too much vitamin A, you would probably reconsider. Vitamin B, being soluble, you could say is impossible to over-dose on. You overdose on it, you may get "the runs", or an upset stomach or something, but nothing too dangerous for your long-term health. Remember - it's just acne ... it will go away one day, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. Take a look into the forums here and learn a little more about vitamin-a dosing and vitamin b5 dosing as well. Send me a message if you have any questions! :)

but I had a mild acne we can say, if I start with 60-75 ui/day of vitamin A, isn't a mega dose, is it?

I bought

Carlson Labs, Vitamin A, 25,000 IU Natural, 250 Soft Gels

I hope it will work!!anyway, I'll post here some updates...

but I had a mild acne we can say, if I start with 60-75 ui/day of vitamin A, isn't a mega dose, is it?

I bought

Carlson Labs, Vitamin A, 25,000 IU Natural, 250 Soft Gels

I hope it will work!!anyway, I'll post here some updates...

Start off with the 25,000 IU. I take 20,000 IU and noticed a change. Start off small and don't dive into the dangerous levels so quickly there.

That was interesting to read, SKguy I didn't know that about B5 vs. Vitamin A (and I take both, shows how responsible I am).

P.S. Your body turns beta-carotene into Vitamin A as well, so if you start off with the 25,000 IU and up your intake of red veggies (sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.) you should notice some improvement.

hi everybody,

after a lot of wasted money in creams, lotions and all other stuffs, I would like to start a treatment with vitamin.

I'm not sure which is the best for my situation(I think I have a mild-moderate acne, it depends ),and since I'm new on this forum, I don't know which is the "common opinion" versus this vitamin. is there anybody who want to share some advice?

for example, it there an initial breakout with vitamin A/B5?After how long did you see any result?

thanks everybody!

mushyyy, I would recommend to you to go and test your vitamin levels, there are more vitamins than just A and B5 that could be reasons for acne, like Vitamin E, Vitamin D3, B Vitamins, Zinc...Having a deficiency in any of these can cause acne.