Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tigerpixie

What Can I Use To Prevent Acne And Fade Current Acne Spots?

The first two pictures were taken today (my skin looks pretty red because I had applied tea tree oil on it) and the bottom picture was taken in early June. At the moment, my skin routine is:

(morning) Wake up

Wash face with Paula's Choice skin balancing cleanser

moisturize with Cerave

apply small amount of Burnout sunscreen

Wait about 10-15 minutes then apply makeup which is concealer and a little foundation

Night:

Wash face again

wait about 20 minutes and apply tea tree oil

About an hour later wash face with Neutrogena Acne Stress control scrub

wait about 20 minutes and apply Clearasil overnight salicylic acid serum

wait another 10 minutes and apply persa-gel as a spot treatment

I know that I'm probably putting too many products on my skin sad.png I just don't know which ones will work...I also take tetracycline, once in the morning and once at night. I drink a lot of water and try to drink a cup of green tea a day. I also watch my dairy intake, along with cutting down on fried foods and chocolate. I'm seeing the dermatologist in about a week. I have sensitive skin, along with it being combination. I was using an AHA cream in mid-June and I think that is what caused my cheek (mainly my right side) to breakout. It left some ugly spots and the pimples have yet to settled down. Any suggestions?

post-160340-0-83921100-1318901346_thumb.

post-160340-0-54500000-1318901353_thumb.

post-160340-0-92554500-1318901399_thumb.

post-160340-0-83921100-1318901346_thumb.

post-160340-0-54500000-1318901353_thumb.

post-160340-0-92554500-1318901399_thumb.

Edited by tigerpixie

1. I wash my face 3 times a day, becoz it gets REALLY oily. It doesn't overdry my skin, it just helps me to manage the overproducing of oil.

2. I would not use any facial makeup for certain time ( powders, foundations, bronzers, mineral or noncomedogenic, DOESN'T MATTER), let your skin breathe!

3. You're lucky that you don't get big cysts, there are just little red bumps

4. Talk to your derm abour hormonal therapy ( if u have not tried).

5. It is a good idea to change your diet.

Good luck :)

So many products that promote irritation, i.e, scrubs - whilst they're good every now and then for ex foliation, not good for everyday use.

actually the majority of the red bumps are just spots...and try to go without makeup as often as possible but I'm in high school and its hard...im already self consious as it is and concealer does wonders so i think its worth it. And my makeup doesnt break me out.

should I just use the scrub 2-3 times a week? should I use something different?

I went to the dermatologist today, and shes still making me take tetracycline twice a day...I've read that you're not supposed to be on it for more than a few months and she had me on it for about a year and half O___O then i stopped taking it in early June of this year and by the end of June, I started to break out.

Anyways, she wants me to rub Persa-gel (strong benzoyl peroxide product) on the spots and says that there is nothing I can do but to let them fade over time and cover them with makeup for now. Oh, and every time that I go to visit her (every few weeks) she rubs this stuff on my face and it literally "sizzles"...its a clear liquid and she applies it with a q-tip...she hasn't explained what it is, but I'm hoping that it's actually doing some good and not making my skin worse.

I don't use the scrub anymore, I wash my face twice a day, then at night apply tea tree oil, wait an hour...splash water on my face then apply BHA liquid...wait about 15 more minutes...and put crushed aspirin on the spots.

Is this helping? Should I do something different? I've read good things about the AHA on this site and I'm debating whether I should get it.

my skin at the moment: (all flat spots)

http://i43.tinypic.com/t7h66a.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/t03xjr.jpg

Honestly, judging from the pictures that you posted, you are really beautiful and shouldn't worry about your skin. I know it's easier said than done but I definitely wouldn't even notice your skin when talking to you.

My skin does not like tea tree oil or BP at all. I really like salicylic acid products best, but nothing too strong. Plus an anti-bacterial wash like cetaphil anti-bacterial bars. Why are you not using retin a micro (low percent, the lowest 0.025%)? This will help fade the old spots and keep you skin shedding the top layer. Your acne is similar to what I had in high school and retin a helped alot.

@Nicoelectric: that's so sweet of you to say <3

@cln: I've decided to order some but I wanted your opinion on which is better: cream or gel version? And what's the difference between retin a and retin a micro? Would my skin be suited better for 0.025% or 0.04% ? It's the spots I'm concerned about...although I still break out just a little and I have oily skin.

My skin at the moment:

http://i40.tinypic.com/jb1q9u.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/mkhulz.jpg

Edited by tigerpixie