Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please read and give me any helpful suggestions:

I have been getting these cyst like pimples on my face for about 2 years now. They arent all over my face, I get 1 or 2 at a time every couple of months. They always seem to come up on the side of my face. They stick around for about a week sometimes a week and a half then they either go away automatically, or I can pop the head. My questions is what can i do to speed up the process? If you've had these things on ur face, you should know how annoying and embarrassing it is to be walking around with this stuff on your face. I know there is no way to pop them because they are under the skin. I've tried BP on it and other over the counter spot treatment crap, with no effect on them. Is there ANYTHING that will speed up the healing time for these things? Or better yet, is there something I can take, a pill, or some miracle potion that'd stop these things from interrupting my life? =D

Please give me some answers from your own experiences. Something that legitimately worked for you. Please no information you read online and not first hand experience, chances are I read them too. I've read a whole bunch of crap all over the web, and I've tried most of those things they do not do anything for cystic pimples. If it worked for you, tell me about it please. Also, I know about cortisone shots.. problem is I'm poor and do not have health insurance, so cannot go to a derm to get them.. I am at a point in my life where I need to look professional most of the time, and these cysts really brings my confidence down. Even if it is just one on the side of my face. I would rather deal with 5 regular old pimples than deal with 1 of these deadly things. And I'm sure those of you who dealt with these, knows exactly how I feel. Im sorry for making this a long ass post, but I really need help.

Thanks in advance

Those are the same things I get. One time I had a huge one pop up next to my nose the night before a career fair. I don't know any secret potion to make them go away.

The only thing I've found actually helps is icing. I take an ice cube and go in circles around the cyst for 5 or 10 minutes every morning and every night.

I have actually preempted a few cysts by using this method when I first notice them forming under the skin. Ice them like 5 times in the span of a couple hours before bed and sometimes it's enough to stop them from appearing!

How long have u been getting those cysts?

How old are you?

Is it adult acne or ur still a teenager?

I know exactly what you are talkin' about, I've been dealing with those NASTY cysts for about 2 years, I am a girl, so I take hormonal pills. For you it might be some antibiotics ( if you have not tried them before), and of course Accutane ( that's the last resort tho).

1. Do not pick your face ( I know you do, lol)

2. Change your diet. It's really important ( go to Holistic health section).

3. Try antibiotics and Dan's regimen. BP works! You just have to be persistent with that regimen,stick with it and you'll see improvements.

Those are the same things I get. One time I had a huge one pop up next to my nose the night before a career fair. I don't know any secret potion to make them go away.

The only thing I've found actually helps is icing. I take an ice cube and go in circles around the cyst for 5 or 10 minutes every morning and every night.

I have actually preempted a few cysts by using this method when I first notice them forming under the skin. Ice them like 5 times in the span of a couple hours before bed and sometimes it's enough to stop them from appearing!

Pretty much what this person has said is going to be your number one thing. I've battled with cysts for a very long time. Creams don't work because they can't get down deep enough to treat them. Personally, I like to ice them and I take some Ibuprofen. The best thing I found is to let them be. I try not to cleanse them or touch them. Other than that, that's what has worked for me. I also like to use a Clay based mask on my face to help dry them out. I don't know if they actually helped, but it seemed to help with the redness and the size too. Hope that helps a little? Good Luck!

How long have u been getting those cysts?

How old are you?

Is it adult acne or ur still a teenager?

I know exactly what you are talkin' about, I've been dealing with those NASTY cysts for about 2 years, I am a girl, so I take hormonal pills. For you it might be some antibiotics ( if you have not tried them before), and of course Accutane ( that's the last resort tho).

1. Do not pick your face ( I know you do, lol)

2. Change your diet. It's really important ( go to Holistic health section).

3. Try antibiotics and Dan's regimen. BP works! You just have to be persistent with that regimen,stick with it and you'll see improvements.

I'm 22. So i guess thats adul acne?. I don't have insurance so I can't get prescribed antibiotics. :[

Or accutane not that I'd need that for 1-2 of these every couple of months. I wouldn't mind taking it though if it'll prevent them from coming. so fAr it looks like there is no easy way of curing them. The icing reduces the cyst for a bit but that's about it. Tue cyst seem to stay its regular size for atleast a week and a half.

Does anyone know if a physician can inject cortisone if you request it? Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it

Your diet may be the biggest factor in preventing cystic acne. I had it for years until I saw a correlation between the foods that I ate and the quick onset of the cysts. Foods that naturally contain molds and yeasts, such as peanut butter, peanuts and cheese, will make a cystic nodule appear deep within my skin within a few hours of contact or ingestion. Yes, I can just touch peanut butter and get a cystic acne bump within a few hours. I have to be careful about foods that are processed in places that handle peanuts, too, as those foods can also cause the same reaction. I do not have any other food allergies and I do not get hives or anything like that, just the cystic acne. I have found that applying an over the counter yeast infection cream, such as Monistat, to the cyst and surrounding areas overnight can help them fade a little quicker. It isn't a miracle cure, but it has helped me in the past. Because the nodules are so large and inflamed the infection beneath the skin can easily migrate to tissues around it so it's really, truly best not to press or pick at them, even though sometimes all you want to do is relieve the pain and pressure. Doing so can set up the right conditions for a few more cysts to develop in the same area. Hope this helps!

If your acne is mainly around your mouth its hormonal.

If its more on your forehead and temples, it has to do with digestion.

Something you are taking or eating is making the pimples grow and turn cystic instead of letting them come to head and go away.

If it is hormonal, the food that is doing this is food with hormones (non-hormone free meat/dairy and soy)

If it isn't hormonal, this food is probably something that you are mildly allergic to.

Start taking Allicin for overall acne relief . . it is a miracle worker, you will regret not trying it. Most likely you will see results within 24 hrs. However, take as much as you need even though the bottle says take 1/day.

If your acne is hormonal start taking Maca powder

If it is digestive (on your forehead) start taking a pro-biotic.

WHATEVER you do DO NOT go to the dermatologist or begin treating your skin with antibiotics. They screw up the balance of your body on the inside and then when you decide you've had enough of them, you're stuck fixing a problem that's worse then what you started with.

Thank you for those suggestions dermarollers123! I already avoid peanut butter, cheese, fast food and all other junks. BUT 2 weeks ago i remember eating a snicker bar with almonds and some other chocolate candy with coconut. I also had some greasy chinese food (egg foo young) that week :P

The cyst appeared about a day after that. So i'm pretty sure one of these things has initiated the pimple. I will avoid these things completely and see how long I go without another one coming up.

Holisticgirl, is Allicin a prescribed medicine? Or can I get it at a store or online? Does it help with cystic acne?

you can find Allicin in specialty vitamin/supplement stores or online (my favorite site is vitaminshoppe.com). . .i just buy the store brand. It helps with EVERY kind of acne. It is the strongest natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti everything bad natural supplement. In the past doctors have treated cancer and the plague with it. Its a miracle worker for people with acne. Once you try it you'll be hooked.

let me know how it works for you!

Hi there

I was getthing these big cystic breakouts, that were so embarrassing, and was ruining my social life!~

I scoured the internet. I don't particularly like benzoyl peroxide as i notice that it leaves scars when breakout heals. i think it makes skin more fragile where its applied, and so it doesnt heal up so well.

BUT THE BEST THING i have used is TURMERIC. I read about ppl using it for boils on their skin and how effective it is

I take a tspoon a day of turmeric powder, in warm water, with a drinking straw. find warm water much more palatable

its very cleansing to the liver

like you,i wasnt getting much acne, but one or two gigantic boil like pimples once a month, but mine hang around longer than a week or so. I would end up popping it, and it would go down MUCH quicker, but always possibloity of scarring

i also applied turmeric to my face, but find taking it internally works WAYYYYY better, plus turmeric applied topically stains everything. but it does work for topical application, just noticed that internally working a charm!!!

i am soooooo pleased, my skin is even glowing!!

let me know if you do try it

turmeric is just amazing, and has soooo many other health benefits

Not one breakout to report, 100% acne free, and this is the most susceptible time of the month for me, around ovulation, and then again around period time.

Thanks hollisticgirl for that amazing info. I went and did some research on Allicin, and found that eating raw garlic cloves will give me the allicin! So.... I actually took 2 raw garlic cloves, crushed them, popped em in my mouth and chased it with vegetable juice! haha it was pretty nasty but we'll see how the allicin helps. I plan to eat about 3-4 of these bad boys for about a month (if i can take that damn smell)!! -_- Then i'll cut it down to just 1-2 or switch to the Allicin pills.

Girlie, thank you for your recommendation. I will go and buy some turmeric powder asap. I'm desperate and will try anything that was effective for others. One of these method might end up working right?? :) I'll update on how these two methods have helped with the cyst.

Thank you again for your suggestions, I really do appreciate it.

Oh Girlie I also wanted to ask, where exactly can i purchase turmeric powder?? Can i get em online? Or some Indian store? lol

Also, when you mix it in water, do u have a glass full of water or just half? And is the taste disgusting? neutral.gif I mean you think its tolerable? lol sorry for all these questions...

hi lonewolf

yes a spice shop shop or asian

use as much water as you find palatable. i use warm water

not disgusting. kinda bland

Thanks girlie.. I started drinking the turmeric powder mixed in hot water. Its not really bad, I can take the taste. Lets see how this works out. Hopefully i'll wont get another of those cysts from drinking this stuff!

I'm also taking 50mg of zinc everyday.. Heard its supposed to help with cysts. I ordered the Allicin capsules from Alligin company.. It didnt arrive yet.. I'll take 2 of those everyday morning and night. (i found eating raw garlic cloves to be very challenging, so im just gonna spend a little more and take the capsules)

I'll keep updated if I get any outbreak of cysts. Thanks for all the help

I used to get those big cysts on my neck about the size of a quarter. Tried everything , and was on high anti biotics for months- Actually made it worse. Read an article on Candida intestinal yeast infections and started taking 4 liquid capsules of pure virgin coconut oil a day for a few months.. It has anti fungal properties. IT Worked !!!!

Another thing I did was build up my friendly bacteria in my gut with PROBIOTICS. I used MERCOLA .COM. These little guys keep the yeast at a normal level. Overuse of anti-biotics killed off the bad AND THE GOOD BACTERIA- so now ya gotta throw the good BACK IN THERE !! Another good safe trick to try is 600-900 mg of GARLIC pills- unless you like fresh hot garlic in your mouth.

Still had moderate acne after cysts were gone. 100mg Vitamin b-5 or PANTOTHENIC ACID for 6 months, took care of the REST OF THE ACNE by re-balancing my hormones. Seemed to me 2 different types and not both connected at all. Best of Luck. if it works for you ; pass on the trick to another one who needs it !!

I have suffered from those large painful cysts that you're talking about for years. Here is what I've found to help me personally: I stopped using medicated cleansers and started using all natural ones. (The one I'm using now is Avalon Vitamin C face cleanser.) When I get a painful cyst I take Aleve to help reduce the swelling of it a bit faster. I've always used a daily moisturizer with sunscreen in it but recently (because I'm in my late 30's) decided to try one with retinol in it. I've noticed smaller pores and a significant reduction of oil in my T-zone. Lastly, I quit using the medicated spot treatments and started using a natural product called SanaFela over a year ago. I love this stuff! It's a tangerine based cream you wear at night that reduces oil production caused by your sebaceous glands. It works as a preventative and has made a huge difference for me.

Keep in mind none of these things are miracle cures. You will have to find what works best for you and your skin will change as you age. I discovered that any medicated products were doing more harm than good by making my skin red and irritated. (I think those products are more geared towards younger people with pimple problems and not cystic acne.) I read from an online dermatologist that milk consumption can be a trigger as well. I've cut milk out of my diet since then. My skin is not perfect but it has certainly improved immensely. The Avalon and Aleve you can buy at most drug stores. The tangerine cream can be bought online at the website; sanafela.com.

By the way, I have found that cortisone injections can also be administered by an esthetician. After I lost my health insurance and could no longer see a dermatologist I discovered a local spa that, in addition to the usual facial treatments those kind of places offer, also provided cortisone injections at something like 30 bucks a pop. Good to know in case an urgent situation comes up.

I have suffered from those large painful cysts that you're talking about for years. Here is what I've found to help me personally: I stopped using medicated cleansers and started using all natural ones. (The one I'm using now is Avalon Vitamin C face cleanser.) When I get a painful cyst I take Aleve to help reduce the swelling of it a bit faster. I've always used a daily moisturizer with sunscreen in it but recently (because I'm in my late 30's) decided to try one with retinol in it. I've noticed smaller pores and a significant reduction of oil in my T-zone. Lastly, I quit using the medicated spot treatments and started using a natural product called SanaFela over a year ago. I love this stuff! It's a tangerine based cream you wear at night that reduces oil production caused by your sebaceous glands. It works as a preventative and has made a huge difference for me.

Keep in mind none of these things are miracle cures. You will have to find what works best for you and your skin will change as you age. I discovered that any medicated products were doing more harm than good by making my skin red and irritated. (I think those products are more geared towards younger people with pimple problems and not cystic acne.) I read from an online dermatologist that milk consumption can be a trigger as well. I've cut milk out of my diet since then. My skin is not perfect but it has certainly improved immensely. The Avalon and Aleve you can buy at most drug stores. The tangerine cream can be bought online at the website; sanafela.com.

By the way, I have found that cortisone injections can also be administered by an esthetician. After I lost my health insurance and could no longer see a dermatologist I discovered a local spa that, in addition to the usual facial treatments those kind of places offer, also provided cortisone injections at something like 30 bucks a pop. Good to know in case an urgent situation comes up.

Thanks a lot priceless.. I will definitely go and buy the avalon cleanser, because the current one i think has some chemicals. Its st ives apricot cleanser or something like that. Also thanks for informing me about the cortisone shots done by spas. I never thought they'd be offering those!! I really appreciate it.

The cyst has basically disappeared now. Its been like 3 weeks so i guess it ran its full course. I did start to take the zinc 50mg per day and i think it did sped up the recovery process. Currently I'm taking: 50mg zing per day, 2 allicin capsules per day, and drinking 1 tbspn of turmeric powder mixed in water.

Im also trying to avoid all cheese/dairy food, and processed food.

I have one small pimple at the moment (not a cyst thank God). I am going to see if I get another cyst following this regimen.

Edited by Lone_Wolf