Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Niall.

How To Temporarily Clear Your Acne Within 2-3 Days (For Mild-Moderate)

Zinc.

The answer is zinc.

Take it, and take lots of it.

I take around 300-400mg of ZINC PICOLINATE (must be picolinate) usually inbetween meals so around 1 hour after breakfast, 2 hours before lunch. Now i know this is an EXTREMELY high dose of zinc which is why i state it being a temporary fix. You DO NOT take this amount every day. I do this before a big event when i need to be 99% clear e.g job interviews, dates, weddings that sort of thing.

It will literaly clear you in 2-3 days if you do it right. Not only does it clear pretty much all acne super fast it gives your overall complexion a nice glow to it. Again DO NOT do this every day, you WILL harm yourself since this is overdosing, however in the short term it is perfectly safe. I do this maybe 1-2 times a month. Also remember that not all that zinc is getting absorbed maybe only 200-250 is getting absorbed. It is tempting to do this frequently after the success you will have but please do not it is not safe in the long term.

Also for additional complexion enhancing i suggest

-Niacin 500mg right before bed since you will flush temporarily

- Vitamin d3 2000iu

-Good multi

And get around a gallon of water each day.

My diet is also 99% clean year round but this has no effect on my acne whatsoever. I can eat super healthy ( i do it since i am a runner) and still have bad acne. However when i do the above i can eat whatever i like and have clear skin for a few days. The nice skin you will obtain from this will only last a few days unless you keep up the high dose (which i DO NOT reccommend).

Anyone who tries this let me know how it works out for you.

Interesting. I'd like to hear if this has worked for anyone else as a temp fix.

Yes i would too. I tried this with my friends and it did too work for them. One of my friends actually tried taking 300mg every day for weeks and his skin remained flawless throughout that period. When he got his blood tested a few months later he was low in copper (symptom of zinc OD) so he stopped taking zinc and upped his copper levels. As if by magic his acne returned and has done ever since.

I just wish it could be safe to do this long term. Next time i do this i will post before/after pics and you will see the difference. Every time i do it, my mom and other people ask me what ive been doing with my skin since it looks so nice. Some random guy at college asked if i was using makeup lol.

Nevertheless, it is better than being acne-faced all year round. This way i can be clear for special events. I plan on taking a high dose right before thanksgiving since i'll be seeing a lotta people then, so i'll prob post pics then.

Edited by Niall.

Why don't you try eating right, which in addition to clearing skin has benefits far more important than acne. And taking a safe dose of zinc regularly.

Why don't you try eating right, which in addition to clearing skin has benefits far more important than acne. And taking a safe dose of zinc regularly.

As i have mentioned to you several times my diet is almost perfect, yet i still have acne. As a sprint runner i have to eat very well to perform at a peak, and also to maintain a low bodyfat. My diet is usally something like this:

Meal 1

Oatmeal with water

Multi

Meal 2

Chicken/Turkey Breast (skinless)

Spinach/Broccoli

Meal 3

Whey Protein

Zinc Supp

Meal 4

Tuna

Salad (sometime with dressing but usually fat free)

Meal 5

Salmon/Chicken

Brown Rice

Meal 6 (pre cardio)

Waxy Maize

In addition to this i also drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. And get 30+mins of cardio each day. All of this supposed to be "good" for acne.

Obviously i eat more when participating in events etc. However it is usally just larger quantities of the above (lean proteins and good complex carbs)

I follo this diet 99% and whilst it has given me good results in the running department (faster, more energy, 6pack abs) it has not improved my acne at all.

Now i dont have bad acne, i woul say i only have maybe 3-5 zits on my face at any one time, sometimes none. So on my face is mild. However it is quite severe on my shoulders, chest and back, as well as on thighs sometimes (though not much).

For me maybe it is hormonal (i am 17), and i know your going to say "diet effects hormones", beleive me diet does not effect my acne. To tell you the truth i wish it did. I wish i could just eat right and have perfect skin, but for me it is not so simple...

People who "cure" their acne through diet need to stop being stubborn and realize that just because it worked for them, it may not work for others.

Edited by Niall.

All our acne is hormonal with a few exceptions such as food intolerances and pores clogged by topicals or environmental pollutants.

And have you tried avoiding the insulinemic whey? And the other powdered 'meal'?

And diet always affects acne. It isn't possible for it not to.