Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blondie Girl

I Bought Colorstay! Can You Help Me With...

I got Colorstay!!! finally!!! But it's a little darker than my skin... which is not good, but in my country soon starts summer, so then the tone is going to be fine...

- Do you know if i can combine it with a lighter foundation? Or is better to use lighter powder?

- Which powder do you recommend?

Btw, i loved the foundation! I got the "dry" version, because my skin is totally dry (because of differin)... and it looks very natural! you know, totally different from the others foundations i was using!

I got Colorstay!!! finally!!! But it's a little darker than my skin... which is not good, but in my country soon starts summer, so then the tone is going to be fine...

- Do you know if i can combine it with a lighter foundation? Or is better to use lighter powder?

Btw, i loved the foundation! I got the "dry" version, because my skin is totally dry (because of differin)... and it looks very natural! you know, totally different from the others foundations i was using!

Hey Blondie-

When you said you bought the "dry" version of Colorstay does that mean you bought the liquid foundation for " dry skin types"? or do they make a pressed dry powder form of Colorstay foundation?

Here are a few suggestions that I've used successfully to balance a color to match my skin. I actually always use 2 shades of foundation. My color tends to be more warm and cool in some areas of my face, which would imply I am indeed a neutral shade. Even so I prefer 2 shades mixed which in my opinion looks more realistic than one solid base foundation.

1. Purchase a lighter shade of foundation from the Colorstay brand and mix the two shades.

2. Purchase a moisturizer that has a non-chemical SPF in the formulation. Meaning the SPF is Zinc and Titanium in the ingredient list. Those two ingredients tend to cast a whiter pigment on your skin. Mixing a 2 to 1 ratio of lotion to foundation would result in a lighter foundation like tint. You could easily use a cosmetic powder over the tint base to achieve a nice matte finish.

It's great when you find a foundation/makeup that works for your skin type. It can be so frustrating!! Not only are you trying to match your shade, but also being aware of what is in your makeup becomes a full time job! Good Luck. I hope those tips work out for 'ya. Cheers!

Hey Blondie-

When you said you bought the "dry" version of Colorstay does that mean you bought the liquid foundation for " dry skin types"? or do they make a pressed dry powder form of Colorstay foundation?

Here are a few suggestions that I've used successfully to balance a color to match my skin. I actually always use 2 shades of foundation. My color tends to be more warm and cool in some areas of my face, which would imply I am indeed a neutral shade. Even so I prefer 2 shades mixed which in my opinion looks more realistic than one solid base foundation.

1. Purchase a lighter shade of foundation from the Colorstay brand and mix the two shades.

2. Purchase a moisturizer that has a non-chemical SPF in the formulation. Meaning the SPF is Zinc and Titanium in the ingredient list. Those two ingredients tend to cast a whiter pigment on your skin. Mixing a 2 to 1 ratio of lotion to foundation would result in a lighter foundation like tint. You could easily use a cosmetic powder over the tint base to achieve a nice matte finish.

It's great when you find a foundation/makeup that works for your skin type. It can be so frustrating!! Not only are you trying to match your shade, but also being aware of what is in your makeup becomes a full time job! Good Luck. I hope those tips work out for 'ya. Cheers!

I bought The colorstay liquid foundation for normal/dry skin because my skin is really dry because of using differin! ha!

Thanks so much for helping I'm going to do exactly what you told me!!! And then i will tell you my results!! And yes this foundation worked amazingly good! It doesnt look my face full of make up, looks very natural and least a lot of time!!! Yesterday i went to the gym and then I looked my self on the mirror and my make up was looking really good!!! Thanks for helping you are too kind :)