Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrAnderson

Starting Accutane 10-19-11 Austin

Starting it tomorrow, tried like 200 different topicals (spelled wrong?) and tons of antibiotics, didnt work. I was suppose to start it 2 months ago but didnt feel like dealing with dry skin and the initial breakout but oh well. Hope it doesnt make my face to much worse met this super beautiful girl a few weeks ago...but I guess im suppose to post here everyday or something so ill try to anyways wish me luck!

im a 16 yo male btw...

Day 1

Nothing special today, probably wont notice anything for a few days.

Counted 18 do not get pregnant logos on the box, must be pretty serious

Day 2

I woke up and my whole face was dry, it might just be because it dropped almost 30' within the last day, but i found this good lotion thats like atleast 15 years old in the closet and the whole day my face felt like i just put it on (had the oily feel to it) so that wasnt a problem. Joints are starting to hert a little to... Nothing has changed with the acne.

also i have a question if anyone feels like answering, ive had acne for probably 5-6 years now and i have only had 2 cysts the whole time (i remember both times). Everyone seems like they have problems with cysts when they are on accutane, will i get lucky and not have that problem since its never bothered me before?

Day 8 (i think?) ive got no idea

face is perfect, dry skin isant a problem, lips are a little dry though but you can cant notice it, its just how they feel and I feel like im about 85 years old. I was in class today and bent over while i was standing up to write something down and i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to straighten my back when i was done.. its a bitch getting up out of bed to... i feel sorry for older people they can't get rid of it, mine will only last a few months..

Edited by mrAnderson

Hey man, im on day 11.

So far just dry lips, dry skin, bareable.

But i have noticed yeah pains in back, like if i bend over it takes about 5 seconds or so to straighten my back again, and about 3 times a week theres a sharp pain in my leg that goes away if i run or put pressure on it. strange.

it seems like all of your raised bumps will stop, either get dry and reduce in size then redness. then turn into a flat spot.

thought i posted yesterday guess not...

day 16 i think

everything is drying out, lips, skin, nose, eyes and the the joint problems are still pretty bad

@austin thanks man good to know im not the only one, and yeah thats exactly what the acne is doing, its all dryed up now. just have the ones that are under the skin now (they have always been pretty bad)