Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
germanhalo

Going To Doctors With Bacne

I have bacne but it's not extremely horrible; but still enough to make me self conscious. I hate going to the doctors and tomorrow I have to visit. Sometimes, depending on the situation, they make you wear those gowns, what do you guys do to make yourself more comfortable with it, do you tell him/her in the beginning that you're uncomfortable because of it? Or do you just try to hide it and when it you have to put it on and do whatever, just feel shame and embarrassment? I know doctors understand that there are people with this problem but for us it's not normal. So, any suggestions?

I'm confused with your question...

I mean, they have to see it in order to help you.

Do you want it to get better or not? That should give you enough confidence and motivation to go in there.

Plus I can't imagine a dermatologist asking you to wear a gown- Are you going to a general physician for an annual or something?

If you are going to the doctor for a different issue (not your acne) then it is just normal to bring it up with them. They will fully understand what you mean by it. They might even help with a prescription or a referral to a dermatologist if you ask them. But if this is an appointment to see the doctor about the acne then again, you shouldn't feel embarrassed or ashamed by it. Acne is extremely common.

I'm confused with your question...

I mean, they have to see it in order to help you.

Do you want it to get better or not? That should give you enough confidence and motivation to go in there.

Plus I can't imagine a dermatologist asking you to wear a gown- Are you going to a general physician for an annual or something?

I wasn't going there for a dermatologist, I was going there for a evaluation and to meet a new doctor at this medical building, and honestly wasn't sure what I was going to be doing, so I was stressing out.

If you are going to the doctor for a different issue (not your acne) then it is just normal to bring it up with them. They will fully understand what you mean by it. They might even help with a prescription or a referral to a dermatologist if you ask them. But if this is an appointment to see the doctor about the acne then again, you shouldn't feel embarrassed or ashamed by it. Acne is extremely common.

Thanks, yea I talked to him and we discussed it, and the good thing was I was comfortable when he asked to see it and wrote up a referral to a Derm.. I know acne is common, but for me, I get rid of my acne of my face a year ago, and then after I came back from a certain place, I got acne on my back, and it doesn't feel or look right. I'd like to take my shirt off again sometime....

I used to get those big cysts on my neck about the size of a quarter. Tried everything , and was on high anti biotics for months- Actually made it worse. Read an article on Candida intestinal yeast infections and started taking 4 liquid capsules of pure virgin coconut oil a day for a few months.. It has anti fungal properties. IT Worked !!!!

Another thing I did was build up my friendly bacteria in my gut with PROBIOTICS. I used MERCOLA .COM. These little guys keep the yeast at a normal level. Overuse of anti-biotics killed off the bad AND THE GOOD BACTERIA- so now ya gotta throw the good BACK IN THERE !! Another good safe trick to try is 600-900 mg of GARLIC pills- unless you like fresh hot garlic in your mouth.

Still had moderate acne and backne, after cysts were gone. 100mg Vitamin b-5 or PANTOTHENIC ACID for 6 months, took care of the REST OF THE ACNE ALL OVER MY BODY ,by re-balancing my hormones. Seemed to me 2 different types and not both connected at all. Best of Luck. if it works for you ; pass on the trick to another one who needs it !!