Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomasknowles

Well That's My Acne Era Over

Well the last six months I been acne free. I don't do anything really, I just think I’ve grown out of it at the eventually age of 24 lol. surprised.gif

I quite happy in my life now, I got a decent job in IT and got a place of my own and good set of mates that were friends before when I was really spotty.

The only people who can go to hell are girls they made it quite clear I wasn’t good enough before. So they can keep dating the guys that cheat on them and hit them etc. From what I seen from relationships there nothing but trouble, so I think I’m better off anyway.

The only reason I posted this to the people get stress because acne. It will end at one point so keep smiling it will soon end.

Good luck

Unfortunately acne will not end for some people. Some people on this forum are in their 50s and still get breakouts.. neutral.gif

Hahaha don't give up on girls. I'm sure somebody will like you because personalty is important, right?

Sorry but girls treated me like shit throughout. I was told a few times by then how will you ever get a gf with them spots.

Sorry but you can't blame me for hating them. I never seen people in the 50's get spots but for most of the people spots will eventually go away just need to ride it out.

Edited by thomasknowles

Well the last six months I been acne free. I don't do anything really, I just think I’ve grown out of it at the eventually age of 24 lol. surprised.gif

I quite happy in my life now, I got a decent job in IT and got a place of my own and good set of mates that were friends before when I was really spotty.

The only people who can go to hell are girls they made it quite clear I wasn’t good enough before. So they can keep dating the guys that cheat on them and hit them etc. From what I seen from relationships there nothing but trouble, so I think I’m better off anyway.

The only reason I posted this to the people get stress because acne. It will end at one point so keep smiling it will soon end.

Good luck

Very encouraging post, thanks a lot. I really wait for that beautiful day when I'll grow out of this disaster.

I, Wangod, happy for you. But you'd be a fool to think it won't come back if you.. (for lack of better general terminology: %%^& up your life). For instance, the wangod too has grown out, (but not cured), and he gets the pimples when he suddenly takes up drinking again, or eats plently of american junk food.

Girls are evil as all hell, they are from hell while us gentle men have been sent from heaven to help tame these beasts. lol jk. girls are alright bro but they're different than us.. they're all skinny and have no muscle at all..they're like really really gay men in female bodies.. its just incomprehensible..

The only time I got a little spot when I was shaving but I think this due to using shaving gel. So I changed to electric saver hopefully that will resolve it. But either way not to concerned.

Girls are evil as all hell, they are from hell while us gentle men have been sent from heaven to help tame these beasts. lol jk. girls are alright bro but they're different than us.. they're all skinny and have no muscle at all..they're like really really gay men in female bodies.. its just incomprehensible..

...piece of advice: please never say this to a girl if you ever want to get laid again :P

OP, as a girl, I apologize on behalf of all the rest of us for how those particular girls treated you. Even back when I had nearly flawless skin, I don't think I ever would've behaved that way, and most of my friends would never have been so bitchy either. We're not all bad. Some of us - gasp - have even had acne before as well, and can therefore totally relate to what you've been through.

Glad to hear you're completely acne-free now though! I seriously can't wait for the day I get my own face back as well, because... seriously, sometimes I'm afraid I'll NEVER look like my old self again :(

girls are alright bro but they're different than us.. they're all skinny and have no muscle at all..they're like really really gay men in female bodies.. its just incomprehensible..

... Wha? eusa_eh.gif

But anyway, congrats Thomas!

Edited by akko

Congratulations on gettirng rid of you're acne. It would be nice if it was as simple as 'one day it will end' but unfortunately it's more complex for some than that.

As for the subject of girls, i completley understand where you're coming from. The opposite sex tends to be more harsh about my acne, whereas another man might just call me spotty or pizza face (which is still annoying but i'm used to it) it was women that really put the boot in and treated me like a piece of tiny dirt on the bottom of their shoe. I know it's a cliche but it's also true that not all girls are like that. There's girls with acne who have been treated horrible by boys and proably think that all boys are horrible and judgemental scum and are all the same, but you know that you're not, so not all girls are the same just like all guys are not the same. If you let all the ass holes who made fun of you bitter towards all women then you're just letting them win. They're a rare breed but eventually someone different will come along.

Congratulations on gettirng rid of you're acne. It would be nice if it was as simple as 'one day it will end' but unfortunately it's more complex for some than that.

As for the subject of girls, i completley understand where you're coming from. The opposite sex tends to be more harsh about my acne, whereas another man might just call me spotty or pizza face (which is still annoying but i'm used to it) it was women that really put the boot in and treated me like a piece of tiny dirt on the bottom of their shoe. I know it's a cliche but it's also true that not all girls are like that. There's girls with acne who have been treated horrible by boys and proably think that all boys are horrible and judgemental scum and are all the same, but you know that you're not, so not all girls are the same just like all guys are not the same. If you let all the ass holes who made fun of you bitter towards all women then you're just letting them win. They're a rare breed but eventually someone different will come along.

I get what you’re saying however when it's comes to girls now, even If I think I like a girl. I usually get overcome with hated and resentment now and think sod them

I get what you’re saying however when it's comes to girls now, even If I think I like a girl. I usually get overcome with hated and resentment now and think sod them

Yeah i get like that a lot of the time. Sometimes i think what if i end up some lonely, bitter guy but then on the other hand i'm grateful that i'm not that concerned about girls because i'd hate to end up like some guys i've known who just go for a girl out of desperation and let them walk all over them (cheating etc.) and do something stupid like get them pregnant and end up stuck with them for life. It all depends on the experiences you've had with people, I've had experiences with girls that have made me hate them but not bad enough to hate them 100 per cent of the time, obvioulsy you've had worse experiences and it's pathetic that these people have left you feeling like this just because of you're skin . . . and by that i mean that they are pathetic, not you.

Great post. I'm happy for you.

However, saying that acne will just stop at a certain time in your life is not at all true.

It might be for you, but unfortunately for some people, it is not.

Still, It's good to know that there is a success story - just don't let it revolve on revenge and isolation.

Cheers to life!

Unfortunately acne will not end for some people. Some people on this forum are in their 50s and still get breakouts.. neutral.gif

Please don't say such things. I still have hope.

Please don't say such things. I still have hope.

Sorry. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I just want to be realistic for people here and for my own sake.

Guest DellHell

I'm so jealous of you OP. I remember about two or three years ago I also had my account deleted because my acne had finally improved big time (I was 23).

Now I'm back and it seems I'm gonna be a full-time member again because of problems I made myself. If I can give you any advice, I'll just say that you should never inspect your skin up-close ever. Just look in the mirror as you normally would and don't get bogged down my minor problems such as a small blackhead that you could squeeze and turn into something MUCH worse later. Anyway I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck and best.

My skin is'nt what I could perfect I still see blackheads on my nose but I massive pores there and I got a few scars.

But nothing that will get my down. Worse things in life to have then that just glad my face is'nt cover in zits anymore. I used to have a complete face full of them

Congrats on leaving acne behind, however it happned for you... maybe you just outgrew it as you say. My acne is almost gone these days too...Im not sure if its something i can take credit for--Id changed my diet and skincare in the past year for the better--or if getting closer to 30 is just me 'outgrowing" it. Maybe God just decided to take pity on me , I dont really know but Im extremely grateful its pretty much burned itself out.

And please just try and let go of any resentment you feel toward the girls who made you feel bad about yourself...some girls are bitches, just as some guys are complete dicks. Some people are just bad inside...but plenty are decent, and a few are even worthy of friendship and love. Dont throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to say. This I have learned the hard wayrolleyes.gif .

Good luck in your future.

Edited by AmaraG

I'm so jealous of you OP. I remember about two or three years ago I also had my account deleted because my acne had finally improved big time (I was 23).

Now I'm back and it seems I'm gonna be a full-time member again because of problems I made myself. If I can give you any advice, I'll just say that you should never inspect your skin up-close ever. Just look in the mirror as you normally would and don't get bogged down my minor problems such as a small blackhead that you could squeeze and turn into something MUCH worse later. Anyway I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck and best.

Sounds like a great advice. I never had acne on my chest, until one time I was really stressed and scratched there a lot. Over the summer I had the worst acne on there. I could wear any low shirts!! I tried Clyndamicil, tanning, benzoil peroxide, and tea tree oil with no results. Finally I just decided not to touch my skin there at all, except very gentle washing in the shower. I haven't been getting acne there ever since :D