Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ellisx

Is Using Bp Around Your Mouth Safe?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read through this post smile.png

I have been following the regimen for 6 months now and I am using Panoxyl as a replacement for Dan's BP. I have always avoided the area around my eyes and mouth as it says on the package. Now I have noticed in Dan's video that he applies BP generously on his upper lip and around his mouth. I have a few pimples around my mouth because I was afraid of using BP in case I would accidentally ingest a small amount (like while eating or if sweat drips from your upper lip into your mouth etc)

Could BP (or Panoxyl specifically) be harmful if ingested in small amounts? I can't seem to find any information on this other than websites saying that you should never apply BP close to the mouth, nose or eyes... Or is Dan's BP "safer" to use?

It might sound silly I know... but I keep wondering smile.png

Any experiences?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

xxx Ellis

I wear it around my mouth and I don't believe I've managed to ingest it so far. But yes, sweating may be a problem but again, when I'm exercising I havent experienced actually having the sweat enter my mouth. Maybe my lips are too big to prevent that happening grinwink.gif

And no, I would say that Dan's BP is NOT safer to ingest. Just dont get it on your lips. If you accidently do, you will soon know about it anyway, because it hurts!

hello Resery,

Thank you for your reply! Really appreciate your story! feeling safer now :)

x take care x

Ellis