Notifications
Clear all

Data Gathering: Food Which Definitely Increases Your Oil Production

MemberMember
(@listener)

Posted : 11/02/2011 8:20 am

I only ask you to spend 2 minutes reading and replying to this thread. It is simply a method to gather some data to help me with my various experimentations.

If you are willing could you please provide 2 pieces of information in your reply:

Q1. What food item (if any) are you greater than 90% certain causes you to have an increase in oil production? I'm not looking for foods which give you acne that you assume is because it increased oil production. I'm only interested in oil-affecting foods whether they give you acne or not.

Q2. What is the approximate time it takes for this to come about? (e.g. within an hour, the next morning, 2 days later, etc..)

My answers:

1. Salmon and fish oil supplements (i.e. fish oil)

2. Noticeable in 2-5 hours

!!Please do not give answers which 'everyone knows' make you oily. Or something you are 'kind of' sure makes you oily. Only put it if it has caused you to become oilier without doubt. i.e. don't just say: 'greasy pizza and greasy french fries' just because you assume if they have grease on them as a food item then it must undisputedly mean grease will come out of your face. Also, please stick to a food item as opposed to a generalistic term such as: 'carbs.'!!

Thanks,

Listener

MemberMember
(@mgotten)

Posted : 11/02/2011 11:18 am

Listener,

Good post. I have to agree about the fish oil now that you mention it.

It does help produce oily skin however I do not filter this out of my daily diet. The advantages of taking fish oil daily are too high. What are you using right now to help control your oily skin?

I completely eliminated all wheat from my diet after noticing my skin becoming increasing oily after eating bread/pasta/rice.

Hope this helps!

-M

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 11/02/2011 1:24 pm

...Sometimes....I touch my face with the back of my hand...and it smells slightly of fish from the supplements....

._.

I'm not sure though, I don't pay that much attention to my face. I only notice if it's oily if I use jojoba too much around my eyes and my vision's all blurry while I'm trying to take instructions from my boss.

MemberMember
(@listener)

Posted : 11/03/2011 4:58 pm

Dear Mods,

Is it possible to move this thread over to the Oily Skin Forum?

Thanks,

Listener

MemberMember
(@datsnotmyname)

Posted : 11/04/2011 2:24 am

1. KFC chicken

2. Couple of hours later

MemberMember
(@listener)

Posted : 11/04/2011 8:02 am

Thanks. Yes this is a common one, cited even by my friends who normally have completely matte skin.

I'm starting to form a very nice theory on what causes sebum secretion ot be abnormally large (i.e. anything noticeable).

My newly modified diet is looking promising. I'll keep you updated.

More input is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/04/2011 7:52 pm

1) soy milk and regular regular dairy milk

2) idk, after an hour or two?

THe oil from fish oil helps lube the skin and makes it soft, but never breaks me out

MemberMember
(@zeroe)

Posted : 09/03/2016 6:41 pm

Potatoes increase my skin production... Going to reduce the amount I eat :(.

MemberMember
(@suswang8)

Posted : 09/09/2016 12:09 pm

I hope this thread continues.
I wish I knew what caused my chronically oily skin (both face and scalp). I have already been on a fairly low carbohydrate diet that is basically paleo for years and eat little in the way of refined grains. I also eat very little dairy. I still do have some granola from time to time, and I think that is one of the suspects, as is possibly insufficient sleep.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 09/09/2016 1:31 pm

I'm so glad to see this thread resurrected. I wish all of Listener's posts were.

For me, it's trans fats/vegetable oils and wheat/gluten.

Coce99 liked
MemberMember
(@ashiqat-aljana)

Posted : 09/15/2016 8:52 am

1) evening primrose capsules " I WAS TAKING THIS 2x a day".
2) within one week my whole left cheek was covered with pimples and my face was very very oily .. once I stopped taking it, my face returned to it's usual state and the cystic acne disappeared.

MemberMember
(@coce99)

Posted : 09/18/2016 7:42 am

On 09.09.2016. at 8:31 PM, SkinDeeply said:

I'm so glad to see this thread resurrected. I wish all of Listener's posts were.

plus Dairy.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 09/18/2016 1:51 pm

6 hours ago, Coce99 said:
On 9/9/2016 at 1:31 PM, SkinDeeply said:

plus Dairy.

For me, dairy results in inflammatory or cystic acne. Whereas when I consume trans fats or wheat/gluten, my sebum production increases, and this generally lends itself to non-inflammatory breakouts like closed comedones and folliculitis because the yeast that triggers them is fed by sebum.

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/18/2016 7:55 pm

Although I am---for the most part---clear of acne, I still get a lil breakout whenever I eat crap food.
Case in point: once in a while I'll indulge in Chinese take out (every 3-4 months), and sure enough my skin gets oily and I get some acne a day or two later.

Healthy oils such as coconut, olive, avocado, peanut, butter, lard, and red palm oil never break me out.
The cheap and highly processed corn oils and vegetable oils that are more typical in fast foods/restaurants always fuck me up bc these oils quickly go rancid in production.

PS: If anyone needs a solid plan to naturally rid oneself from acne and other health issues, I recommend checking out SkinDeeply's 'about' page. It's essentially everything u need to know from scratch.