Notifications
Clear all

Azelaic Acid

MemberMember
(@jaysjay)

Posted : 10/30/2011 1:38 pm

there have been lot of contradictory statement about the ability to promote facial hair growth of azelaic acid , some say they have seen an increase in facial hair where the other put it in an opposite.

as of my understanding the mechanism of action by which it act is more liable in hindering the hair growth on face - but can someone here shed some light on why some people have experienced thickening of facial hair while applying it.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 10/31/2011 12:35 am

There is no black and white for why or why it doesn't promote facial hair. In fact azelaic acid's anti-rosacea mechanism isn't even really understood scientifically. It even says so on the consumer pamphlet in the finacea box. I personally noticed a pretty dramatic increase in facial hair growth, but I was all for it and it could just be a coincidence since I am a 20 y/o male

MemberMember
(@ameriwife)

Posted : 11/14/2011 11:24 am

I've been using finacea for 3 weeks, am 22 year old female, and don't notice more facial hair. I mean, I definitely have some facial hair already, it but it's blonde.

MemberMember
(@jaysjay)

Posted : 06/03/2012 2:54 pm

so i started getting very good results with azelaic acid 20 percent but it would sting my face alot, the stinging sensation would disappear when i used it straight for like 15 days but if i give it a slight break say of one or two,the stinging would return,.of late i have been fetching this new supply from azederm which doesnt sting but seems ineffective as well ,i still had some old tubes left and applied the remnant to notice that it still felt stinging and was also effective, does anyone know what is happening ,does the lack of stinging with the newer supplies would mean it is less effective as well.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 06/05/2012 7:53 pm

try using every other day or mix it with moisturizer. i do and it stings less

MemberMember
(@jaysjay)

Posted : 06/06/2012 11:49 am

stinging is not giving me any problem on the contrary the lack of it from new supply is making me doubt its effectiveness as the older supplies sting sting on my face.

MemberMember
(@gfxtt)

Posted : 09/17/2013 12:33 pm

jaysjay, can you give me your experience about this azelaic acid? i have some unwanted facial hair upper my eyebrow and on my temples wich get thicker with jojoba oil.

I want to give a try to azelaic acid (instead of antibiotic that gave me my derm for moderate acne vulgaris at 21 years old) but if it increase my hair growth, i won't.

thanks a lot for any experience of anyone

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/30/2013 6:08 pm

there have been lot of contradictory statement about the ability to promote facial hair growth of azelaic acid , some say they have seen an increase in facial hair where the other put it in an opposite.

as of my understanding the mechanism of action by which it act is more liable in hindering the hair growth on face - but can someone here shed some light on why some people have experienced thickening of facial hair while applying it.

It givess me more facial hair. I am a female, so it is not dark facial hair, it is just the blonde peach fuzz.