Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markronan

How Much Should I Use For Mild Acne?

I have just ordered a kit for the first time after using exposed skincare for 14 months and loads of other stuff including antiobiotics before that.

Ive been looking around on here and on youtube at videos about the regimen and it says use 3 full pumps of each and some say you have to use even more moisturizer since they changed it. I have mild kinda moderate acne. I always have at least 10 spots on my face. But using that much BP seems over the top. Looking at the amount of BP thats comes out with one pump 3 pumps seem ridiculous. My skin is used to BP because i used exposed skincare but a 50ml bottle of exposed would last me 6 weeks using once a day. Acne.org BP says use 4ml twice a day, it seems too much. Would 1 1/2 pumps of each product be enough for mild acne. Replies would be appreciated thanks.

I use 1 finger length twice a day which i believe is two pumps worth and I've been getting good results. Perhaps just try and see how you go? Either way you need to start slow and build up, even if you have been using BP products in the past. Your skin wouldnt have been exposed to the amount recommended in the regimen. Lots of BP is the trick to the whole thing working though, so try not to fool around with it too much. Perhaps you could try building up to the full recommended amount (even if it does feel too much) and then when you are completely clear for a while, start reducing the amount of BP you use and see what the result is.

As for Dan's moisturiser, I have very dry skin anyway, so two pumps with jojoba oil is perfect for me and I love the 'cooling' feel it has on my skin. I still wake up in the morning with dry skin though, but I'm used to that. I used to have that happen even before following the regimen.

Good luck with it, and I hope you get the results you are aiming for.

I know the pumps thing is kind of confusing. At one point they had a pump with a "head" smaller than a quarter (I'm talking 25 cents here, not 1/4), and that one only needed 2 pumps. Then they switched to a pump with a "head" bigger than a quarter (again, 25 cents), and that one needed 3 pumps. A few months ago they switched back to the first pump so once again it's only 2 pumps for the Regimen - but they haven't backtracked and fixed their videos / all their instructions a second time.

Moral of the story is, "head" smaller than a quarter - use 2 pumps.

Thanks, yes i have the old pumps and i have been using about 1/3 of a finger of BP and about a pump each of the moisturizer and cleanser which is loads for now. I only started this 2 days ago and its going fine so far. The moisturizer kinda leaves a slight yellow tint on your skin. Maybe i just didnt rub it in enough cos i noticed this today. I doubt i will ever use the full amount of BP cos my acne is not inflamed or bad its mild but it ruins my confidence and its a hassle.

Ok but however much you settle on, build up to it slowly. I know both Resery and I were one of those people that started too quickly and experienced awful side effects due to this so we both try to get people to take it slow as much as we can :)

Ya know, the moisturizer does kinda leave a yellow tint.. depending on your skin color it will either be obvious or not at all... I've got yellow-ish skin already so I just look more tan and I enjoy that haha. But that's generally with using a lot of it that it leaves a yellowy tint.

Ya my skin is tinted yellow and im pretty sure im rubbing it in enough. The yellow moisturizer has stained the plastic and paper labels on the bottles because it leaked in transit. I thought the stains would come off the plastic but they dont with even with antibacterial sprays and alcohol. Its kinda worrying that the moisturizer stains plastics and it wont come off. It better not stain my skin. What you guys think?

It wont stain your skin, don't worry. I'm pale as anything and I don't even think it gives me a yellow tinge...... I think its lovely moisturiser....and I've bought the most expensive stuff thats available over the years.