Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RazorG

Which Moisturizer Do You Use?

It seems like I can't seem to find a moisturizer that works for me.

The Acne.org moisturizer and cetaphil moisturizing lotion both do a good job at keeping my skin soft and flake free but also make my skin very red.

I recently tried the Eucerin redness relief night cream which worked perfectly but then made me break out a week later.

Why is it so hard to find a decent moisturizer? =\

Please post any moisturizers that work for you even if its one of the ones stated above.

The best one ive been using is neutrogena oil free moisturizer for combo skin. Ive used the cetaphil one before i found that to make my face look and feel greasy.

I found the cetaphil one left a gluggy paste on my skin. I'm currently using Dan's moisturiser along with jojoba oil and I love it. Are you sure its the moisturiser that makes you skin red and not just initial reactions to BP? My face was quite red for two weeks when I initially started the regimen.

I also use olay daily defense with SPF 30 on top of Dan's moisturiser during the day as my 'sun' defense. I have very dry skin though so the double layer of moisturiser is fine, but perhaps you could try it without using Dan's? I know its listed on this site as non comedonic (sp?)

I use 2 pumps of cetaphil an 2-3 good squirts of olay the one with zinc an 3-4 drops jojoba oil.The cetaphil felt nasty on my skin alone but helped with dryness so now i mix all 3 of those and it works well for me but all moisturizer burns when your using bp an causes redness.

For me the best on is "Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream." Gentle on the skin and is non-condomogenic (will not clog your pores). Not sure if you can buy it in the US?

I have just recently bought Dan's moisturizer and it works great! I bought it not as a complete replacement for my current moisturizer but only to use it at night. During the day I need an SPF and I found what works best was Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15. Its very light and not greasy and the SPF rating is just right. Its not a very expensive moisturizer and its practically available in any store.

Guest pokemonster

superdrug simply pure light moisturiser.

For me the best on is "Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream." Gentle on the skin and is non-condomogenic (will not clog your pores). Not sure if you can buy it in the US?

You can purchase @ these online stores : http://www.skinstore.com/index.aspx and also here http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Avene_500107.htm

I purchased my Avene products from the SkinStore. I received free shipping and with returning customers you get a 10% discount on all purchases.

I use Avene Thermal Spray and Avene Intolerance Cream. Both are great products for extreme sensitive skin and also skin that uses treatment topicals or has had or is having treatments performed. I want to try the Avene Hydrance. I love the cream from them that I am using now-though it is a little to greasy for day wear or under makeup!

My favorite is a serum, not a moisturizer, per se...

PCASkin Hydrating Serum = pure awesomeness!

Never too heavy, always absorbs well, works with all other skin products and makeup. Can be used under another moisturizer if your skin is super dry or chapped, or at night. Helps buffer prescription retinoids if your skin is having trouble adjusting.

It isn't cheap, but a little goes a long way.

You can purchase @ these online stores : http://www.skinstore.com/index.aspx and also here http://www.dermstore...vene_500107.htm

I purchased my Avene products from the SkinStore. I received free shipping and with returning customers you get a 10% discount on all purchases.

I use Avene Thermal Spray and Avene Intolerance Cream. Both are great products for extreme sensitive skin and also skin that uses treatment topicals or has had or is having treatments performed. I want to try the Avene Hydrance. I love the cream from them that I am using now-though it is a little to greasy for day wear or under makeup!

Yes Avene Hydrance is great. Not a fan of all the chemicals in skin care but have to say that moisturiser is gentle on the skin. Wish they did a moisturiser here http://www.purelynaturalskin.co.uk I love there face mask and toner :(

Maybe there is another company selling 100% natural skin care that has a moisturiser that is non-condomogenic?

Hey, we're moisturizer twins! With the exception of my cleanser, everything I use is from Avene smile.png Highly recommended - I really love their products.

Edited by hotburrito

The best one ive been using is neutrogena oil free moisturizer for combo skin. Ive used the cetaphil one before i found that to make my face look and feel greasy.

same here. it worked really well for me through the spring/summer but now with the cooler air my skin in turning amphibian and it's not working as well as I'd like. Then again, this could be from using makeup recently which always messes me up.

Hey, we're moisturizer twins! With the exception of my cleanser, everything I use is from Avene smile.png Highly recommended - I really love their products.

Good stuff. Trying to use 100% natural skin care products now. But if you dont mind chemical skin care Avene are the best. Highly recommend as well.