Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abomination

Trying To Figure Out What's Going On With A Popped Pimple.

Hiya, I noticed a small whitehead on my chin last night and proceeded to squeeze, poke and pick on it like an idiot. Now it's more of an open sore, but there's an completely white patch in the middle of it. It doesn't seem to be puss, because I can't squeeze it our or anything. Just wondering what's there to do about it at this point?

Ive had something very similar to what u are describing. What i used was a sa based cleanser and some glycolic acid cream on it for a couple of days and it helped out a lot. After using them the white stuff came out much easier.

Oh yes, the open sore with the unsqueezable white thing in the middle. Its sole purpose is to drive you insane, thats all. You look at it, and think, well surely there has got to be SOMETHING to squeeze out of it...so you do, and you get nothing except a great big sore. So then you manage to ignore it for a couple of days telling yourself 'its just teasing you....there is nothing there to squeeze...be strong"...and then on day three you give in and squeeze and again...nothing but an even bigger open sore. And so it goes on for 4 weeks.... Oh, I'm sorry....did I just think out loud?

It's best to leave it be. Continue with your daily washings and treatments. It'll heal on it's own, might leave a scar, but that's the risk you took when you decided to pick at it. Make sure you never ever pick, poke, pop or touch your acne. Also, if you want it to heal faster, go out and find some 99% Aloe Vera Gel. Put a small dab of it on the sore and let it heal it. It will sting, but it will heal it faster. Good Luck and please try your best to NOT touch your face.

When that happens to me I use some honey there and it seems to be good. I don't know if it heals itself even without putting honey but it makes me feel better that I did something to heal it.