Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on epiduo and it's doing great for my inflamed acne but I still have a lot of clogged pores, and I've read that retinoids can leave dead skin on the face. So I was wondering if it's okay to use the Clairsonic in the morning and epiduo at night? it seems like the most gentle means of exfoliation to me.

Edited by 95tomwest

The Clarisonic made me break out,only because I used it every night and day. I'm on Epiduo as well. I would say,try it out in the morning 1-2 times a week and build up if you feel your skin can take it. Some people have an initial breakout from the Clarisonic because it's clearing the pores out. So ease into it...hope that helps!

i just got the clarisonic mia and i love it. best thing i ever did for my skin for sure! i use mine with my olay regenerist cleanser and i have the deep pore cleansing brush head. i wish i would have got this a while ago.

I've been using my Clarisonic Mia for almost three months and I really really wanted to love this product. My skin feels lovely after I use it. But I must say that it has made my acne worse-much worse. I use a very gentle cleanser (Isagenix) and then Mi Fine skin Cleanser-both my tried and true-never break me out cleansers, and I still have brutal skin. I used it twice a day, every day for the first month. What I thought was an initial purge didn't clear so I went to once a day for 5 weeks. Still bad. Now I use it every two or three days and my acne is still bad! It's also changed the type of acne I'm getting. I used to just have some gravel-like bumps on my cheeks and monthly hormonal spots on my chin and jawline. Now my whole jaw and chin is covered with red swollen cysts all the time. My nose is covered in whiteheads every morning too and I'm thoroughly depressed. It's too late to return.

I just want some people out there to know that there is a possibility that the clarisonic may aggrevate some types of acne and if it will be a financial hardship to purchase it-don't do it!