Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gapeachy

Dan's Regimen Plus Tretinoin....?

Has anyone had success implementing Dan's regimen and then trying tretinion. I am really interested in trying the regimen. A few weeks ago I was prescribed Tretinoin plus antibiotics for my moderate acne. The doxy made me very sick to my stomach and I didn't take it but a day. I'm continuing with the Tretinoin but I am experiencing the initial break out and am trying to very hard to manage it. I was wondering if anybody has blended the regimen and the ointment into a successful acne management system.

BP is pretty harsh on your skin, especially in the first few weeks while your skin adjusts, so my first reaction is to say that it wouldnt be good to combine the treatments. BUT i'm unfamiliar with Tretinoin so my response is made purely from an ignorant basis and only on gut feeling alone.

The derm put my brother on a 5% BP gel for morning and tretinoin at night, so I know it's possible to combine the two. However, it's probably best to talk to your derm about it, because everybodys skin is different and his is not sensitive at all.