Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlpineSteez

I Am So Tired Of Acne; Is It Time For 'tane? Grow Out Of It?

What it looks like: post-161185-0-93985200-1320092773_thumb.

What I hope to look like (photoshopped): post-161185-0-06349800-1320092810_thumb.

I really can't handle the effects that acne has on my self esteem for much longer. I am a 19 year old college student who has had acne since I was 17. I have been very hopeful that my acne with go away with time just as my fathers did. Growing out of acne is my dream, but can that actually happen? It seems like waking up to new pimples everyday is inevitable.

I've been to the dermatologist before but they tried different medications that actually made it worse. He then suggested accutane. I immediately thought "fuck no" because I knew how serious accutane's risks are. From then on I ditched all medications and began drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. Along with ACV, I was simply washing my face by putting it under the hot shower water everyday. WOW did I see improvements. My skin seemed to be clearing up. This could have also been to LOW stress and good moods along with sunshine.

Here I am today with acne that is STRONGLY hindering my social life in college. Suggestions? Should I go with accutane or wait for my skin to "outgrow" acne.........

Click the pics to actually see the acne up close..

post-161185-0-93985200-1320092773_thumb.

post-161185-0-06349800-1320092810_thumb.

Alright sorry but you do not have acne at all, and definitely do not go on accutane, because it is possible that after your accutane term you could still break out . Just use a gentle face wash dab a bit of BP before going to bed an your set to go :)

Seriously you shouldnt even worry about a few simple spots that can be treated if you watch what you . again I can't help but tell you that you do not have acne. But I know what you mean it does lower your esteem, I currently am suffering with acne way more than you, I wish my face looked like yours then I seriously wouldn't care about breaking out, but no I get these large cysts on my cheeks, and I'm a girl so it doesn't look nice . I think men with acne are still very much attractive I'n this case which you are :)

Hopefully you dont go on accutane its terrible drug that can harm you in the long run

Thank you AbyBar. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I don't have acne, but I know it could be much worse. The derm seemed to think my acne was severe enough for Accutane about 6 months ago, but I was far too scared to do it then. Despite being only a few pimples (fine i won't call it acne ahah) I have the hardest time looking in the mirror and telling myself that I am attractive. I guess I just can hope that girls don't see the big ole' red bumps as much as I do.

I think I will try taking vitimans (B, D, Fish Oil Omega 3,) eating healthy, drinking apple cider vinegar again, getting adequate sleep every night, and drinking plenty of water.

Guest Timehealsall

Thank you AbyBar. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I don't have acne, but I know it could be much worse. The derm seemed to think my acne was severe enough for Accutane about 6 months ago, but I was far too scared to do it then. Despite being only a few pimples (fine i won't call it acne ahah) I have the hardest time looking in the mirror and telling myself that I am attractive. I guess I just can hope that girls don't see the big ole' red bumps as much as I do.

I think I will try taking vitimans (B, D, Fish Oil Omega 3,) eating healthy, drinking apple cider vinegar again, getting adequate sleep every night, and drinking plenty of water.

that sounds ridiculous.. 3 pimples and your derm wanted you on accutane?

Dermatologist will say go on accutane, without caring of the side effects and they guarantee it will benefit you , but it's not all true. My friend went on accutane yeah it did clear him up but his acne came back two months later and now he can work out as much at the gym because he complains about his muscle joints hurting an aching all the time :(

My derm suggested accutane , but I refused it's not an option for me, I have no insurance . So I'm eating healthy and taking vitamins and antibiotics , yeah it sure did make my acne worse but it gets worse before it gets better I hope.

As far as the girl thing, any girl that is more concern about a guys look then his personality is not worth your time. We are our worst critiques I know what you mean , you look at yourself I'n the mirror and you wish you had clear skin, but I'm sure is not that bad and no one even bothers to stare because everyone gets it .

Just wash your face twice a day, use a bit of BP 2.5 % and it will heal . Eventually you'll outgrow your pimples . I'n the meantime don't stress about it . And definitely moisturize . That's play a big key factor I'n acne . So as long as you wash and moisturize you'll be fine and will have lovely clear skin :)

that sounds ridiculous.. 3 pimples and your derm wanted you on accutane?

5-10 at a time, always. consistant and persistant.

I know it isn't as severe as a lot of people on this board, but it IS acne.

Common man, be thankfull, you have nothing. Heres my before and after photoshop.

That derm is crazy for prescribing it too you, could do more bad then good. If i were you I would stear clear of any harsh treatments, antibiotics or anything the derm may prescribe. You have little to go to be clear, but can become far worse. Im sure if you adjust your diet a tiny bit the rest would clear right up. You also are only 19 and can still grow out of it. My friend that had it pretty severe grew out at 20. Good luck!

post-126400-0-08722800-1320425158_thumb.

post-126400-0-08722800-1320425158_thumb.

I counted 7-8 pimples, 6 out of 8 being small ones. 1 kinda big, 1 medium..

You need to have like at least 5 big ones, and 15+ small to medium ones to even consider accutane.

I mean.. come on.. if you can easily use the spot heal tool in photoshop to clear yourself, you don't need accutane.. hahaha

Edited by Wangod

Well, for starters, that derm is very irresponsible for recommending Accutane, you don't qualify at all. A few pimples around your chin isn't going to alter your attractiveness or how people generally perceive you. You probably need a therapist more than anything.

I have mild acne too like AlpineSteez has. I spend the last 2 weeks in searching and reading EVERY review possible. I spend so much time to know how to get rid of acne that I think that I could be a special derm. for acne ... hahaha :D.

Your situation is that you thought about Accutane, funny, I would never EVER do it. From what I read that the side effects are, nope, thank you. I never visit a derm. because I know how they think, they just want to get rid of YOU not your acne. I think that they don't even care about you as much as they care about the money they get... So in my opinion visiting a derm. with mild acne is useless...

I now consider using some BP with a Moisturizer. But I have a hard time finding the best products here in my country. I don't want to buy them online 'cause the fee and deliver costs would be more than the actual product, haha. Additionaly, I'm feared using BP, because again of what I read that it can make your skin look older... and I don't want that either. So maybe I won't use anything and just wait until my body heals my acne.

And I know how you feel, I feel the same. And I'm happy that I don't have severe acne, for those people I wish the best to get rid of it. The damage on self esteem that acne causes is incredible. A little white pimple on your face and you don't even wanna go out. But you know what? Many people don't care about your pimples, and those who do, should just go to hell :). My friends just don't care about it, they take me the way I'm. And I also know some people who make fun of me because of my acne, but, who cares about them? They probably got other problems so they let of their steam on you.

My advice to you would be. Just try some BP (on the spot) and moisturize if you have red skin/easy irritating skin.

PS: I have permanent red cheeks and dry skin and never moisturize ^^ because I never find a good Moisturizer and they never work for me :)

I will through out my perspective... I have similar amounts of acne on my face currently, with some on the rest of my body also. I asked my GP about my acne when I was in high school and they said it wasn't that bad and I would probably grow out of it and to try some Benzoyl peroxide. And that just made me afraid to ask about it again because they seemed far less concerned about it than I was.

I turn 27 next month and I've had moderate acne for almost 15 years now and my biggest reget was not see'ing a derm sooner. I started see'ing a derm almost a year ago and have gone though multiple topical and oral antibiotic combinations and while somewhat improved my skin still isn't clear. Going back in a couple weeks to talk to derm about accutane. I can't even remember the last time my skin was "clear".

Weigh the risks versus benefits and do what is right for you.

You guys are a trip. This isnt a competition to see who has the worst acne. If the OP is upset about his skin he has every right to pursue whatever treatment he wants. Whether it's one pimple or 1000 pimples. It's his choice. His Dr obviously thinks he is fit enough for accutane and if he decides to take it than so be it. There are plenty of people that have taken accutane with great results and zero negative side effects other than dry skin (myself included). I started my second round of accutane with better looking skin than most people on here. Why? Because even the mild acne made me feel like shit and had more of a negative impact on my life than any pill ever could. My decision, my money, and my dr knows I'm mature enough and responsible enough to take it. There are no "acne severity qualifications" for accutane. The OP might be able to get rid of his acne with OTC products. But i feel safe assuming he's already done that. On top of that, who wants to follow a strict regimen all the time? If you had the option to have clear skin and not have to do all that stuff every day you wouldnt take it? Not to mention the money we've all spent on OTC products

We all deal with acne differently. Some people would be ok with a few zits, other people cant stand to look at themselves in the mirror with a few zits. This is supposed to be a community. Let's not make it a competition, we all have the same goal here

Edited by JustChill

Dude, you have no acne. Relax.

...and yeah, he obviously knew that his acne is mild to moderate, since he posted it here. lol

Edited by amy91

EAT JUST NUTS AND APPLES FOR THREE DAYS AN LOADS OF WATER AN WASH YOUR FACE TWICE A DAY WITH JUST WATER.

Why are you typingin caps? And some peoples skin will react negativity from nuts and the sugars in fruits.

Why are you spelling typing in like that? and negatively is that what you mean?

I've known people to react negatively to advice before , those people I'm not trying to help!

How can any ones skin react badly to nuts or apples?

They think it does because of what else there eating an using on there skin!

Has any one tried this? No? Well then don't knock it!

If you want your spots to go do what I've told you!!!!

Eat nothing but mixed nuts an any apples an drink lots of water you don't even need to wash your face or touch it within one day you notice a change!