Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gsolar9

What Is This And What Can I Do

Hey everyone,

I really hate that this is getting bad enough that I need to ask you all, but desperate times call for desperate measures. For at least the past 2 years, I've been getting this big red bump right on the tip of my nose every couple months, and I have no idea what it is, and therefore i'm not sure i'm treating it right. I think it's a cyst or nodule, but it's hard to confirm because google images likes to show the most extreme examples. Like I said, it shows up every 2 or 3 months and lasts at least 1 month, but I can't be sure about that, I'm always too focused on getting rid of it to time how long it lasts. It always shows up in the same spot, so I guess it might actually never go away completely. It hurts a little to touch, not like a burn but more like i'm pressing a bruise. It doesn't seem to ever respond to any acne medication, but instead gives me a giant middle finger and stays as long as it wants to. I don't touch my face and nose often, and I actually make special care not to.

I'm sick of this showing up periodically without me even knowing what it is or how to get rid of it, so can somebody help me out here?

post-160388-0-60560100-1318965090_thumb.

post-160388-0-60560100-1318965090_thumb.

Bump. Since I made this topic, the mystery acne on my nose went away and I didn't have a problem with them for awhile, but I've just gotten 2 more slightly above the space between my eyebrows. They aren't nearly as red or sore as the one in my OP post pictures, but i'm afraid they'll get there before long, and I still don't even know what they are or what causes them. I can't imagine they're from oily skin or anything, because none of the ones I've had are in parts of my face I ever touch. I really need some help with this, guys, these things have been showing up for years and I need to know how to get rid of them.

I forgot to mention in the OP post that i'm 14, average weight, eat fairly healthy, exercise enough to maintain my weight, and have mild acne.

Last plea for help here. The ones on my forehead I mentioned in the previous post apparently weren't the same thing as in the OP post because they didn't hurt, but I've got 2 new ones that i'm sure are the same. Unlike usual, I have 2 instead of one, but they're on my chin as usual. They're bright red, slightly swollen, and extremely painful, with tiny little bumps around them only visible very close up. I still have no idea what they are, and they didn't show any signs of coming before showing up at all. They literally just popped up overnight.

Come on guys, somebody has to at least know what these are. I've been getting these since 6th grade, so I feel fairly sure they won't stop any time soon, and i'd like to at least know what I can do to help get rid of them. Sorry about bad camera quality, my camera's acting weird.

post-160388-0-12420900-1326161565_thumb.

post-160388-0-21945800-1326161582_thumb.

post-160388-0-12420900-1326161565_thumb.

post-160388-0-21945800-1326161582_thumb.

Hello! First person to respond so please-do me the same favour and respond to my post? Okay. So-the one's on your chin. Firstly, I'll just say that the rest of your skin looks great-lovely even.

Firstly, what products do you use? I have had the same experience and I'd say this. This is slightly inflammed skin from a spot that wants to form.

If you use loads of products to try and get rid of it the dkin will continue to be inflammed. To me (and I'[m no massive expert so you don't have to take my advice) this looks like two areas that want to be pustules and finally dissapear but haven't been given the chance.

What I (only me personally you understand) would do.

1. leave your skin alone. no product

2. the spot will get worse (for a period only)

3.DO NOT SQUEEZE THE SPOT!!!!)

4. after two week the spot should fall off.

5.red mark will continue for 1 week. Apply honey to spots AND SPOTS ONLY!

6. red mark disappears

7. no more inflamed business again hopefully!

Hope this helps!

xxx

Hello! First person to respond so please-do me the same favour and respond to my post? Okay. So-the one's on your chin. Firstly, I'll just say that the rest of your skin looks great-lovely even.

Firstly, what products do you use? I have had the same experience and I'd say this. This is slightly inflammed skin from a spot that wants to form.

If you use loads of products to try and get rid of it the dkin will continue to be inflammed. To me (and I'[m no massive expert so you don't have to take my advice) this looks like two areas that want to be pustules and finally dissapear but haven't been given the chance.

What I (only me personally you understand) would do.

1. leave your skin alone. no product

2. the spot will get worse (for a period only)

3.DO NOT SQUEEZE THE SPOT!!!!)

4. after two week the spot should fall off.

5.red mark will continue for 1 week. Apply honey to spots AND SPOTS ONLY!

6. red mark disappears

7. no more inflamed business again hopefully!

Hope this helps!

xxx

Well, thank you for the reply and the compliment. Right now i'm running kind of a mess of products with no real regimen, but every morning I use Neutrogena Deep Clean gentle facial scrub and then wash my face with St. Ives Green Tea Body Scrub (just because I figure it'd do fine for washing my face). Afterwards I use clean and clear dual action moisturizer. On mornings when acne is hitting me hard, instead of the Neutrogena facial scrub, I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser, which is 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. Probably 3 days a week i'll apply Oxy Clinical Clearing Treatment, which is 5% BP, to any acne.

I think what might of caused whatever's going on was that yesterday I soaked up some lemon juice with a cotton ball and applied it to my acne, because one zit was being particularly persistent and I was kinda desperate. While doing that, I remembered that lemon juice was supposed to help fade scars, so I dabbed some on my chin and on a few other parts of my face. This is the only change I can really think of that might have caused this acne, though I don't know why it'd only make my chin break out.

Okay. Now I'm getting a better picture and I know from experience. Yes. You are using WAY too much product! You know as well as I do the evolutio of a spot. (what we call thwem in Scotland). This is without treatment 1.Tiny red mark.

2.Red mark gets bigger. 3 Red mark has pus in it. 4. Pus goes away. 5. red marks goes down. 6. Rede mark finally (annoying after a while dissapears).

What you are experienceing (in my opinion)

1. red mark forms. you stress out 2. you aply BP. red mark remains the same shape and size. 3. 2 months later red mark is flat but is still a red mark. 4. You are desperate and apply other products. 5. Skin becomes inflamed. 6 apply more BP etc. etc. Am i right? Maybe not BUT-try this. Tommorow, get up and crink water, enjoy a show and go to uni/job. FORGET ABOUT SPOT! Do this for two weeks. JUst buy simle cleanser, honey for 1/2 a day if you want. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY.STOP CARING!!!Come home, watch TV, play Uncharted (great game :) lol) drink GREEN TEA 10XS A DAY.The spots will hopefullybe gone in two weeks

1. Gentle cleanser

2/ honey

3.Green tea as a drink and water

4/ enjoy your life.

sound good?

xxxx#

p.s you look very cute, Are you american?

Okay. Now I'm getting a better picture and I know from experience. Yes. You are using WAY too much product! You know as well as I do the evolutio of a spot. (what we call thwem in Scotland). This is without treatment 1.Tiny red mark.

2.Red mark gets bigger. 3 Red mark has pus in it. 4. Pus goes away. 5. red marks goes down. 6. Rede mark finally (annoying after a while dissapears).

What you are experienceing (in my opinion)

1. red mark forms. you stress out 2. you aply BP. red mark remains the same shape and size. 3. 2 months later red mark is flat but is still a red mark. 4. You are desperate and apply other products. 5. Skin becomes inflamed. 6 apply more BP etc. etc. Am i right? Maybe not BUT-try this. Tommorow, get up and crink water, enjoy a show and go to uni/job. FORGET ABOUT SPOT! Do this for two weeks. JUst buy simle cleanser, honey for 1/2 a day if you want. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY.STOP CARING!!!Come home, watch TV, play Uncharted (great game smile.png lol) drink GREEN TEA 10XS A DAY.The spots will hopefullybe gone in two weeks

1. Gentle cleanser

2/ honey

3.Green tea as a drink and water

4/ enjoy your life.

sound good?

xxxx#

p.s you look very cute, Are you american?

Thank you so much, just having somebody tell me it's not a big deal takes so much weight on my shoulders. You were right about the BP, since it's kind of my panic acne cleanser I tend to throw it on whatever unidentifiable acne I get. And yes, I am American, thanks for the compliment. biggrin.png

I'd have to agree with Jesscakes, you're using too many products. Less is more. Honey's a great tool for healing, I use it am+pm as a cleanser/mask. Also it helps prevent/heal scarring! Make use of it before you end up with scarring like me. When I was your age I was reckless with products and it ruined my skin for years.

Also, you're 14 years old. I hate to say this, but your hormones are going to be all over the map, and there's only so much you can do about that unfortunately.