Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys so i have mild to moderate but persistent acne, mainly i have quite a lot of blackheads that eventually become infected. So I am on my 2nd week of accutane at 20mg a day, (im 185lbs) and i am begining to develop a cyst on my face? Besides the cyst I have virtually no other acne, All of my back acne is pretty much cleared up and i may have 1 pimple on my face besides the cyst.. I absolutely hate cysts, i get so sad when i went through this phase. I think im going to have to miss classes and go get a cortisone shot for this, i had a period of my life about 1.5 years ago where i got a few but besides that was the only time. Is this cyst being caused by the accutane? and would you recommend a cortisone shot? Im 19 at a university so that is why im nervous about being seen in public.

Your 100% clear (other than that one cyst) only 2 weeks in the treatment? Sounds like you just should spot treatment and get off accutane, if its only gone in 2 weeks i wouldnt imagine your acne to be that bad to be on it in the first place

Hey well its because its halted oil production, I have increased test levels so i produce a lot of oil and thats where mainly my acne comes from, but i was told if i was on accutane for about 4 months at 20 mg a day it should shrink my glands enough that i wont have my back acne etc any more.