Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Future Of Acne Scar Treatment

I have 2 midterms today and this is the last place I should be but my skin is really bringing me down.

There seems that over the last 10+ years, there has been no advancement in scar treatments. The only one I can think of is Fraxel Repair which comes with many risks. There is a lengthy thread on scarless healing but years later, it is still not mainstream so we do not know the practicality of it.

Will the next 10+ years likely be the same way? Will we still be stuck with the limited and risky treatments out there? Im sure many of you guys out there are disappointed in the slow advancement in scar treatment technology as I am.

Is this generation pretty much screwed? I believe that there will be treatments in the future that will come with far less risks and will be much more effective in treating scars, however, I will probably be 50-60 years old. It would be nice to have something out in 5 years from now, when I will start to earn a decent salary.

Edited by AcnePwns

yeah afraid so, if we wait we could be waiting forever, its like watching paint dry. I don't plan on waiting for these advancements, I know theres alot of risks of repair but thats why i'm going to try hire the best and try use the best, its going to cost me alot of money though. Also the reviews on repair says 50% bad and 50% good, but remember that your more likely to write a bad review if you had a bad experience, some people just like to move on with there lives and forget these painful experiences. I guess one way of looking at it is be thankful we have more options, before you had dermabrasion or co2 which i read nuked your face and if you were ethnic basically you got no chance. I'm just going to use what we have now and do my very best at making this work.

I have 2 mid terms tmr, so i guess it's ok for me to be here shifty.gif .

There is an interesting article about stem cell used for scar repair, I think it holds a very promising future as stem cell technologies matures. Go check it out!

As far as I know, 2 ppl on this form have undergone this procedure, one had great result while the other had little.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/222851-stem-cells-for-acne-scar-repair-science-fact-not-science-fiction/page__hl__stem+cell__fromsearch__1

Edited by lianghaochen