Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gems2889

Hello Flawless Spf15 From Benefit Anyone?

I just bought this powder foundation from benefit it has spf 15 in it. I exchanged bm for this one bc bm matte made my face look shiny n it did an ok job covering. my pores looked larged to. has anyone used flawless? I am not that in love with it bc I couldnt find a good color to match it was either to orange or to pale. I have it in champagne. I havent found a good foundation that wont break me out. thanks

Yikes! Have you looked at the ingredient listing for hello flawless? It is simply clever marketing and adorable packaging other than that it is loaded with chemicals and fillers. Then ingredient listing is..........octinoxate 5.94%, titanium dioxide 1.70%, oxybenzone 2%. OTHERS: triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene, talc, lauroyl lysine, phenoxyethanol, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, aluminum dimyrisate, bht, disodium stearoyl glutamate, sodium dehydroacetate, methicone, polymethyl methacrylate, isononyl isononanoate, alumina. ( /- bismuth oxychloride, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxides.

There are several major ingredients in here that are known to cause breakouts.......1)Lauroyl lysine- derived from coconut oil many people have issues with this ingredient causing breakouts. 2)methicone a silicone based occlusive- traps dirt and toxins under the skin and does not let the skin detox, raising the likeliness of breakouts. 3)silica- although a natural ingredient, many people with acne are very sensitive to silica and can breakout major from it due to its small particle size.

I personally would suggest mineral makeup with a very short ingredient list. No dimethicone/silcones, chemical laundry list and preservatives. The brand I use only has 5 ingredients that are easy to understand minerals. I have stopped breaking out from cosmetics due to switching. Always read your cosmetic labels, as many people suffer from chemical induced acne from mainstream cosmetics, if you take the chemicals and fillers out of the equation many people may see their skin clear quite a bit simply from stopping certain cosmetics.

I use foundation from faerie organic (they have $5 sampler kits). It only has 5 ingredients so the odds of allergy or irritation to it is extremely low, this is why I am a big fan of mineral makeup in general. It covers very well, yet reduces the likeliness that you would breakout from it due to the lack of fillers and chemicals. The only other advice I would give is make sure you are using a good skin care regimen that is chemical/synthetic free or the minerals may not apply right, as some people have dry/oily scabby spots which can turn them off of minerals but if you get your skin properly balanced it is the most natural, feeling and looking product you can get your hands on.

does faerie organic cover PIH well ??? Im still using the flawless make up but I don't have any Other option I HATE MY SKIN WITHOUT MAKEUP. if I order only its going to take awhile.

Sorry whats PIH?

Well then use what you have and order some samples, they ship pretty quick. Im not sure what PIH is, but the foundations cover pretty much the most sever cases of acne. My sister had cystic acne and it really covered everything but it also helped her skin too.

pigmantion lol sorry for sp I am on my cell phone. I have red marks from post acne marks. hmm I wish I could go bare :(

Edited by gems2889

I used to work for Benefit. It's a fun and trendy line, great for normal skin. This is NOT a line for those who suffer from ACNE! I can attest to this as I broke out anytime I wore their foundation products. I could not wear the foundation, which made selling it to acne suffers morally impossible. Their eye products are great and a lot of fun and I still use those. Hope this helps. The only foundation I have found to be best has been bare minerals. The key is to wash and dry your makeup brush FREQUENTLY. This will wear the brush out faster, but in my opinion, clear skin is worth it.

Hope this helps.

thanks :) Yeah I returned it I was using cover fx mineral powered but i don't know I think that broke me out to :(. Either that or its because I am still purging from retin a. I am using a free sample of everyday minerals and its ok but It tends to be patchy! I just have to learn how to properly apply it bc my skin is very oily on my tzone.

I used to work for Benefit. It's a fun and trendy line, great for normal skin. This is NOT a line for those who suffer from ACNE! I can attest to this as I broke out anytime I wore their foundation products. I could not wear the foundation, which made selling it to acne suffers morally impossible. Their eye products are great and a lot of fun and I still use those. Hope this helps. The only foundation I have found to be best has been bare minerals. The key is to wash and dry your makeup brush FREQUENTLY. This will wear the brush out faster, but in my opinion, clear skin is worth it.

Hope this helps.

Shit. Playstick is my favorite foundation.

i actually had to return the hello flawless, it just didn't do anything for me, but accentuate dry patches on my skin (around my nose)..

what I would recommend is Jane Iredale mineral pressed powder.. i used that in golden glow and absolutely love it! the only reason why i don't want to use it so much, is because it's so pricey (i purchased it at a discount price at IMATS) so i'm currently trying to look for something cheaper in the meantime..

have you tried bare minerals? i used their matte version and it worked quite well, I just don't like loose powders :P