Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindz029

How Do I Use Dans Aha?

Hi,

Im currently using cetaphil gentle cleanser monring/nite to cleanse and dans BP only at nite. Im confused how to use the AHA treatment. Do you use it a couple times a week or daily? I tried putting BP then a little bit of the AHA and it BURNED like crazy. I think my skin is way to sensitive to use 2 treatments (BP and AHA) at once. Please help!

Normally you can use the AHA treatment a couple times a week in replacement for your moisturiser.

You could try using one or the other, say one night use the AHA lotion and the next use BP + moisturiser and vice versa.

how long have you been using the regimen?

dan recommends to start using AHA around 5 weeks

and its supposed to burn, but if its unbearable, then you should probably stop

as for how often, you should build up to it. so for the first week use it once, then the second week use it twice (try to spread the days out so like monday and friday would be good), third week three times, fourth week four times, until you get to daily

it burns more the first few times but you get used to it

good luck :)

quick question...I started using DKR about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that I used proactive for quite sometime so my skin is quite use to BP and acne products. I bought the cleanser, BP and AHA and have been using it daily like clockwork, 10-12 hrs apart twice a day. I recently experienced some dryness and was wondering what I should do? Should I cut back on the amount of BP or stop using the AHA daily? Help please!

AHA+ is a chemical exfoliant and is best used in conjunction with BP. It helps lessen "acne scars" and helps get rid of product build up and dry skin. You have to be on the Regimen for at least 5 weeks before you start using AHA+ because it is a very strong product just like the BP.

Slowly add AHA+ to your Regimen. Start with once a week, then the next week do it twice, and the next week 3 times, etc. until you can use it every night without problems.

Expect a burning / stinging feeling for a while. That's normal, that's the nature of the product. You get used to it after some time (about a month for me). Use at night, only one finger's length - it's enough to cover your whole face since it's a very strong product. If you choose to do so you can also use it in the morning as a spot treatment on stubborn red spots / acne, but use a VERY small amount. A little goes a long way.