Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used proactiv for a good year or so. it helped my acne, but didn't clear it. my face is kinda dull from all the benzyl peroxide.ive been reading more and more about how BP isn't good for your skin and stops working after awhile.

now for maybe 2 months my derm gave me some benzaclin, a mixture of clindamyisin (sorry for my spelling!) and BP. it's..kinda helped. but i kinda wanna stop using it for the fear of my skin to be ruined more.

i don't have a lot of acne. very very mild. but im using .04% retin-a and benzaclin in the morning. im trying to move closer to doing natural methods and more steaming my face!

does anyone else agree?

I used Benzaclin and it totally messed up my face. I'm not sure if it'll do the same thing to you, but it did it to me. So I'd say try and get off of it.

Benzaclin did not work for me either, my skin was constantly red and peeling. I now use Duac and its the same thing but is so much gentler on my skin. Maybe try that?

I had a friend using Benzaclin, back in the day. She had only very light acne...helped her a lot after an IB. Oh yeah, and like most derm products - she broke out terrible after getting off it.

Quit all of the products

Sorry I don't get what you're saying. Quit which products?

I had a friend using Benzaclin, back in the day. She had only very light acne...helped her a lot after an IB. Oh yeah, and like most derm products - she broke out terrible after getting off it.

What's IB?

hey im also on retina a micro I use acanya its 2.5 bp with 1.2 clindamycin I like it so far. its also cheaper it cost me $50.00 without insurance. an intial breakout is when u start using a product and ur skin is adjusting to it. everything pops up and it looks worse than when u started. but it gets better its just the product doing its job. you only have a true ib with retiniod products. its unclogging all ur pores. sorry for the sp I am on my phone.

See the weird thing is I never remembered getting an intial breakout after the benzaclin or retin-a. the only time i remember getting a huge breakout from starting/quitting a product was proactiv. UGH that was the worst breakout ever! i stopped using it and my face exploded in pimples! worst time ever

benzaclin was one of the only topicals that has worked for me. i use olay rengerist deep hydration cream after i apply the benzaclin and my skin doesnt get red or dry at all anymore. when i first started using it i tried it with cerave and other types of moisturizer and my face was red and peeling so much. the olay deep hydration cream or the sleep cream are the only things that i can use with benzaclin. my hubby uses it now on his zits and it works so fast for him.

Edited by Karen Howz

Quit all of the products

"but im using .04% retin-a and benzaclin in the morning"

-- that's what you wrote. Please quit those products as soon as possible, they can't cure the issue.

Edited by someonefromabove

Quit all of the products

"but im using .04% retin-a and benzaclin in the morning"

-- that's what you wrote. Please quit those products as soon as possible, they can't cure the issue.

Well what do you propose 'cures'?