Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Between

Seeking For Help For Severe Acne Scars And Neelding

An open letter…

I suffered from moderate to severe acne in 2005-2010. It became very severe when I was about 17-18 years old, in 2009-10. Now I’m 20 in a couple of months. I tried everything: I visited 4-5 doctors, tried creams, when they finally gave me a prescription for accutane.
It cured my disease eventually, but left me with shallow to severe scarring, deforming a good amount of skin on the right side of my face and shallow to moderate scars here and there. So the most disturbing scars are on my right temple (which has no normal skin left in a 5cmx5cm area) and the right cheek area and under ear.
Most of my scars, (and all of the severe ones), are bleach white. Please, I beg you, whoever you are, how can I at least get them my own skin color?
I live in a country (democratic though) that doesn’t have laser operations etc skin doctors that I could trust enough, so i wont waste my money, hope and time on those things. I'm unable to trust doctors anymore.
Because praying and over a year of psychotherapy haven’t helped (to my scars), it seems like needling is my best bet.

I was so depressed about this, that I was almost paralyzed at times, I mumbled, couldn't think straight (and mostly only about my scars), I
didn't care about how I looked, I dressed weirdly: had many shirts on me and a scarf covering half of my face. I'm serious. I wasn't a
young girl I should have been, I was a half dead broken mind using my ill body as a vessel between my lorn world with this sickness and
reality. I still float back to that state of mind, but I don't stay there so long anymore.
I'm not here looking for a 100% cure. Skin is skin. What life gives, time takes away. I understand that. I'm trying to soften them, get rid of
the white color (possible?) and hyperigmentation, and fill up the worst ones, or the shallow/moderate ones near them, so the areas
doesn't look so disformed.

I hope that this gets replies so that I can help myself. At this point I believe, that I can't heal mentally, if I don't even try to help my scars.
And if someone can realate to my story, feel free to open up.

Regards,
Between
Edited by Between

i can relate, but what more can you do but try your best. that is all you can do. that and do procedures to help over time. It's a slow process, and all you can do is the make the best of your day, whatever that is. the hardest thing is letting go out what could have been, and coming to terms with what happened. don't think ive mastered this. I struggle daily, but i do have good moments in between. As you start to see improvements you will slowly start getting your confidence back. Deep scars CAN be improved. You won't look perfect, but it will take the edge off the appearance of the sscar. Try things like subcision, there are even new treatments coming out that inject your own fibroblasts back into the skin, this might help shallower scars. Needling and subcision has helped bring color back into some of my hypo scars GL

i believe the only treatment that will help the whiteness is Recell (see my thread). i dont know where you live but Recell is expensive and you'd have to travel to europe or australia. when scars go white i dont think theres any other hope other than micropigmentation (tattoing with colour) which isnt easy to colour match on the face plus its not permanent

definitely start with the needling!!!!!!

it can bring back colour to white scars, look onthe internet there is enough cases of this happening

i prefer dermastamping for isolated scars

there are some great youtube vids to get info on dermarolling/dermastamping

within the first session of a trial dermastamp i got improvement.

in the white lotus vids on youtube, the man there says that dermastamp is better for removing scars, than dermaroller, but both do work.

this technique dates back from ancient china.

pls don't give up! This could be part of the answer, or THE answer for you

you definitely must take healing supplements, such as vit c and zinc whilst undergoing this procedure,makes a world of difference to your skins healing ability

Life can get better, and will, There is always the dark night of the soul, that humans will go through, but this too, will pass, and life will get brighter and happier.

dont give up!!

Thank you for your supportive replies. I appreciate you so much you can't believe.

I apologize my delayed message. I find it hard someway to come here. I'm not sure why, but maybe because this place has many people with the same problems as myself. And I feel partly relieved when I'm not alone but then again when I think of my skin I think it could only be worse if there were others too suffering this burden. Anyways from now on I'll be here regulary.

Question time... What kind of needles should I use? Can I get them from the pharmacy? Should I start from the edges or from the middle of the scar? Should I take vit C tablets too or just the cream? Should I needle once in a month or once in three months or what?

Between

Edited by Between

Seriously,

Could someone describe the needles, so I don't get the wrong ones? I know some wrote about diabetes needles, but not sure of the size and are those really what's usen to this? Can someone send a picture or a link to a picture to a needle used for box and rolling scars??

~Between

bumpppppppppppppppp

Where do I get the needles?

What type of needles? pictures?? links???

How often? every months? every two months?? every three months???

Should I even needle my scars? white, boxscars, depressed rollingscars?? sizes 2mm-1cm wide and depght maybe 1mm, I don't know, it variets. If I just woke up theyre smaller, if I'm tired, theyre deeper.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!! I'm so fucking creative I can't help myself

Hi Shigzi. Thank you for the video you posted. I don't know if I should start with dermarolling and I don't know where to order them either.......shrug.gif

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET YOUR NEEDLES??????

Okay thanks for the information.

but what size?

And besides Dr. Roller is a dermaroller and I was asking about needles.

ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT NEEDLES/ROLLERS DO PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM USE!!!! Because I don't need any made in china crap that doesn't last

thanks

Hi,

The information given to you is great bet there are a couple of comments that need better clarification.

The "Dermaroller" and Environ Roll CIT system has been horribly compromised with copies that are totally inferior. Bssically, the needles broke off or bent. If you feel you have to use the rolling system stick with the dermaroller. It has a better assortment of needles. But now you say your scars are around 1 to 2 mm. The problem with the rolling system is that the needles are spaces 2 mm apart. So, if you have a 3 mm scar the Dermaroller will only penetrate that scar only once with each pass. Totally not effective. Forget lancets and diabetes needles. Too big and can trash re-epiltheilized tissue. Same thing with a Tattoo procedure. Tattoo needles (used with coil machines) are made to penetrate the skin only .35 mm deep.

So now, what to do. You can get a tattoo needle such as a 5.5.00 or 8.5.00 and do better. And it might be around $4 compared to the $70 price of a Dermaroller. And you realize that you should dispose of the Dermaroller after each use, If you go into your skin at 1.5 mm you are in your blood supply. If you have blood on your tool it has to be steralized to prevent biological contamination. In this case it has to be gas steralized after it is throughly cleaned. In tattooing, we never save a needle for any client. Evey time a client come in they have a new needle.

Now here is the thing about bring color into a hypopigmented area........

Some organisatios (AAM) say atate you can "promote", activate" and stimulate melanosytes yo migrate into the white areas. And the say that by exposing the area to the sun, the pigment wil fill the white area. Hogwash, nonsence & BS. You promote hyperpigmentation if you go in the sun. Medical documentation says that melanocytes are nural crest cells. They don't devide or reproduce like skin tissue (kerotinocites). The do migrate, not at the rate as kerotinocites. And worst of all, they migrate in every direction. Which is one reason you get hyperpigmentation. The best result I saw was in a condition similar to road rash.

So, if you try to do it yourself, get the needles and seperate the pins with floss. I really never suggest that you never service yourself, but if you do this, it is inexpensive and penetrates as deep as the roll-cit,without the cost.

Don't expect to really see results within 3 months. If the problen is really bad, do the first two treatments a month apart and then wait over 3 months.

Hope this helps a little.

Best Wishes

Frank