Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick1988

Suddenly Started Scarring (Possible Causes: Age, Sun?)

Hi,

I recently moved to California (from Norway), and just realized that I've gotten a couple of rolling scars on my cheeks (I don't think they were there before, but I can't be sure - they're only visible in certain lightning).

I was wondering if maybe the fact that the sun is much stronger here than I'm used too is what caused my acne to scar? I haven't had any problems with ance scarring before, but now it seems like every acne I get leaves a scar.

(I've already booked an appointment with a dermatologist, but I'd like to hear from you guys as well)

Thanks whistling.gif)

Edited by Nick1988

nah only if you have a newly developed scar, because what the sun does it drys up the scar tissues under the skin to lock it in place before its fully heal, which leads to scaring, but it should be fine if your scar has been their for a while, its acutally healthy for the skin for vitmin D

Well, that's the problem, the scars are new. Usually I just get a dark spot after I pop a zit, but now more often than not that dark spot also is accompanied by a scar (boxcar or rolling I think). This just suddenly started happening when I came to California, but I dunno if it's because I'm just more prone to scarring now (just turned 23), or if the sun is to blame.

Edited by Nick1988

Guest Timehealsall

nah only if you have a newly developed scar, because what the sun does it drys up the scar tissues under the skin to lock it in place before its fully heal, which leads to scaring, but it should be fine if your scar has been their for a while, its acutally healthy for the skin for vitmin D

how much sun exposure are we talking about here?

Well, that's the problem, the scars are new. Usually I just get a dark spot after I pop a zit, but now more often than not that dark spot also is accompanied by a scar (boxcar or rolling I think). This just suddenly started happening when I came to California, but I dunno if it's because I'm just more prone to scarring now (just turned 23), or if the sun is to blame.

d

did you ever go through a period of severe stress (recently)? Did you take antibiotics when u moved to cali?

Well, at first quite a lot of sun exposure (through car windows etc, the UVA rays), and I didn't really use sunscreen because I already had a tan from the summer. Later on I've been mostly staying inside out of fear of getting too much sun on my biggest scar (Tried a TCA peel for it, but I accidentally touched one of the peeling skin flakes and now it's about 3 cm larger).

No antibiotics, but I've actually been really stressed/depressed since maybe mid september due to the fact that the night before I left I popped a zit, which was the first to turn into a (huge, talking like 5 cm length) rolling scar, and the other scars just kept coming after that.

Right now I'm just trying to feel positive about it, but it's pretty damn hard.

Edited by Nick1988

How old does the scar have to be to be considered "new"?

scars should heal 3 to 6 weeks depending on the person life style food , genetics, you can usually know your healing effect by colouration and when the scabs falls off.

people who work out have a faster regenration rate

scars heal but collegen takes up to 9 months to heal after derma rolling etc.

scars should heal 3 to 6 weeks depending on the person life style food , genetics, you can usually know your healing effect by colouration and when the scabs falls off.

people who work out have a faster regenration rate

scars heal but collegen takes up to 9 months to heal after derma rolling etc.

I have a quite a few "scars", but where the scars are there are also red marks. Does that mean they could be healing?

red and purple marks are signs of healer from below the surface, usually takes 9 months for it to completely heal if the marks last longer than 9 months its consider a scar, due to the effect of the skin trying to heal from the scaring but forming an inferrior quality skin. This is all i know from my 7 years of studying my own skin and research that i have found out so yeah i hope this helps.

red and purple marks are signs of healer from below the surface, usually takes 9 months for it to completely heal if the marks last longer than 9 months its consider a scar, due to the effect of the skin trying to heal from the scaring but forming an inferrior quality skin. This is all i know from my 7 years of studying my own skin and research that i have found out so yeah i hope this helps.

You just made my night, thanks!

Sorry for the double post, but I believe I found something important.

Turns out that being depressed slows down wound healing, and my bet is that this is what caused my acne to scar all of a sudden. I popped a zit I shouldn't have which caused a scar, but it got bigger because I was depressed about it. Also, being depressed for about a month now made me realize that all the subsequent scars I got probably also came from being depressed.

So: If you're scarring from acne (and still have active pimples etc), try not to worry about the scars - and maybe more won't come! I'm going to ask my dermatologist if he thinks this is a plausible explanation on friday, and will let you guys know!

By the way, just as a 'keep your head up': I know exactly how it feels to suffer from acne scarring, it's terrible. But think about it this way: When you finally beat them, you're going to be a much better person from it!

Guest Timehealsall

Is there anything we can do to promote healing of these marks? I.E. applying anything to them (aloe vera?) or what type of supplements we should be eating?

nick i used to think the same thing (i actually had severe stress/depression for about a year) but i don't think it causes you to scar...

Also, when you were depressed, did you pop ALL of your pimples? or did some pimples u never pop scar as well?

I did pop one pimple that left a scar, but some others I never touched and they left scars as well. This is really weird, since I never used to scar before this (at least not noticably). The only difference from today and a couple of months ago is that I popped a zit that was really not ready, which left me with a huge scar - and my guess is that this scar made me stressed/depressed, which again made all my subsequent pimples leave scars as well.

Other than that, I have no idea. Maybe my body just decided to fuck with me tongue.png

Edited by Nick1988

pimples that form some are fine but some get infected under the follicles and begins to infect under the surface i believe they eat away the colleges which will lead to depressed skin, its important to maintain a healthy diet and also vitamin d from the sun, led light also has known to help with collagen production egf cream some are good some clog pores, oral vitamins are good if your depressed doesn't help to work out and exercise will produce chemicals in your brain to make you feel happy. Also athletes have faster regeneration rate ;) due to exercise / food diet /

im currently using bio-oil and healthy diet working out also , ive just started rolling my scars with 1.5mm im repeating it once ever 3 months, too soon to see any results yet. i didnt apply my bio-oil until 1 day later after rolling. since the needles drew blood.

~when my skin heals my spirit will to

natural way to try get rid or fade remarks lemon juice and water/ tea tree is good also alovera is awesome / bio oil

Edited by Syn1122

We all need vit d from the sun and the other healthful giving benefits

BUT I never allow my face to be exposed to the sun. Always cover up with sunscreen (if I dont have my hat handy i use sunscreen) The sun is too aging on the face, and will break down collagen.

Of course, sunning other parts of my body like my arms or legs is fine, and i can still enjoy the sun that way, but protect your skin as best you can, esp your face!!

Okay, just came back from the dermatologist and he said that the reason was most likely that once one reaches adulthood the skin loses some of its ability to heal. So I guess acne will scar easier, which is a bummer :P

Hi,

I recently moved to California (from Norway), and just realized that I've gotten a couple of rolling scars on my cheeks (I don't think they were there before, but I can't be sure - they're only visible in certain lightning).

I was wondering if maybe the fact that the sun is much stronger here than I'm used too is what caused my acne to scar? I haven't had any problems with ance scarring before, but now it seems like every acne I get leaves a scar.

(I've already booked an appointment with a dermatologist, but I'd like to hear from you guys as well)

Thanks whistling.gif)

I am wondering if the sun exposure to your skin is depleting your collagen. I can be wrong. I would stay out of the sun at all costs or use good sun screen. The sun does not do anything good for your skin

Hi,

Thanks whistling.gif)

I am wondering if the sun exposure to your skin is depleting your collagen. I can be wrong. I would stay out of the sun at all costs or use good sun screen. The sun does not do anything good for your skin

Vitamin D?

I haven't had any problems with ance scarring before, but now it seems like every acne I get leaves a scar.

You're not using benzoyl peroxide are you?

Nah man. I think I'm just getting older (that's my derm's suggestion anyway). I try not to worry too much about it, just enjoy living in Cali ;)

Try Dan's AHA. I've been using it every night for a couple of years or so. It has healed some of my rolling scars more or less completely, and I expect it to heal all of them eventually. Stoked!

Guest Timehealsall

bitchplease, why did you ask him if he was using BP? Did the BP scar you as well??

i think sun exposure is fine (like 30-40 mins) but anything past that is harmful

I'm like 95% sure it did. It definitely slowed down the healing of red marks SIGNIFICANTLY (before BP they disappeared after a day or so, on Dan's regimen it could take more than a year!), so I'm pretty sure it ruined the overall healing ability of my skin and gave me real scars too. I also believe it gave me some wrinkles.

Despite the warnings of people online I did not seriously consider that the BP could be doing this doing this until I began to notice that even the tiniest pimple would leave a hole in my skin after its death. This NEVER happened before BP.