Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dee.s198

Does Skin Eventually Stop Flaking From Bp?

Im on day 5 of the regimen and my skin is flaking a lot on my chin. Will my skin eventually get used to this? or do I need a better moisturizer...

I've been on a slightly modified Regimen for over 2 years so my face ought to be accustomed to Dan's BP by now. Back before I had to switch to the new moisturizer I only used Dan's (old) moisturizer once a day, with about 1.5 pumps of BP. When I switched to Dan's newer (yellow) moisturizer because I used up all the old I was forced to use moisturizer twice a day.

The new moisturizer doesn't work well for me. I use 1 pump of BP on my face twice a day, and 1 pump of moisturizer. The flakiness/scaliness was pretty bad in my opinion, and more of the newer moisturizer didn't solve the issue. Now I apply a somewhat thin layer of jojoba oil (thin enough that it doesn't add too much shiny-ness) on my face prior to applying BP, morning and night. This reduced my dry/scaly skin issues quite a bit, to a level that is generally acceptable to me.