Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

Red Patch Of Skin Under Corner Of Mouth

Hi everyone, there has been this red patch of skin, roughly about the size of a 2p coin under the left corner of my mouth for about 2 months, its only on the left side and is constantly red, no matter what i put on it, it is always there, and with my acne on my face and this red patch aswell i'm getting very depressed, why me :(.

It's a dry patch, although there is little spots on the dryness now, i daren't put anything on it or it goes even redder. As of today i am coming off of all antibiotics and topicals to see how my skin reacts, hopefully it starts clearing up on it's own. I am currently on duac, Manuka honey and lymeceline, although i have just started drinking decaff green tea today, will the green tea help, thanks Dani and everyone :).

When I get dry lips or cuts/patches on the crease of my mouth, I use epicuren tea tree balm. You can get it on amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Epicuren-Enzyme-Lip-Balm-0-25/dp/B005FQ66B6

I got this stuff when I started taking Accutane and it has been a GOD SEND. Tea tree oil works great to heal skin cuts, burns, and infections.

If you don't want to try that, maybe just some vaseline?

It could be perioral dermatitis. I get red, scaly, itchy patches (usually only on the right side) of my mouth when I come in contact with certain cosmetic irritants (or even things I eat, but less often). Usually lipsticks and chapsticks with a lot of silicones do it to me. Or things with heavy essential oils- like lavender.

The longer the irritant is used, the bumpier the area grows.

Edited by luckycat