Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparksss

Is This Mild To Moderate Acne Or Severe?

I feel like I have pretty bad acne. I have had acne since I was 12 and I'm now 18 and a senior in High school. I went to the dermo when I was 16 and they prescribed me Differin 0.3% gel and Minocycline 2x daily 100mg. So months went by and my skin soon began to look better but I ran out of Differin due to my family's insurance changing. I stuck to my antibiotics 2x daily but my acne slowly returned and only got worse. Soon I was prescribed Retin A 0.5% cream and Doxycycline 2x daily 100mg. Retin A did not do much for me after 1 year of everyday use. I am now currently using Dans Regimen 1 time daily, I'm on my 4th week and wanting to know if this will help treat my current acne. I do not own Dans products. I am currently using On The Spot 2.5% cream, Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser and a Equate moisturizer(Walmart Generic) I am also still on Doxycycline 2x daily and have been for over a year.

post-160375-0-73256300-1319071972.jpg

post-160375-0-45957600-1319071973.jpg

post-160375-0-73256300-1319071972.jpg

post-160375-0-45957600-1319071973.jpg

Edited by Sparksss

Guest Timehealsall

we have similar acne. i would call it mild but sometimes moderate

I would say your acne is moderate. Have you been seeing results from usings Dans Regimen? If so, I would just stick with it.

Dan's regimine is helping some what, the only problem is the redness of my skin but I'm aware that this is a side effect. I'm curious to know, should I be treating my skin twice a day? I know that is what Dan says to do but it is very hard to get in twice a day.

If your skin is red, I would only use it once a day. I use Duac, and although there are other brands with the exact same ingredients, it works the best for me and I dont have any redness or dryness. If I use any other BP though I get bad results. Maybe trying a different type of medicine such as Duac would work well.

If you're into your 4th week of using Dan's regimen, I would recommend that you start using BP twice a day. Even though your skin is red, it should tolerate an increase in BP. Perhaps put less on at each application, but having it on your face 24hrs a day should make a big difference. I'm up to week 6 of the regimen and I'm almost clear now. I've been using the full recommended amount of BP since the end of week 3 and thats when I really started seeing big improvements with my acne.

My face still sometimes gets red on some days, but nothing to be too bothered about. It will all settle down in the end.

good luck with it all.