Notifications
Clear all

Wai Diet Thread

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/07/2011 5:20 pm

Hi everyone!

I created this thread so that you can post your experiences with Wai Diet.

There is a pinned thread for Paleo Diet, so I'd like to ask moderators to pin this thread too, please!

I've been on Wai Diet for 9 months and I've been 99 to 100% clean since week 3. Before, I had moderate acne, with lots of inflammation. I used to have between 20 and 40 pimples, full of pus, spread all over my face. Notice that I burned my whole face and frontal neck 2 years ago (I'm 20 btw), with fire - a 2nd degree burn. You can notice my facial skin, which is all of it scar tissue, is still kinda thin and grainy, but very smooth, non-irritated and clear.

Here are some photos of my face I took yesterday. I had some "before" photos in another cellphone but they got accidentally deleted ;(

Wai Dieters, show yourselves! Others, feel free to comment too! tongue.png

post-159309-0-09674100-1320704186_thumb.

post-159309-0-68619700-1320704246_thumb.

post-159309-0-19701300-1320704273_thumb.

post-159309-0-09674100-1320704186_thumb.

post-159309-0-68619700-1320704246_thumb.

post-159309-0-19701300-1320704273_thumb.

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 11/07/2011 5:33 pm

Congratulations. Being strict Paleo, I understand the hardship of following any diet, especially the Wai diet, and especially since February.

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 11/07/2011 8:35 pm

I just started the same diet with MASSIVE improvements .. I was on the candida diet and got very ill so I decided to fast and go mostly raw. I will post about my adventure soon! Congrats!! If I may ask what do you eat or not eat concerning the raw foods. Also is there any nuts or raw foods that set you off? Do you soak your nuts? Have you tried to have cocoa powder or beans? Your skin looks great btw :)

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/08/2011 3:15 pm

Congratulations. Being strict Paleo, I understand the hardship of following any diet, especially the Wai diet, and especially since February.

Thanks! It was hard, during the first 3 months or something, but after that it became completely natural! It just makes all the sense to me. I really don't feel any difficulty in keeping it. Hard for me would be having to eat cooked foods, now!

I just started the same diet with MASSIVE improvements .. I was on the candida diet and got very ill so I decided to fast and go mostly raw. I will post about my adventure soon! Congrats!! If I may ask what do you eat or not eat concerning the raw foods. Also is there any nuts or raw foods that set you off? Do you soak your nuts? Have you tried to have cocoa powder or beans? Your skin looks great btw smile.png

Glad to ear about your improvements!

I eat everything that's raw, except raw milk/dairy and raw vegetables. I eat mostly fruit of the season, of my country, and the cheapest I can get because I eat a lot, like 8kg/day. Eat lots of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil. I eat lots of free-range eggs (only eat the yolk), frozen organic meat and fresh wild fish. Raw foods that set me off... almost all hehe, specially avocados and raw organic beef, those are taste explosions for me. I don't eat nuts because they are a bit heavy for my stomach, and they give me a few pimples. I never soaked my nuts, that's an indian contraceptive method I think... ahah just joking! tongue.png I never did, but that shouldn't be bad I guess. Never tried cocoa powder or beans. They're not part of the Wai Diet, cause they have toxins and can't be eaten raw! Did you ever tried those raw?

About my skin, thanks! I hope it still gets better and thicker with years.

Looking forward to see your adventure's results wink.png

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 11/08/2011 10:27 pm

I guess im not so much on the Wai diet as I am the 'raw food diet'.. Every morning I have been having various veggies (but in the form of juice) I bought a champion juicer to juice them and have been having great results. I also have been eating a lot of fruits through the day. The past two days I have had salmon/avocado/seaweed sushi rolls dipped in seasalt and ginger. I have been having great results. The only thing that I think has set me off at all is an orange. But im not even sure if it did because it was so minor. I have been eating about 3 avocados a day and they dont seem to bother me. The raw green drink in the morning I think has been helping the most. Have you thought about investing in a juicer so you could get the vitamins/minerals from veggies w/o killing the digestive system? No I havnt tried the beans or cocoa powder yet. I have some almonds soaking right now. Im letting them soak for 48 hours to ensure they are easy on my digestive system. I'll let you know how that works out and if they set me off or not. Still havnt tried eating raw eggs. I dont think I will eat any other meat besides fish because chicken and beef just seem odd to eat raw.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/09/2011 7:12 am

I guess im not so much on the Wai diet as I am the 'raw food diet'.. Every morning I have been having various veggies (but in the form of juice) I bought a champion juicer to juice them and have been having great results. I also have been eating a lot of fruits through the day. The past two days I have had salmon/avocado/seaweed sushi rolls dipped in seasalt and ginger. I have been having great results. The only thing that I think has set me off at all is an orange. But im not even sure if it did because it was so minor. I have been eating about 3 avocados a day and they dont seem to bother me. The raw green drink in the morning I think has been helping the most. Have you thought about investing in a juicer so you could get the vitamins/minerals from veggies w/o killing the digestive system? No I havnt tried the beans or cocoa powder yet. I have some almonds soaking right now. Im letting them soak for 48 hours to ensure they are easy on my digestive system. I'll let you know how that works out and if they set me off or not. Still havnt tried eating raw eggs. I dont think I will eat any other meat besides fish because chicken and beef just seem odd to eat raw.

Sorry, I didn't understand well what you meant by setting off! In that case, nothing from the Wai Diet really sets me off. Nuts give me a few tiny zits, nothing more.

Salts and spices (ginger) are in my experience, and I think there are some scientific studies on this, the worst thing minding acne and skin! You should avoid them at all cost if you wanna be clear and have good skin complexion.

Yes, I got a centrifugal juicer and I've been eating all juices, oils, egg yolks, avocados and beef the last few weeks.

Today I'm waiting for my ordered masticating juicer, which I think will make juices of even more quality and taste!

Yes, juices are always easier to digest than whole foods, but they won't make consumption of vegetables healthy, in my opinion. They will probably make their digestion easier, yes, but you'll still be getting most of the anti-nutrients and enzymes that we were not built to process.

About almonds, did you buy them in shell? Only unshelled nuts are really raw! Shelled nuts are always heated, in their industrial process, in order to break their shells. Would like to know how did you do with soaked almonds then!

Never eat raw chicken. It has very high chances of being contaminated. The only meat I'm sure it's safe to eat raw is beef, and you still must be careful.. be sure it's very fresh (even if frozen), unspoiled, rather organic, and non-irradiated (most meat is irradiated, and that's not really raw). Make sure also it hasn't been treated with sulfur to keep it's red colour, etc... best thing is buying organic, really. Fish is less complicated wink.png Just don't eat cod and haddock, and most white fish, for the parasites, and choose very fresh fish (even if frozen).

MemberMember
(@goneundone)

Posted : 11/09/2011 8:35 pm

HI. I started the Wai Diet a couple weeks ago but found it very difficult to maintain, especially because I went out of town on vacation. My career consists of attending many banquet dinners and going to lunches.. and not being able to order a salad or the steamed vegetables without feeling like i'm failing makes it very difficult. Today, I ate Wai except for dinner I made steamed sweet potato, zucchini and celery soup, blended. I know Wai is the healthiest, and I'm working on it. I also gave up on washing with just water and i'm trying facial products again. I figure if I use products that help keep my pores open.. in conjunction with diet...it will work. I feel like I have to wear makeup to hide my acne.. so i need a make-up remover. :( I feel pretty much helpless, and it's really hard to stay on the diet without feeling like a social outcast.. but i guess being a social outcast for diet is better than being a social outcast for acne...

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/10/2011 1:23 pm

I feel pretty much helpless, and it's really hard to stay on the diet without feeling like a social outcast.. but i guess being a social outcast for diet is better than being a social outcast for acne...

I completely understand... my first times were a bit like that to. But with time people get used to and start seeing it normally. And if anyone stops talking to you or won't ever talk to you cause of your diet, I doubt that's someone worth talking to. The same thing for acne.

This diet is about big changes. You gotta be ready for big changes in your life if you wanna do it 100%, for a long period of time, or even forever, like I plan to do it. Or you can do it just for 2 weeks, until you get clear, and then start adding one non-Wai food at a time, to see what non-Wai foods you can eat without ever causing you acne, and what non-Wai foods can actually cause you acne.

It's easy to eat Wai in most restaurants... just order a tomato-cucumber salad seasoned only with olive oil and cider vinegar, and fruit. Don't expect to eat a "full" meal like this, but in Wai diet you don't eat "full" meals, you just eat a little bit a once.

It's up to other people to be tolerant with your choices, as long as your choices don't disrespect others. A bit of personality is needed in these cases wink.png

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 11/11/2011 3:29 am

I have been eating sea salt and a ton of ginger tea/juice and it doesn't seem to be effecting my skin. I actually feel like the ginger has been helping me a lot. Where are you getting the information from about the veggies we cant digest? I have been reading a ton of info on the health benefits of juicing veggies. I also feel really great after drinking my green drink every morning but I don't no the full effects because iv only been doing it for about a week. I bought raw almonds that were not in the shell I ate about 10-20 of them today and so far so good! But I made sure to soak and sprout them. Thanks for the info on fish. I have been enjoying salmon and tuna for the past couple days!! If my chin becomes active I will go on pure wai diet and then add back in certain things. But for now everything I have added in I have had great results with (lettuce, beets, carrots, ginger, sea salt, salmon, tuna, avocado, parsley, kale, cilantro, lemon, lime, grapes, pineapple, papaya, pears, apples, kiwi, blackberries, raw soaked almonds, seaweed, peaches, cabbage, collard greens, green pepper, a ton of other green veggies but I forget all the names.) I don't think im going to eat chicken or beef raw or cooked. It just doesn't appeal to me after I did the candida diet for so long.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/11/2011 12:37 pm

I have been eating sea salt and a ton of ginger tea/juice and it doesn't seem to be effecting my skin. ... But for now everything I have added in I have had great results with

It varies a lot from person to person what skin can take up and what it can't. Lucky you, that your skin can tolerate all those foods! :P

Where are you getting the information from about the veggies we cant digest?

Here: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/vgb.html

MemberMember
(@iamthat)

Posted : 11/11/2011 9:53 pm

Thx for the info!!

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 11/17/2011 1:51 am

Raw meat sounds so scary to eat, what if you only eat raw egg yolks in this diet....?

So you don't think vegetables are healthy at all? And you mostly eat olive oil and avacado right? This diet is really confusing but so many people are clear from it. I want to do it too but are there bad longterm affects? Like, do you know anybody who has been doing this diet for a long time, or a civilization that lives with this diet?

sorry for all the questions.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/17/2011 7:01 am

Raw meat sounds so scary to eat, what if you only eat raw egg yolks in this diet....?

Perfectly fine. Lots of people on this diet only eat them as animal food. They are probably the most nutritious food btw.

So you don't think vegetables are healthy at all? And you mostly eat olive oil and avacado right? This diet is really confusing but so many people are clear from it. I want to do it too but are there bad longterm affects? Like, do you know anybody who has been doing this diet for a long time, or a civilization that lives with this diet?

Veggies are imo less harmful than cooked foods, diary and spices, but they are still bad, and absolutely dispensable. Just read the link I just posted here about it.

I don't eat mostly avocado and olive oil. I can rarely get good quality avocados, in fact. Olive oil, I eat like 60g a day.

This diet is confusing yeah, because it's a breakthrough paradigm. Lots of people are clear from it, because it works biggrin.png

Longterm effects? I guess there are none. Only if you eat spoiled food, day, after day, after day... This can lead to auto-immune diseases. But this can happen on a normal diet too (ham, cheese, and other processed foods tend to get loaded of bacteria and molds I guess). You just gotta make sure you always eat very fresh food. On fruits this is easy to notice (as long as their aren't visibly damaged, they are 100% fresh), but on animal food might be a little harder. You gotta buy safe fish species (all that are used in sashimi), get your fish from a reliable seller, check freshness (eye, gilles, etc)... For eggs, just do the bowel test and buy organic/free-range.

As long as you be this minimally careful, the risk is none, imo.

The creator of this diet has been on it for 15 years I guess. No side effects at all. Some other people in the forum have been on it for 5-10years.

Civilization on this diet... well, almost: all humans that lived before agriculture and civilization! The only difference is that they ate vegetables because food was always scarce, so they had to eat what they could find, in order to survive. But if they had abundance, I think they'd definitely focus on fruits. And they didn't eat oils, because they hadn't invented machines that could make lots of pressure and extract the oil, and Wai Dieters eat, since this process is completely harmless to the food's molecules (so is juicing fruit, drying fruit, etc).

sorry for all the questions.

Np. I'm here to answer them!

MemberMember
(@beaksauce)

Posted : 11/22/2011 10:11 pm

Hi,

I have read your posts before and I was always wondering,

1) Do you ever plan on adding foods back to the Wei diet? Do you think that you have the ability to digest them now that you have had time to heal/renew with all the fruit and healthy oils you have been consuming?

2) Or do you think that ppl with acne are the unfortunate ones that will never be able to digest junkier foods? Cause we all know ppl who do eat junk food and have beautiful skin. I always assumed I had acne because my digestive system was somehow messed up, but maybe that one day I could fix it and eat a hybrid diet maybe ( Maybe a Wei diet plus cooked chicken and rice and veggies.... )

What do you think?

Beaksauce

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/24/2011 6:01 pm

Hey Beaksauce

1) Do you ever plan on adding foods back to the Wei diet?

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 11/24/2011 7:35 pm

market moisturizers destroy your skin long term, really?

I guess this goes for self tanners and make up too...I wouldnt wear makeup if i didnt have this bad skin.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/25/2011 8:45 am

I guess this goes for self tanners and make up too...I wouldnt wear makeup if i didnt have this bad skin.

Yes, because they contain chemicals with high water-attracting properties, which make your outer skin retain more water. However, these chemicals end up on the true skin, and will continue to attract water from the surroundings (outer skin), causing dehydration of the outer skin, and therefore premature aging.

Not to mention that nowadays most moisturizers contain vit E, that is really not beneficial. Yes, it will make your skin look younger in short-term, by speeding up cell renewal process. But in long term, due to this speeding up, your skin will age prematurely.

Not to mention the huge chemical cocktail that all these products are made of, that will mostly irritate the sensitive skins, and still spoil the less sensitive ones.

Yes, self-tanners, toners, exfoliators, all skin products than contain a huge number of ingredients, all do the same.

About make-up, yes it spoils your skin too, but the creator of this diet says you can wear it whenever this little skin damage is worthwhile (little because it's one day, day after day after day wouldn't be that little).

But in my opinion, I think it just sucks. I prefer girls without make-up, they look much better to me. I could have used make up too, tough I'm a boy, since my skin doesn't really look normal due to the burn injury (as you can see in the photos), but I don't really care. We don't all gotta have perfect, poreless, redless, blemishless skin. You are who you are. And if you just lay down all the bad stuff (bad foods, alcohol/cigarettes/medicines(unless really needed)/drugs, commercial skin products, tap water on face) you will have much better skin complexion in a matter of weeks/months - I speak for myself. Patience is really worth the effort, in this matter wink.png

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 11/25/2011 9:53 pm

Yes, because they contain chemicals with high water-attracting properties, which make your outer skin retain more water. However, these chemicals end up on the true skin, and will continue to attract water from the surroundings (outer skin), causing dehydration of the outer skin, and therefore premature aging.

Not to mention that nowadays most moisturizers contain vit E, that is really not beneficial. Yes, it will make your skin look younger in short-term, by speeding up cell renewal process. But in long term, due to this speeding up, your skin will age prematurely.

Not to mention the huge chemical cocktail that all these products are made of, that will mostly irritate the sensitive skins, and still spoil the less sensitive ones.

Yes, self-tanners, toners, exfoliators, all skin products than contain a huge number of ingredients, all do the same.

About make-up, yes it spoils your skin too, but the creator of this diet says you can wear it whenever this little skin damage is worthwhile (little because it's one day, day after day after day wouldn't be that little).

But in my opinion, I think it just sucks. I prefer girls without make-up, they look much better to me. I could have used make up too, tough I'm a boy, since my skin doesn't really look normal due to the burn injury (as you can see in the photos), but I don't really care. We don't all gotta have perfect, poreless, redless, blemishless skin. You are who you are. And if you just lay down all the bad stuff (bad foods, alcohol/cigarettes/medicines(unless really needed)/drugs, commercial skin products, tap water on face) you will have much better skin complexion in a matter of weeks/months - I speak for myself. Patience is really worth the effort, in this matter wink.png

yes i agree that girls do look better w/o makeup, that's why i never wear eye makeup and only put a small amount of foundation because foundation can make your skin look really cakey and make the texture of your skin look worse.

I am really thinking about doing the wai diet, it seems alot easier than the raw vegan diet b/c you get to eat fish and a lot of fat and don't have to eat vegetables.

But I still have to read more about this diet so I can do it perfectly. But it kinda seems like a hoax because it's a very new diet, is there any scientific evidence that backs it up? Obviously it will clear acne but, stilll why do you need to eat fat after you eat fruit?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/26/2011 9:44 am

I am really thinking about doing the wai diet, it seems alot easier than the raw vegan diet b/c you get to eat fish and a lot of fat and don't have to eat vegetables.

Yeah, everything in this diet tastes really good :)

But I still have to read more about this diet so I can do it perfectly. But it kinda seems like a hoax because it's a very new diet

Yes, I thought about that too, when I started. But know I'm pretty sure it's not true.

It's not completely new actually, it's been around for like 10 years. But all raw food diets are new anyway.

Sometimes I wonder why it's not more popular (and also for other raw diets), and I think:

1.) Because cooked foods are physically addictive (free acne book) and people would have a hard time laying them off (everyone who's on this diet had).

2.) Ever thought if people started eating only fruits/nuts/oils and 100g of animal food a day? Ever thought about the "market changes" it would provoke?

is there any scientific evidence that backs it up?

Yes, it's a book that's available free on the internet called Free Acne Book (I can't put the link here, just google it).

It's the theory book of this diet. The theory is all biochemistry-based, all with references from published scientific studies.

Obviously it will clear acne but, stilll why do you need to eat fat after you eat fruit?

Because fat stabilizes blood glucose levels. And blood glucose levels' spikes (fruit is high in sugar and very low in fat) can cause acne.

Ofc you wouldn't need to do this if you'd eat like a bite of fruit every 10 mins (like monkeys do - and you don't see them eating fats with fruit!) but that would sure be unpractical these days.

Fat is also essential for the good function of the body.

MemberMember
(@livelaughfart)

Posted : 11/30/2011 2:29 am

I recently read that the creator of this diet has been lying about his identity.. it really turned me off to this diet.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/30/2011 3:26 pm

I recently read that the creator of this diet has been lying about his identity.. it really turned me off to this diet.

I have to opinion about that because I never read it from a reliable source.

MemberMember
(@beaksauce)

Posted : 12/01/2011 11:59 pm

Hi, I am trying this diet right now.... and i have to ask you a few questions

1) For the 1st few days, did all of your acne come to a head all at the same time? For me it is overwhelming and kind of depressing. I feel like an ogre.

2) When does this initial explosion heal up?

* I know you are probably going to ask if i am doing the diet correctly. I am on day 4. I only eat fruit, extra virgin olive oil, and egg yolks so far.

I am definitely eating enough calories ( I have calcuated it).

I eat the fruit with avocado and orange juice with olive oil ( to make sure the sugars are digested slowly - not high GI)

I eat the egg yolks by themselves (4 or 5) - I was already eating egg yolks and was therefore used to them. and I wait at least 2 hours before doing anything physical after the egg yolks.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/02/2011 6:47 pm

Hi, I am trying this diet right now.... and i have to ask you a few questions

1) For the 1st few days, did all of your acne come to a head all at the same time? For me it is overwhelming and kind of depressing. I feel like an ogre.

2) When does this initial explosion heal up?

* I know you are probably going to ask if i am doing the diet correctly. I am on day 4. I only eat fruit, extra virgin olive oil, and egg yolks so far.

I am definitely eating enough calories ( I have calcuated it).

I eat the fruit with avocado and orange juice with olive oil ( to make sure the sugars are digested slowly - not high GI)

I eat the egg yolks by themselves (4 or 5) - I was already eating egg yolks and was therefore used to them. and I wait at least 2 hours before doing anything physical after the egg yolks.

1) Yes, that happens to everyone who starts this diet. It's the sebum of the clogged canals coming up. You just gotta go through it... shouldn't be that hard, since in a few more days you'll be very, very clear... so a few days of ogre-like acne should compensate for that smile.png

2)You're in day 4... I guess more 6-10 days and it should heal 100%.

Ok, seems to me that you're doing everything right!

Just be patient again.. what's a few days of pimples compared to months/years, anyway? ;)

Just a question: do you like egg yolks alone?

You can add white sugar to them.

Or you can also mix them in fruit juices (can't use blenders, they heat up protein). Egg yolks are also a fat source, have 28% fat. You can still add olive oil, too.

The only thing you shouldn't eat after animal foods is fibrous foods. You can eat juices and oils (and white sugar), which are very low fiber.

MemberMember
(@scootah)

Posted : 12/03/2011 5:48 pm

Do you eat egg yolk with or without sac?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/03/2011 8:29 pm

Do you eat egg yolk with or without sac?

Without.