Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reality

Anyone Else Reluctant To Use A Moisturizer...?

Yep. If you have oily skin, you don't need to moisturize heavily at all, so just stick with something very light. Lots of acne-prone individuals are susceptible to comedogenic ingredients too. You have to be SUPER careful.

I am terrified of moisturizer. I'd rather just be careful with my skin and deal with a little bit of dryness than worry about more zits...

i stopped using a moisturizer after i stopped using my prescription cream, which was probably like 6 months ago. my skin hasn't gotten dry, but winter is coming so i might have to start researching some good ones, but i don't want any breakouts/shit that makes my red marks flare up.

and that avy looks offly familiar, brah.

Definatly, every single time i use moisturizer my face looks worse.

It gets red, blotchy, shiny and all red marks look a million times worse.

I have tried probably around 20-30 diff moisturizers too so it must just be my skin. Now i use moisturizer maybe once a month and always regret it when i do lol

My skin barely ever gets dry and moisturizer doesn't seem to do a thing for me. I have tried all the 'best' moisturizers and none of them benefit my skin really. The only moisturizer I use is stuff for my eye area.

Well my skin gets extremely oily and moisturizing products definitely make it worse which causes breakouts. However I've found out that the oils in moisturizers were the cause of my displease with them. So I've found that the best moisturizers moisturize with water and are plant based. These tend to be very neutral and very rarely cause breakouts. They will do you no harm in trying them. Examples are Aloe vera and vegetable glycerin masks at night. I use both of these and they work to moisturize my face but they don't cause breakouts. If you have to moisturize use these.

Wow I am in the minority here, but I LOVE moisturizer. I can't imagine not using it. It's crucial to find the right formulation, consistency, and active ingredients for your skin. Everyone is different, and acneic skin is trickier to find the right product for. But trust me, if you find the right moisturizer you will see an amazing improvement in your skin. Moisturized skin has also been shown to age slower than un-moisturized skin. Can't live without it.

I don't moisturize mainly because my face isn't particularly dry. Shaving every other day exfoliates my skin and AHA deals with any flakiness (used every few days). Whenever I've moisturized in the past, it has always broken me out.

Because your not sure if it's actually helping your acne...?

can i reccomend a good and effective easy moisturizer to use, i tried all different moisturizers that never worked for me such as e 45, aveeno, nivea etc... I came across this spray on moisturizer really works and easy to use. I have been using this ever since i will send a link. http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1687/5449/Skin-Care/Moisturizers/Moisture-Surge-Face-Spray/All-Skin-Types/index.tmpl