Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violet Fire

I Seem To Break Out With Sugar And White Four...

I notice my skin gets worse if i eat sugar and white flour in food, I've tried a diet where I eliminate them and my skin really clears up after a few months.

I'm going to try the diet again, does anyone else have these as their acne triggers and what do you recommended eating and not eating?

I hardly ever eat bread anymore, I do every now and then, but its always 100% whole wheat.

I eat tons of brown rice however. Only cuz I'm trying to gain weight.

I don't have problems when I eat bread though, even with the very rate times that I eat white bread.

If you eat bread go for pumpernickel - it's fantastic. With some spinach dip... delicious. Mind you i'm not advocating eating bread.

Spinach dip recipe: http://vivianskvetch...om-scratch.html

Now to make it more health friendly you'd want to make your own mayonnaise from scratch using olive oil.

Edited by moonbase

Geat Idea to remove white flour and sugar. Too big acne triggers. You will get used to your new alternatives and they will become a normal part of your life.

Good alternatives of sugar: mayple syrup, agave nectar, xylitol and sometimes honey

Good alternatives to white flour/refined carbs: soya and linseed bread, wholemeal bread, wholemeal/wheat anything, wholewheat pasta, brown rice, quinoa, granola,

Have you also tried removing dairy?

I'm going to try the diet again, does anyone else have these as their acne triggers and what do you recommended eating and not eating?

The sooner everyone realises sugar is evil, the better it'll be for everyone's skin.

Agree Sugar and Dairy are the main culpirits.

Decided to let loose recently and guess what........worsed breakout in ages