Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CottonCandi

Why Does My Face Skin Peel Off In The Bath But Not Shower?

So for the past couple days I have been taking baths instead of showers, mostly just to relax, and I have noticed that while I'm in the bath if I rub my face, it RUBS OFF......it's dead skin of course, but it sure as hell doesn't RUB OFF in the shower. I look at my hand and there's little white rollies on it. Ew.

Why does this happen only in the bath and is this beneficial or bad?

Edited by CottonCandi

Your skin is literally soaking in water rather than water running off of it. It just means you probably haven't exfoliated lately, so the dead skin cells soften and roll off.

I use a scrub almost every day, guess it's not working.

Wow, hmmm! What scrub? Either that or you just produce a lot of cells. smile.png

Acnedote scrub by Alba Botanica.

I don't know, even after I use the scrub and moisturize with a moisturizer and jojoba oil some areas of my skin still feel dry :\

That is bizarre! Though I know what you're talking about, I get the same weird white rollies when I rub my face in the shower. Have you tried AHA+? It's majorly awesome in exfoliating.. I'm not a big fan of manual exfoliation (laaaaazy) but I like the AHA+ cuz you just slap it on and bam you're exfoliated.

Your skin is literally soaking in water rather than water running off of it. It just means you probably haven't exfoliated lately, so the dead skin cells soften and roll off.

That's wrong, it's killing your skin.

I'm going to ask you to leave me alone now. I consider you a troll.

I don't care at all what you think. Using a scrub almost every day is simply wrong. Live with it.

I'm trying a new regimen and exfoliating is part of it, it's not like I've been doing it for years. And yes I've tried your BS regimine of not doing anything and I saw no improvement. Now again, leave me alone. You had very mild acne and you have no idea what it's like.

Edited by CottonCandi

What do you do differently when you take a bath vs. shower? Do you take much hotter/steamier baths? If so, that might serve to "soften" your skin so the dead cells fall off more easily...

I'm leaving you alone. I don't have any regimen, don't need any. If my suggestion doesn't work for you then you are most likely doing something wrong. Healthy skin doesn't require exfoliation at all. If you happen to get the skin you deserve back, you will know better. All the best.

I'm leaving you alone. I don't have any regimen, don't need any. If my suggestion doesn't work for you then you are most likely doing something wrong. Healthy skin doesn't require exfoliation at all. If you happen to get the skin you deserve back, you will know better. All the best.

You're such a troll. You had mild acne and have the balls to come here and tell people that everything they do is wrong. Get off my post.

Why be so offensive? Call me anything you want, I'm really happy about myself. :)

Ask anybody who knows skin well, they'll confirm that scrubbing and especially scrubbing almost every day is just wrong for a fact. Oh, I can post as I please, by the way. :)

Water kills skin?