Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamienufc

Subcision And Re-Cell In The Midlands?

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help me...

I suffered from quite sevre acne as a teenager, which was eventually stopped by roaccutaine.

In my early 20s I had 2 lots of laser resurfacing done to my cheeks and temples which helped improve my scarring. However, I have never been truely happy with the result and my scars can look quite bad in certain light.

Last year I had a consultation with Dr Peat at Skin clinics, Birmingham enquiring how much another laser resurfacing would cost. He quoted me 4,100 to perform the operation on my cheeks and temples and told me that he estimated a 20% improval. He said that due to my previous surgeries he wouldn't go too deep with the laser due to my skin being quite thin. At the time I couldn't afford the operation so decided to save my money and see what else is out?

I've now saved around 7 thousand pounds and am determined to reclaim my confidence and make my scars the best they can be. I've been doing some research and have come across Dr Khan at the Harley Street Clinic in london (http://www.harleystreetskinclinic.com/).

He offers various treatment such as recell, prp and fraxel laser.

I believe that subcision would be benifical to me to help raise my scars, but cannot find anywhere that offers it. My thinking is to ave a combination of treatments including the re-cell and some laser resurfacing if required.

I live in Birmingham and would be really greatful if somebody could put me in contact with places that locally offer things such as recell and subcision. Due to the effects of treatment and the downtime involved ideally I'd like to have my treatments done as locally as possible.

I'll post some photos of the scarring to my cheeks (in the worst light - overhead) to see what people think? and what treatments they think would be benificial?

Many thanks,

Jamie

post-137646-0-84768300-1319220294_thumb.

post-137646-0-07431300-1319220309_thumb.

post-137646-0-84768300-1319220294_thumb.

post-137646-0-07431300-1319220309_thumb.

Thank you so much gbl. :-)

Nottingham is only 40 minutes away from where I live so would be ideal if I trust the doctor and they offer what I'm looking for.

Zenith in Nottingham offers re-cell and will potentially save me having to travel to london which would be fantastic,

but does anyone know of anywhere that offers subcision?

I could be wrong, but would it be more benifical to have subcision first to try and lift my scars then try re-cell to help with any remaining uneveness?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because before vising these boards I only thought laser resurfacing was an option.

Jamie

you could call and ask if they do subcision, and then go for a consultation. not everything is always on the website

i would go somewhere that offers EVERYTHING you think might be an option, otherwise you'll feel they're only advising based on the procedures they offer.

Zenith list subcision, along with fraxel/Co2 laser resurfacing and re-cell.

I've just requested a call back from them and will book a consultation. Seeing as they seem to offer all the treatments I think will be benificial to me hopefully they wont try and sell me something that wont help.

I will keep you posted how I get on, thank you for your help so far. I really appreciate it.