Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I got inspired by all these logs on here to do one myself! If everything goes well (the blood test and if i'm not pregnant ;-)), i'll be starting accutane this friday.

Never ever thought i would take accutane, cause i don't have severe acne, it's mostly moderate (sometimes mild), but along with that i have really oily skin and a lot of blackheads.

I've used Dan's regimen for almost a year and it worked pretty well, but i really got tired of doing that every day and every night and my face was always slightly red and dry and it did nothing for my blackheads. So I went to a dermatologist today, and she prescribed me accutane!

I'm starting out on 40mg, but due to my weight (i'm slightly underweight) we might have to do 30mg, but only if i can't handle the side effects.

I'm really excited! Any tips from experienced users? wink.png

[Edit] Little info:

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 116lbs

Acne: moderate on face and mild on shoulders and back

Previously used: benzoyl peroxide, differin, diane35 (bcp). yasmin (bcp), and some other stuff i can't remember the names of

Starting dose accutane: 40mg

Edited by dreamer003

Some pictures of how my skin looks now.. Seriously, my camera makes everything look 10 times better, so it really looks worse in person, but this is the best i can do for now.. And sorry for the ugly morning face and hair and no make up.. Just got out of the shower *ieeekk*

*i deleted the photos, cause they were really ugly and you couldn't really see my acne anyway :P*

Edited by dreamer003

dreamer, we seem to have similar acne and if you check out my pics, you'll see that the pictures make me look far more clear than i really am :-) I am on day # 9 and its been up and down. Good luck with your course and i look forward to reading more about it.

Sascha

You are going to do so well on Accutane, and you made the right decision to take this medication. You have mild to moderate but persistent acne - you will be amazed how clear your skin will be and how much time and money you will save in the long run. Good luck!

dreamer, we seem to have similar acne and if you check out my pics, you'll see that the pictures make me look far more clear than i really am whistling.gif) I am on day # 9 and its been up and down. Good luck with your course and i look forward to reading more about it.

Sascha

I looked at your photos, your skin looks better than mine! But I believe you that it's worse in real life :-p

Will definitely follow your log too thanks!

You are going to do so well on Accutane, and you made the right decision to take this medication. You have mild to moderate but persistent acne - you will be amazed how clear your skin will be and how much time and money you will save in the long run. Good luck!

I really hope so.. Thanks anyway :)

Day 1

Just took my first two pills! Are you supposed to swallow them together, or fist do one and then the other.. Does it matter? xD

Also wanted to sum up some things:

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 116lbs

Starting dose: 40mg

Right now my skin looks really crappy, I'm breaking out on my left cheek.. Yughh, can't wait for accutane to kick some ass!

Edited by dreamer003

Congrats dreamer! The anticipation at the start is always exciting. Side effects are in full effect for me and they suck! But i guess that means the drug is doing its job. Good Luck with everything and i look forward to reading more of your log.

Thanks Sasch :)

I'll definitely need support here when the side effects kick in haha, but also can't wait for them to show up, so I know it's working :-p

Hey, you have similar acne to me and i'm on day 4, but my hyperpigmentation is worse. I know what you mean by it being worse in real life :) Bestt of luck!! I'll be watching.:):)

Day 3

Hmm no changes really.. Acne looks the same, skin is not dry, lips are not dry..

I'm using Dan's cleanser and moisturizer now, but I don't really like the moisturizer.. I feel like it leaves a greasy layer on my skin.. I think i'm going to try to find the cetaphil moisturizer.. Don't know if they sell it here.. doubt.gif

Well, not very much to update further

OKAY QUESTION: I've been on accutane for 12.5 weeks and I've had next to zero progress. Most of the underneath the skin zits. My skin got crazy dry but now it's not dry and it's "normal" now, it used to be crazy oily though. Is this normal it is it not working for me? :(

Uhmm.. I don't know? Did you talk with your dermatologist about it? Maybe you need a higher dose? And I've read people who only see results after 5 months or so, so hang in there :)

Day 5

Blahhh nothing happening.. I want dry skin! :-p

I've come to the conclusion that my skin really hates dan's moisturizer.. It makes me looks so greasy.. It just doesn't sink into my skin, it just sits there. I ordered cetaphil lotion and cetaphil cream, so i'll be testing that out :)

My blackheads are really noticeable now, cause usually i extract them like every few days, but i want to leave them alone.. Really, really hard... dry.png

Day 7

Well, still nothing major happening here.. I am really breaking out though, but i always break out, so i dunno if it's the IB or just my acne being annoying. They're all red bumps, but no whiteheads..

I love this new artist, Lana del Rey! Really beautiful song:

Great song surprised.gif it's great that you're a week ahead of me so I can compare my progress and side effects. I looked through your log and can't see any before pictures but I can see others have seen them. Do you have mild persistant acne or painful cystic like me?

Haha yeah! Although everyone experiences it differently, some people already get dry skin in the first week (*jealous*).

But no i don't have cystic acne, but it's moderate and very red.. The pictures i posted didn't really show my acne so i deleted them. I might try to take some better pictures.. If i dare to post them :P

Oh I know it's very hard to put out for everyone to see, although I must say now that I have done it, I'm glad I took the plunge so I can look back and see my progress through this course. I feel like nobody is here to judge me as we are all here for some sort of support.

Ah I really need to stop touching my face eusa_think.gif

Day 10

Aarghh my scalp is super itchy! And on my face i have this weird itch-like crawling sensation it's very annoying... And i'm not even experiencing dry skin yet.

I hope that this is the accutane, anyone have this side effect?

Other than that I don't really see much changes in my skin and my lips are still as dry as they were before the pills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSbqbUG8q94&list=FLPDuWywmmyLbcX-6VBU3Hag&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I've read in a few logs about the itchy skin and scalp. That doesn't sound too pleasant, although it should pass. But yes, that will certainly be the Accutane so I guess you could take it as a good sign. It's starting to kick in. smile.png

Strange Glue! I loved Catatonia, used to have a major crush on Cerys. I honestly think that the lyrics to Strange Glue are some of the best ever written. I used to think it was about a relationship but I read once that it was actually about their struggles with their record label at the time. I like the relationship analogy better so I'll stick with that. Hehe. Now, excuse me whilst I watch this video! biggrin.png

Edited by PaulH85

OK, that's really disappointing.. I'll stick to the relationship as well tongue.png Yeah the lyrics are great, I love it when she sings "when faced with my demons, I clothe them and feed them".

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance, it is very unpleasant and kind of embarrassing to keep scratching your head in public... Oh well, anything for clear skin right biggrin.png

Edited by dreamer003

Day 12

Lordy, last night was hell... My scalp was itching like crazy, at one point it even started to hurt from all the scratching and i was kind of relieved, cause then i was feeling the pain and not the itch xD

Anyway, couldn't sleep at all, so i got up and looked on the internet for home remedies... Found something about olive oil, so i grabbed my bottle and poured it on my head (warning: messy) and put a towel around it. And there i was, sitting on my couch at 3.30 am with a greasy head. After 30 min. i stepped under the shower and washed my hair and thank god the itch was gone!

Really, really tired right now...

Hey dreamer, sorry to hear about your itchy scalp, I've been having slight itchiness aswell, nothing compared to yours though.

We're almost on the same day(I'm on my 14th currently :) ) so we can do this together!

Yes, oil is absolutely brilliant for your hair, my mother used to put it on my hair when i was young, I still do and well tbh I think my hair is like one of my few decent features lol. Anyways best of luck going further into the course smile.png

Edited by restrictions