Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyjoe

Accutane Update With Pics! (Finished On Oct 31)

Hi Joe! wow you're skin look awesome. Honestly, don't worry about the "flushing" or redness. I think it looks natural and actually healthy. From what I can see, it doesnt appear to be many scars or marks on your cheeks, but I do see them on your forehead. Luckily, the skin is a lot tougher on the forehead and actually has a less tendency to scar (despite your chicken pox scar).

What is great for redness is manuka honey. I don't mean just any honey, but this particular type. It's not the same as even raw organic honey. Another great thing is papaya soap. It has a natural whitening effect- NOT bleaching- and my skin has lost at least 30 percent redness in the same areas you have redness.

Again, congrats with your skin! it's glowy and smooth. :)

WOW! Your skin looks absolutely amazing! I am 6 weeks into my accutane treatment and I can only hope and pray that I have end results like this... Congratulations! (not quite sure exactly what the proper sentiment is ha)

At least in picture form any redness you may be seeing doesn't come off as flushing- it just looks like glowy healthy skin to me! So awesome.

Hi Joe! wow you're skin look awesome. Honestly, don't worry about the "flushing" or redness. I think it looks natural and actually healthy. From what I can see, it doesnt appear to be many scars or marks on your cheeks, but I do see them on your forehead. Luckily, the skin is a lot tougher on the forehead and actually has a less tendency to scar (despite your chicken pox scar).

What is great for redness is manuka honey. I don't mean just any honey, but this particular type. It's not the same as even raw organic honey. Another great thing is papaya soap. It has a natural whitening effect- NOT bleaching- and my skin has lost at least 30 percent redness in the same areas you have redness.

Again, congrats with your skin! it's glowy and smooth. smile.png

thx for the reply! can manuka honey or papaya soap have any chanced at causing breakouts though ?

From my experience, manuka honey did not/does not break me out. It really calms my skin and definitely helps the healing process of pimples. It has natural anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties. I used it all over when I had a horrible breakout from a retin-a, and literally within a few days the pimples were completely gone. With papaya soap, I don't believe it's caused any break outs what so ever (my breakouts are more hormonal at the moment). In fact, everywhere (where there isn't a pimple lol) is glowy and smooth. I stopped using other cleansers/soaps on my body and only used papaya soap, and all the little clogged pores and pimples on my chest, back, and arms have completely gone. I was using Dan's cleanser, which was fine, but it left my skin dull looking and I still had many clogged pores. Now, I have 70% less clogged pores, and the main ones are on/around my nose.