Notifications
Clear all

The Perfect Spf Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/20/2011 9:45 pm

I have done A LOT of research on the best SPF moisturizer to use for acne prone skin. I have looked at the individual ingredients, gone over reviews on tons of different websites, and had much personal experience. The best in my opinion is Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer SPF 15. The ingredients are great for general acne prone skin (unless you are specifically allergic to any of them..obviously), the reviews on all different websites are very positive (acne.org, target, makeupalley, ulta, etc), and it hasn't broken me out in the past. I currently started using it again because I changed up my regimen and it is not breaking me out now either. Cerave AM has great ingredients also, except the physical sunscreens in it (zinc oxide) leave major white streaks on my face, especially when I put it on over BP or whatever else (it also balls up). Anyways, for anybody looking for a good spf moisturizer for daily use, I hope this post is informative.

Pros: very moisturizing, does not break me out, good ingredients, does not ball up

Cons: fragrance, $$$

The pros very much outweigh the cons in this product

MemberMember

Posted : 10/24/2011 3:42 pm

the original version of olay, the one that Dan recommends is also really good. Stay away from the one that says "for normal skin". However, you have to put jojoba oil in it to get the best benefits.

MemberMember
(@cocobo)

Posted : 10/26/2011 6:27 pm

What kind of smell does the Aveeno have? Just curious. I can't use the sunscreen Dan recommends so I'm looking for a new one when summer swings around again.

*meaning is it good or bad, not like "Jasmine with a deep sandalwood undertone and hints of rose petals" lol. I don't even know what any of those except rose petals smell like haha.

MemberMember

Posted : 10/27/2011 12:00 am

The one Dan uses has zinc oxide, maybe youre allergic to that? Aveeno's does not have that. It definitely smells good, though if you put too much on i could see it being a little over powering. However, i have noticed that the smell fades pretty quickly (lol, maybe you just get used to it). Since I started the DKR im using the one dan recommends, the Olay sunscreen, my skin really likes that one also.

MemberMember
(@kai1992)

Posted : 08/16/2015 7:41 am

I currently am using the Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM Spf 30. It is really moisturizing. I agree the only con tho is that it leaves white streaks on your face. It takes a while to absorb but once on your face it leaves it moisturized. Washing it off tho can be a problem.

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 09/06/2015 12:41 pm

I currently am using the Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM Spf 30. It is really moisturizing. I agree the only con tho is that it leaves white streaks on your face. It takes a while to absorb but once on your face it leaves it moisturized. Washing it off tho can be a problem.

Ditto this mostly. I've only been using it for a few weeks, but it takes forever to rub in/absorb. And i like having my hands on my face for as little as possible, so this doesn't really help with that :| Washing it off is always a hassle for me too, which once again just leads to me having my hands on my face for longer than I'd like.

i don't feel like it's "really moisturizing" but IDK. I really miss my SPF 15 Cetaphil. It went on so smoothly and felt moisturizing... but alas it doesn't have Zine oxide (which, along with titanium dioxide, is supposed to be the best at preventing aging/sun damage...although recently i've seen that ZO and TD just sit on top of your skin instead of absorb which can lead to breakouts..... :| )

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/10/2015 11:17 pm

Thank you for your recommendation. I'm glad you found a moisturizer that is working nicely for you! I cannot remember if I have used this one or not. I tend to avoid anything that has the word 'fragrance' in it though. Since you have done so much research on spf moisturizers, I wonder if you have heard of Olay's Complete Defense All Day Moisturizer w/ SPF 30. I am currently trying to find a moisturizer that won't break me out too and that one seems all right but it's also on the expensive side. Do you have any experience with that Olay product I mentioned? I wonder what are your thoughts on it... :) Thanks!