Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sithas15

What My Diet Looks Like.....

my diet now from when i was in high school is completely different. for one i never really cared what i ate since i was trying to gain weight and neevr gave it a second thought of what i was eating was doing to my skin. that has changed drastically over the years. for one i dont drink anymore milk but do still eat some dairy products, not a lot but some. i also comsume a ton of water which before i would maybe drink half of what i drink now. i didnt give up eating out but i do only eat out maybe once a week if not once every 2 weeks. ive learned over the years that restricting my diet to certain things 24/7 was not cutting it for me. for one thats not a way to live. what am i suppose to eat when i go out with friends or family a salad? not the way i want to live. anyways, here is what i eat on a typical day from breakfast all the way down to the snack before bed. i've also learned that vitamins go a long way. sure someone might tell you that if you eat the right foods all the time then there is no need for a vitamin. that is very true but also very hard for someone going to school full time or having a full time job.

morning: 16 oz of ice cold water upon waking and half of a vitamin

1.5 cups of oatmeal with half a fruit chopped into it( my choices are apples, pears, and bananas)

*if it is my day off from work i will eat 4 eggs scrambled, 3 pieces of whole grain toast and 4 slices of turkey in substitution

to the oatmeal

snack: 1 whole fruit, 2 slices of string cheese

lunch: whole grain tuna sandwich, one small bag of chips (baked)

afternoon snack: protein shake or protein bar

dinner: one 8 oz chicken breast, 2 cups of veggies, 1 cup of brown rice and half of a vitamin

about 2 hours before bed: either some cereal, another round of oatmeal or just a bowl of fruit

every once in awhile i will eat out. anything from mcdonalds to sweet tomatos is on the menu. i dont deny eating something sweet either but i make sure to only satisfy my sweet tooth. since eating this way ive noticed my skin has improved. i also keep my stress level down with exercise and keeping my mind busy with other activities. i used to over analyze my skin and never look at the positive things that may be going on with my skin. trust me ive been there with everything and anything on my face from the small but annoying zits to the huge, painful ones. there is something out there that can cure all our acne we just need to find out what works and does not work for us and taper a solution that meets our needs. its not going to happen over night but remember you are not alone. things will get better.

This is typically what I eat as well. & I love oatmeal!

As for eating out, I do eat out every now and then, but when I do, I prefer dos equis.

Lol just kidding, but when I do go out I try and pick someone that will have the least impact on my acne.

For example when I go to a cantina, I'm not going to order the ''triple cheese monstocity extra large burrito'', but rather some chicken tacos or a fajita.

Anyways, seems like a good overall diet, just make sure like you said to limit the dairy and also the gluten as well. :)