Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cherryx

What To Dilute Tee Trea Oil With?

Recently, using tea tree oil gave me a lot of irritation. I think it would work better if I diluted it with something, I am afraid to dilute with olive oil because.... well, it's oil. Any suggestions? Or will olive oil work?

Water is fine to dilute TTO with if you're worried about adding other oils in to the equation, but you'll have to mix/stir/shake it well.

Jojoba oil, bio-oil etc are good methods for diluting.

extra virgin olive oil works for alot od people but i think a safer oil would be jojoba oil. Ive heard of bio oil breaking alot of people out more than olive oil even.

Distilled water (water with impurities removed) would be great. This will eliminate any problems other then the tea tree oil for aggrevation. Mix together in a bottle or atomizer bottle.

Mixing an oil with water just creates a suspension which just doesn't do as good as it would if you used a carrier oil such as almond or something like that.

Mixing an oil with water just creates a suspension which just doesn't do as good as it would if you used a carrier oil such as almond or something like that.

Hi Joe

what do you mean by a suspension? Many essential oils are pure. Only some use a carrier oil. For example 5% jasmine absolute.