Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi! :)

so about a month ago i had dry skin on my chin, so i use a peeling gel to get it off, and then i made the mistake of using BP on the freshly raw skin, and it burned. (as in it got all dark and extremely dry and flakey)

now, its mostly healed but it still gets a little dry and is still about a shade darker than the rest of my face. i can sort of deal with the dryness, but the discoloration really annoys me. does anyone know how to get rid of it? ive been using AHA+, but its not really making that much of a difference (or maybe i just have to wait a long time) and it gets "accentuated" every time i wash my face and apply BP

thanks!!!!!

I know it's probably not awesome to hear, but the best thing for it is time. They tend to fade on their own. I actually burned the end of my nose and looked like a reindeer for a few months... it was embarrassing but it went away in its own.

I've got a nice little collection of BP burns. Most have gone but a few seem to be here for the long term. I can't help but admire their commitment. They're all really small now because they've faded over time, but I can still see where the skin's a little darker. It kind of amuses me in a way because I'll catch sight of one every now and then and think, 'Ah, that was the time I used half a tube of BP in an area the size of a penny. No wonder it burned!' :lol:

Best thing to do is avoid putting BP there for a while and let it calm down, it will fade in time.

I know it's probably not awesome to hear, but the best thing for it is time. They tend to fade on their own. I actually burned the end of my nose and looked like a reindeer for a few months... it was embarrassing but it went away in its own.

thanks for the reply :)

hahaa i know i look like i have a goatee LOL

I've got a nice little collection of BP burns. Most have gone but a few seem to be here for the long term. I can't help but admire their commitment. They're all really small now because they've faded over time, but I can still see where the skin's a little darker. It kind of amuses me in a way because I'll catch sight of one every now and then and think, 'Ah, that was the time I used half a tube of BP in an area the size of a penny. No wonder it burned!' lol.gif

Best thing to do is avoid putting BP there for a while and let it calm down, it will fade in time.

thanks for the reply!

i dont know how people get so much product stuff on their face! i tried the full amount and after covering my face had 75% of what i started with still in my hand haha

yeah ill avoid putting BP there and just wait

Emu oil seems to be really smoothing when it comes to irritated or inflammed areas of the skin, I think it will benefit you. The added bonus is that it supposedly has healing properties and I know from personal experience that is also very effective in reducing hyperpigmentation. It's made a big difference on my red marks. I'd give it a shot! Goodluck.

Emu oil seems to be really smoothing when it comes to irritated or inflammed areas of the skin, I think it will benefit you. The added bonus is that it supposedly has healing properties and I know from personal experience that is also very effective in reducing hyperpigmentation. It's made a big difference on my red marks. I'd give it a shot! Goodluck.

hey thanks for the reply!

do you know if jojoba oil does the same stuff as emu oil? i already have jojoba oil so i think ill try that and avoid BP just around my chin

Ya the same thing happend to me on my cheeks. My skin was dry, and I just rub my cheeks to hard it was sort of raw..and then applied BP and it really burned.

The marks are completely gone....but I stopped using BP so it wouldn't make it worse. It should fade. Manuka honey is great as well.