Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blondie28

Swelling Acne. Need Advice!

Ok I have never had this happen before and am clueless as to what will help. I had a pimple that was on the top of my cheekbone close to my eye on Monday. I kept putting epiduo on it and ice and eventually it came to head and I popped it without any trouble. Two days later it was basically flat and just super dry. The skin was like flaking last night so I peeled off the dry skin scab thing. I always do this and haven't had much of an issue. I applied ice to it just in case it reacted to it. About an hour later it started swelling beyond belief so I kept icing it. Today I woke up and it's still swollen quite a bit. This thing is by no means coverable with makeup and the worst part is that it's right by my eye where everyone will be looking. Ugh! Anyone ever had this happen before and know what I should do to help it go away ASAP? Not sure if I should put epiduo on it because I don't think it's an actual pimple anymore since I popped it days ago or if I should put something like hydrocortizone on it to reduce the swelling. Please let me know what u think!

I used to get acne that used to swell up and was extremely painful. I think it might be a boil or a cyst, thats what it sounds like to me. I used to use a face cloth and do hot compresses every day and this helped alot.

Good luck.

Sounds like it's infected. The best thing to do is to leave it alone. Don't touch it, don't put makeup on it. I know it sucks to not cover it up but that thing sounds infected and doing stuff will just irritate it more. This is exactly why you aren't supposed to pop pimples, they are much more likely to get infected.

Thanks for the advice. I kept putting ice on it then I put hydrocortizone on it and took an ibprofen and fell asleel The swelling went down a lot! It's now just a dry scab again. Hopefully it won't get swollen again.