Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrtest

Acne & Scars (Pics) Thoughts?

I've never posted pictures of my acne before and would like to get some feedback plus options you think that could help.

A few months ago I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to get serious about taking care of my skin. For the past 3 months I've been using Proactiv morning/night, exercising every other day, and have cut soda out of my diet. I'm not getting as many new pimples as I used to, but still every few days there will be 3-4 that just show up.

I've also got fairly bad acne on my back, with a lot of scarring on my shoulders which look like light indentations. Then some on my chest and thighs and arms.

I'm not really sure what types of acne or what kind of scars I have. Some scars are indentations, others are brown or white.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

post-160485-0-09998200-1319080328_thumb.

post-160485-0-12396300-1319080346_thumb.

post-160485-0-05878400-1319080360_thumb.

I notice the pimples you have sprouted are not cystic, they look like whiteheads, so I would assume the pimples you get now are mild. I hope the proactive works for you.

Edited by LillyMay77

I don't think those are cysts or nodules. It looks like normal pimples that got inflammed and what I call "ripe".

Pimples above your lips and on your chins (at least for guys) may be caused by your shaving equipments, so make sure they are clean. Also examining those areas with your hand is not encouraged as our hands tend to have some dirt or oil which can further irritate the pimples.

I think...you may wanna consider AHA chemical peel for your back at a clinician's office or you can order a bottle from the internet and ask a close friend to apply for you. It helps to control back acne and also gradually fades those leftover red marks on the body. Alternatively, you can try the Dan's regime.

Hope it helps...good luck =)

Thanks for the info & clarification! I'll start changing my razor blades more often to see if that helps the pimples around my mouth.

The chemical peel might be something to look into. I originally thought peels were for people who were past acne, and were looking to clean up their scars.

I looked up cysts/nodules, I think the only place I get them (nodules, unsure about cysts) now are on the back of my neck, upper/lower back, and thighs. Hopefully this means the proactiv is helping keep them off my face at least. I've personally never had the desire to squeeze them but when they are on your back or thighs it seems kind of difficult to make sure you don't accidentally lean against that part of your back despite the sudden shot of pain it causes.

Just checked out Dans regime, and got some useful tips. Going to tweak what I've been doing, and see what happens.

EDIT: Ima do another 3 months of proactiv, and if I'm still getting regular new pimples I'll try Dans regime.

One thing I've been wondering is whats up with the the redness I have. Is it just from past acne, current acne, skin irritation?

Edited by mrtest

One thing I've been wondering is whats up with the the redness I have. Is it just from past acne, current acne, skin irritation?

Some of the redness is post-inflammatory hypopigmentation from past acne (it will fade away) but some of the redness is - as far as I can tell - seborrhoeic dermatitis (especially towards your ears, maybe some on your cheeks too). I think I would just go on Dan's regimen right away if I were you and maybe talk to the doctor about tetracycline if you haven't done so already! Hope that helps.

Edited by duendeni

Guest Timehealsall

hey man, when you lean your back on an object, does it cause the zit to pop?

It looks like the marks you have now are scars that will fade. A friend of mine uses ScarZone and loves the way it works. I, personally, have used Organic Unrefined coconut oil and jojoba oil on my scars and it has helped. Also, Manuka honey mixed with one of the above oils at night time :)